Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) (30284 Views)

Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola / Samuel Okwaraji Died 32 Years Ago / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
omooba969:
I remember that afternoon. 😔

Awwwwwwwwn! undecided
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Rhema04(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
You remember the dead but you dey owe the living their allowances
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by opeaskey(m): 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
Damage control
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by kunle4toyeyaho: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
adedayoa2:
Oh okwaraji, oh Okwaraji, Iwo nikan l'owo mama, Iwo nikan l'owo Baba. Toh ba'n gba bollu l'orun koge wàn lege ara.
Weldone Fuji Commander 😂
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by simply22: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
May his soul continue to rest in peace.
The day of his passing at the then National Stadium Surulere Lagos was a very sad say in Nigeria.
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Bridget95(f): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
Sermwell:

It was 1989.

All these children sef! I'm sure you also believed the Nigeria v India match happened! grin
My brother, that Nigeria vs India match, I believed that story untill recently. Ball turning into lion , big stone etc untl India scored 99 goals with strong juju and FIFA discovered and banned them. That is why India doesn't play international matches. LOL

🇮🇳 vs 🇳🇬
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Pathfinder2090: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ewedegubbler:
He’s Igbo. He hates Tinubu from the grave

Get out
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by riczy(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ewedegubbler:
He’s Igbo. He hates Tinubu from the grave
Why do some of u like disparaging feedbacks!
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Why do most togolese men look like the referee, down to the same hairstyle and cheekbones?
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by yomi531(m): 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
Thereishel:
He dies in 1979 not 1989
Nah. August 12, 1989.
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by billagreen(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
AmadeGTG:
If you are man/woman under 43 years and your hairline is going bald 👩‍🦲 or you are a guy that doesn’t have beards 🧔‍♂️. Let me give you a solution that works within 30- 45 days.

It’s simple easy to make by your self at home. I made a explanatory video which shows the ingredients and method of application all for 1200Naira. See my WhatsApp in bio

Works within 30-45 days of application

How do I contact u
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by AmadeGTG: 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
billagreen:

How do I contact u

See WhatsApp in bio
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by gabbasin: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
I was there live that day at the national stadium in Lagos, I saw siasia raising his hands on his head, 6 fans died too in the stadium due to poor crowd management, RIP Okwaraji. Nigeria 1 Angola 0, Courtesy of a grounder by returnee Okey Isima. A day I will never forget, I read in the newspapers the next day that Okwaraji died and 6 other fans
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by omooba969(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

Awwwwwwwwn! undecided

Mariah Mariah grin hope you're having a good weekend...? smiley

Do you even know the guy?
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Expanse2020(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
lincsnuel:
The legend about this footballer has helped write his name in history.

When we were kids, we were told great tales of how he helped rescue Nigeria by scoring a winning goal. I can't vividly remember but legend described of how the football turned into a stone, others said lion head or head of palm tree.
Na lie he died because of his enlarge heart and high blood pressure...he died in Nigeria stadium here during Angola match...you have been fed lie...

Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by OMBIIGA: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
1st Maradona don die, 2nd Maradona don die, oh Samuel Okwaraji!!!
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Expanse2020(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
He gave his life for Nigeria, at the last dying moment no hero is greater than okwaraji, fighting through the Indian barefooted talismen and part time juju men scoring at free fall
na lie your Igbo ppl de carry up and down since these year
Na lie he died because of his enlarge heart and high blood pressure...he died in Nigeria stadium here during Angola match...you have been fed lie...
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
omooba969:

Mariah Mariah grin hope you're having a good weekend...? smiley

Do you even know the guy?

Onijogbon! I am, thanks.

Heard stories about him. Especially from my mum.
By the way, are you low-key tribalistic? undecided
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by omooba969(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

Onijogbon! I am, thanks.

Heard stories about him. Especially from my mum.
By the way, are you low-key tribalistic? undecided

Why do you ask, do I come across as one?
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Mccullum: 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
RIP the legend.
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
omooba969:

Why do you ask, do I come across as one?

Some of your comments I've come across... undecided
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by TrustNone: 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
lincsnuel:
The legend about this footballer has helped write his name in history.

When we were kids, we were told great tales of how he helped rescue Nigeria by scoring a winning goal. I can't vividly remember but legend described of how the football turned into a stone, others said lion head or head of palm tree.

lol read the full fairytale here
https://www.thehistoryville.com/india-nigeria-99-1/
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by TrustNone: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Sermwell:

You didn't watch any such match!! You were obviously a kid who was lied to. That Nigeria v India match never happened! grin grin
it happened bro.
Read full story here
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by TrustNone: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Is this thing even real Not sure FIFA has any record of this
it's real bro. https://www.thehistoryville.com/india-nigeria-99-1/
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by Sermwell(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
TrustNone:
it happened bro.
Read full story here

Just imagine the kind of source you're quoting me with! grin grin

That Ehis who owns the blog was a kid like you who was also told the fiction! cheesy grin

I even thought you were going to refer me to FIFA archives or news grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by omooba969(m): 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

Some of your comments I've come across... undecided

I don't think I make tribalistic comments , I can't even remember making one unless you fish one out for me.
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
omooba969:

I don't think I make tribalistic comments , I can't even remember making one unless you fish one out for me.

You do, but in a subtle (not too offensive) way.
Maybe you just don't realize it.
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by omooba969(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
mariahAngel:

You do, but in a subtle (not too offensive) way.
Maybe you just don't realize it.

Lol, now this doesn't hold water you know.

Anyway, kílon happen shey we no go chop fried plantain báyí? 🤷
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by chidi2003(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
SQLmastar:
Before that game against Angola, Okwaraji scored the lone goal for Nigeria in her 99 - 1 demolition by India.

I remember the match vividly, although I was still a teenager at the time. We experienced some unconventional and surreal football tactics from the Indians. I am writing a book on this and it would be available on Kindle, very soon.
Stop this fictitious story that had been past from one generation to another! Such a football match - was never played anywhere!
Rest on well, Samuel "The Crocodile" Okwaraji
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by chidi2003(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=chidi2003 post=125068353][/quote] lie!
Re: NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
omooba969:

Lol, now this doesn't hold water you know.

You might not think so, but it does.

Anyway, kílon happen shey we no go chop fried plantain báyí? 🤷

Mi o mo ooo!
It could be that I'm just over posting on that thread. undecided
Posting there is no longer as exciting as it used to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match / Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.