Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 (32712 Views)

Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Padipadi(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2023
Rich culture. Shame on those traitor Yoruba moslems of Ilorin dancing to the tune of the evil caliphate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Banhammy717: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2023
Participating in this Osun Festivities is tantamount to idol worship, it's haram.
Repent from this punishable sin before it's too late.
Hell fire is real
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by VEHINTOLAR: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2023
tunjilana:
We should be grateful to the Ibadan warriors who chased away the Fulani's from oshogbo and prevented a takeover in 1840. If not for them, this colorful event wont have bn happening and the rhetoric will be that Osogbo is a town of Alfas.

smiley

1840 was not the first time Osogbo people had contact with the Fulani Jihadists. Fulani first invaded Osogbo through Ipole forests and they (the Fulani) were mysteriously defeated. A strange woman,widely believed to be Osun goddess,prepared "Asaro" - for the unsuspecting Fulani warriors and they all died in their sleep !

Ibadan as a war camp was founded by warriors from every nook and cranny of Yoruba land. It was the "Eba Odan" that is, a place beside a forest for the congregation of all Yoruba warriors that later became what is known today as Ibadan. Ibadan,just like Osogbo,is a cosmopolitan Yoruba city. It is an ancient town that belongs to all Yorubas and that's why people from all over Yoruba towns and villages are now the indigenous people of Ibadan. Maye,who could be described as the founder of Ibadan,was a hunter/warrior from Ile Ife.

There are ifes,Oyos,Ijebus, Ijeshas,Ekitis,Egbas,Ibolos,Igbomonas,etc who are today indigenes of Ibadan. In Osogbo too,originally an Ijesha town, you have people from Ijesha land,Ibolo (Offa, Erin Ile,etc),Igbomina,Oyo,Ibadan (the Oderinlos of Osogbo),etc who are today all indigenes of Osogbo. There are lots of interconnectivity in Yoruba land. The Iyana Offa people of Ibadan are purely Ibolo people,majorly from Offa but they are today indigenes of Ibadan. The renowned Efunsetan Aniwura,Iyalode Ilu 'badan, was originally an Egba woman. The soldiers you termed "Ibadan warriors" were actually Yoruba warriors and that is a fact.

So,Omo Iya mi,Ibadan belongs to all Yoruba even though there are people who can be regarded as indigenes of the ancient town today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by ufuosman(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Our culture our pride
Beautiful culture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by EquitableTech: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
Omoawoke:
God bless our culture
Yoruba culture is really strong

All the slaves calling this evil

I blame your inferiority complex and I marvel at your depth of ignorance of Yoruba culture.

Do you wonder why ifa is practiced outside the continent ?
What happened was that there was a disconnect due to colonization and slavery. Yorubas and other Africans were very great before losing our heritage.
Do you know of the Benin empire and oyo empire.

Our ancestors were very knowledgeable and if only the knowledge was passed down, we would have been 100% independent. Do you know the movie black panther, that is exactly how Yorubas and other Africans are supposed to be technologically advanced and prosperous.

The evidences are there for you for to see. Look at our ancient artifacts and you will wonder what kind of technology they used.

Our ancestors made tools with iron and steel. How did they know that engineering?
How did they make those artifacts to perfect precision

Do you know the odu ifa are 256 in number and it is same with the 256 binary codes. How did our ancestors know binary codes long before the whites came

You know why you are dumb and very unintelligent. You have low self esteem and very foolish. You waited for the whites to write your history for you, people that enslaved you. Please who are the satanist, those that came here to enslave you and threw your ancestors inside Atlantic Ocean or you that was attacked?

Thanks for educating the ignorant ones

At the bold

Apart from the fact that the Odu Ifa is the same as the binary codes, just like the binary codes, each Odu Ifa is in 1s and zeros....which forms the basis of all Technology ever invented by man.

It's complete lack of understanding of Odu Ifa to ascribe it tot the devil. I cringe at the thought of people who thinks that way about Odu Ifa.

The Odu Ifa is the beginning and the end of everything that existed, exist and will exixt in this Universe.
You only need to devote time to study it and you will be amazed at what you'll find out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by tunjilana: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

1840 was not the first time Osogbo people had contact with the Fulani Jihadists. Fulani first invaded Osogbo through Ipole forests and they (the Fulani) were mysteriously defeated. A strange woman,widely believed to be Osun goddess,prepared "Asaro" - for the unsuspecting Fulani warriors and they all died in their sleep !

Ibadan is war camp which was founded by warriors from every nook and cranny of Yoruba land. It was the "Eba Odan" that is, a place beside a forest for the congregation of all Yoruba warriors that later became what is known today as Ibadan. Ibadan,just like Osogbo,is a cosmopolitan Yoruba city. It is an ancient town that belongs to all Yorubas and that's why people from all over Yoruba towns and villages are now the indigenous people of Ibadan. Maye,who could be described as the founder of Ibadan,was a hunter/warrior from Ile Ife. There are ifes,Oyos,Ijebus, Ijeshas,Ekitis,Egbas,Ibolos,Igbomonas,etc who are today indigenes of Ibadan. In Osogbo too,originally an Ijesha town, you have people from Ijesha land,Ibolo (Offa, Erin Ile,etc),Igbomina,Oyo,Ibadan (the Oderinlos of Osogbo),etc who are today all indigenes of Osogbo. There are lots of interconnectivity in Yoruba land. The Iyana Offa people of Ibadan are purely Ibolo people,majorly from Offa but they are today indigenes of Ibadan. The renowned Efunsetan Aniwura,Iyalode Ilu 'badan, was originally an Egba woman. The soldiers you termed "Ibadan warriors" were actually Yoruba warriors and that is a fact.

So,Omo Iya mi,Ibadan belongs to all Yoruba even though there are people who can be regarded as indigenes of the ancient town today.

While this is largely true, there are still slight deviations.

Most of the settlers in Ibadan were largely from the oyo block with later inclusion of ijebu and egba due to proximity. The eastern yoruba block of (ijesha-ife-ekiti-ondo) were a standalone block and were not heavily present in Ibadan until after the 1840 war.

As at 1840, the oyo empire has significantly weakened and was no longer a major rallying point for yoruba land. The eastern yoruba block earlier mentioned have rebelled and were even part of the reasons the Fulani warriors could advance to Oshogbo, history has it that ijesha and ekiti gave free passage to the ilorin(fulani) warriors as a form of rebellion and aftermath of the yoruba civil war.

The Ogbomosho/oke-ogun axis would have been the logical route for Fulani warriors to get to the ocean, which was their target but that axis was still fiercely loyal to Oyo so they took the route where they could easily see conspirators.

Ibadan saw the advance of the Fulanis as a threat to yorubaland and they had to summon warriors from all over and became the new rallying point. they made everyone see the bigger picture and sheath internal strife to jointly confront the Fulanis. Which was a success.

Even the fall of ilorin was a result of rebellion. that rebellion could have consmed all of yoruba land if the Ibadan forces didnt rise to the occassion and rally others to confront it and not see it as an "Oshogb" problem.

After the war, the first thing the soldiers did was to punish all the yoruba-blooded conspirators who made it easy for Fulanis to advance. Both yoruba-blooded ilorin soldiers and towns in the ijesha-ekiti axis who were found culpable were punished, while fulani-soldiers were captured as political negotiation tools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by lomprico(m): 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
Colorful smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Omoawoke: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
LINSAR:

So how come after all our ancestors did, our continent is still the least developed?
Why did we only start having major developments when we started having contact with foreigners?

If colonization did not happen, we would at our own pace developed. Colonization cut us off completely from our root.
If you observe carefully at all other races in the world, you will realize that only blacks lost it completely. How many Indians do you see bearing English names? How many Arabs do you see bearing western names? How many Chinese bears western names or Arab names?
But look at Africans, bearing Arab and English names.

That should tell you somehting, Africans lost their identity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by ezegenigbonine: 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
yemmywesey:

Who is christ w. Where was Christ when black people were enslaved and colonized by the west and Arabs.
Christ is a fiction and illusion used to enslave the mind of the poor and the oppressed forever.
Do they worship christ in china.
Do they worship christ in India, Japan Korea etc., Are they not better off.
Indigenous beliefs is the only way to free our mind from an illusional christ.

Worshipping God or not does not determine how successful you will be in life. All I know is that salvation is a matter of choice. Going to heaven or help is a matter of choice, believing God is also a matter of choice. Me and my family believe on God and Christ, if you like believe in Hindu, or Judaism or oracles or Islam or even your fore fathers, that's you cup of tea.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Omoawoke: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

Worshipping God or not does not determine how successful you will be in life. All I know is that salvation is a matter of choice. Going to heaven or help is a matter of choice, believing God is also a matter of choice. Me and my family believe on God and Christ, if you like believe in Hindu, or Judaism or oracles or Islam or even your fore fathers, that's you cup of tea.

I don’t know of your own head oo or culture. But Yoruba culture believes in prosperity and not having prosperity is like a sickness of the soul.

Keep worshiping your alien gods from Mecca and Israel that believes you must suffer to worship them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by juman(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
nomolos92:

Ilorin will be eventually restored to the rightful owners and we will chase you crazy baldheads out of the town

grin grin grin grin grin

You rant.

Islam is the rightful owner of the city.
Get that to your head.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by ezegenigbonine: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
Omoawoke:

I don’t know of your own head oo or culture. But Yoruba culture believes in prosperity and not having prosperity is like a sickness of the soul.

Keep worshiping your alien gods from Mecca and Israel that believes you must suffer to worship them

Freedom of speech sha and may almighty God in his infinite mercy have mercy on you. Amen
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Sleekfingers: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
nomolos92:
Instead of going to Mecca or Jerusalem for religious jamboree I'll better go to Osun Oshogbo festival

I have been going there since 2009. But I didn't go since 2020 till date. I must go there next year. And my kids must go with me, whether their mother like it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by yemmywesey(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

Where is heaven and Who have been to heaven before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Error401: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
This is the first time I will be seeing HD coverage of Osun Osogbo festival. Keep it up. You can make a website for this and keep records of notable festivals in Nigeria. Maybe someday, you can get a national recorgnition award. You can consider having an aerial view shots included, costly but a great niche. Im far from home but so happy seeing my people elevating the Yoruba culture, and most importantly, in Super HD pictures. tongue tongue tongue tongue

leanonme82:
Osun state governor at Osun Osogbo 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Error401: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
Wetin concern you, its haram to you, its not haram to others. I am a muslim and given the chance, I will visit, not to worship the river, but to elevate my Culture. Even the Allah said and let yours be yours and let mine be mine. So who are you tall people wrong when Allah already gave people go ahead to worship freely?

Banhammy717:
Participating in this Osun Festivities is tantamount to idol worship, it's haram.
Repent from this punishable sin before it's too late.
Hell fire is real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Error401: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
In HD please, because some mumu people will create posts with itel phone and we will not even see people talk more of river. I love this thread because the pictures are 100% detailed
eepeepook:
Celebration of culture. We need more of these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by Omoawoke: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
EquitableTech:

Thanks for educating the ignorant ones

At the bold

Apart from the fact that the Odu Ifa is the same as the binary codes, just like the binary codes, each Odu Ifa is in 1s and zeros....which forms the basis of all Technology ever invented by man.

It's complete lack of understanding of Odu Ifa to ascribe it tot the devil. I cringe at the thought of people who thinks that way about Odu Ifa.

The Odu Ifa is the beginning and the end of everything that existed, exist and will exixt in this Universe.
You only need to devote time to study it and you will be amazed at what you'll find out.

The bolded is true. The scientific theory of the Big Bang was well covered in ifa. How the universe came into existence and flash of consciousness through light came into it.

Ifa is like quantum physics. The only thing is that we did not write in textbooks, it was abandoned and left as something for illiterates and uncivilized people in the village.

I’ve read books like a brief history of time, and I can tell you it was well covered in Ifa

Ifa is meant to be a phd course on its own. Ifa is our own very quantum mechanics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by VEHINTOLAR: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
tunjilana:

While this is largely true, there are still slight deviations.

Most of the settlers in Ibadan were largely from the oyo block with later inclusion of ijebu and egba due to proximity. The eastern yoruba block of (ijesha-ife-ekiti-ondo) were a standalone block and were not heavily present in Ibadan until after the 1840 war.

As at 1840, the oyo empire has significantly weakened and was no longer a major rallying point for yoruba land. The eastern yoruba block earlier mentioned have rebelled and were even part of the reasons the Fulani warriors could advance to Oshogbo, history has it that ijesha and ekiti gave free passage to the ilorin(fulani) warriors as a form of rebellion and aftermath of the yoruba civil war.

The Ogbomosho/oke-ogun axis would have been the logical route for Fulani warriors to get to the ocean, which was their target but that axis was still fiercely loyal to Oyo so they took the route where they could easily see conspirators.

Ibadan saw the advance of the Fulanis as a threat to yorubaland and they had to summon warriors from all over and became the new rallying point. they made everyone see the bigger picture and sheath internal strife to jointly confront the Fulanis. Which was a success.

Even the fall of ilorin was a result of rebellion. that rebellion could have consmed all of yoruba land if the Ibadan forces didnt rise to the occassion and rally others to confront it and not see it as an "Oshogb" problem.

After the war, the first thing the soldiers did was to punish all the yoruba-blooded conspirators who made it easy for Fulanis to advance. Both yoruba-blooded ilorin soldiers and towns in the ijesha-ekiti axis who were found culpable were punished, while fulani-soldiers were captured as political negotiation tools.

You're right,absolutely ! Oduduwa Afewonro yio gbe gbogbo Omo Yoruba t'ile t'oko,amin, ase Edumare ! Many thanks my brother for your beautiful insights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Yoruba people are a beautiful Island of culture in a sea of the Euro-Arabian plantation known as Nigeria.

Without Yoruba people, the world will think ALL Nigerians are culturally enslaved to Rome and Mecca.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
hansomb:
There's nothing cultural in this. Fetish and occult practices is all I see

Oga please honor your IMPORTED WHITE Jesus in peace BUT don't insult us as we honor our Yoruba mother Osun. If you continue, I will be forced to insult your IMPORTED WHITE Jesus with some very bad words you will not like. Thank you.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ejiakusmith:
Is too fetish..... Yoruba and juju like bread &
butter 🧈 🧈 🥪🥪🍞 Of all animals ... Na Goat head 🐐🐐 that one take the cabash him head

Oga please honor your IMPORTED WHITE Jesus in peace BUT don't insult us as we honor our Yoruba mother Osun. If you continue, I will be forced to insult your IMPORTED WHITE Jesus with some very bad words you will not like. Thank you.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
Dolapo2000:
Just make sure u dont bring it to our ilorin, ilu afaa.Innal mushrikeena najasun

Oga please honor your IMPORTED ARAB moohamed in peace BUT don't insult us as we honor our Yoruba mother Osun. If you continue, I will be forced to insult your IMPORTED ARAB moohamed with some very bad words you will not like. Thank you.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:
Omo see as their eyes strong shocked

Have you seen the eyes of a christian pastor infused with the spirit before?
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
Buhari4dullard:
have they cleared it with the Fulani masters?

Yes, we have cleared with our OSU masters.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
Pardubice:
Demonic culture...initiating people in marine kingdom.Jesus is the only way!!!

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
toprealman:
This is beautiful. Imagine telling these crowd to vote for good governance…de play🤣🤣🤣0% of whatever their prayer point will be resolved by good governance.Many still do not understand what religion is unfortunately.

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
grandstar:
Is she a pagan? I met her at the gallery. Very down to earth.

Pagan? Why use demeaning words invented by your WHITE enslavers to describe our beautiful heritage? Oga please honor your IMPORTED WHITE Jesus in peace BUT don't insult us as we honor our Yoruba mother Osun. If you continue, I will be forced to insult your IMPORTED WHITE Jesus with some very bad words you will not like. Thank you.
Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
happney65:
I see one virgin today. The girl wey carry the calabash on her head. At least them dey confirm am say no dick has passed throughI thank my JesusJesu seun.

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
t2luv1:
I thought I was looking at some fentanyl-induced orgy. Someone gotta explain to me what cultural values am I missing

Re: Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
t2luv1:
What's there to respect? The same culture that practices the false notion of making money and riches using human skulls.

ALL the people that do money rituals in Nigeria are Muslim ALFAs. Go and verify.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo Attends Obas’ Council Meeting At Ooni’s Palace For The First Time / Danladi Gyet Maude Kidnapped: Kpop Ham Abducted In Nasarawa / Ooni, Others Almost Suffocated At Omoluabi Card Launch (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.