Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

International Wolrd Lefthand Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / International Wolrd Lefthand Day (106 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Wolrd Lefthand Day by Oshin56(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2023
International Lefthanders Day was created to celebrate sinistrality and raise awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed world. It celebrates left-handed people’s uniqueness and differences, a subset of humanity comprising seven to ten percent of the world's population. The day also spreads awareness on issues faced by left-handers, e.g. the importance of the special needs for left-handed children, and the likelihood for left-handers to develop schizophrenia.
Several media outlets and commercial associations have made one-off posts and compilations of accomplished left-handed people in recognition of the holiday. It was not easy for me as a southpaw because my father was always beating me when doing things with left hand, Please as an individual kindly share one or two challenges you face when growing up and parents too can share there experience they have with there children using Left hand.
Cc: RoyalRoy

(1) (Reply)

Are You Worried About How To Take Care Of Your Children? Enter Here! / 3 Must Read, Unputdownable Books (non Fiction) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.