Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? (1548 Views)

Ondo: Omoyeni Joy Folakemi Makes 9As In WAEC, 338 In JAMB, 1400/1600 In SAT / 9As: Ugboaja Chizobam Stephany WAEC Result 2019 (Photos) / "How I Succeeded": Chinecherem Cynthia Who Had All 9As In WAEC Reveals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Entprys(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2023
1996, during my NYSC in Anambra State(Achina in aguata), then, 'A level' was as common as reciting national pledge.
I remember one Toochi then. . . but let 's forget cos Igbos here will soon start boasting.

But why are we celebrating 9As these days as if it is a big deal while in the past it was nothing ?

4 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Ibadanpikin: 7:59am On Aug 13, 2023
Entprys:
1996, during my NYSC in Anambra State(Achina in aguata), then, 'A level' was as common as reciting national pledge.
I remember one Toochi then. . . but let 's forget cos Igbos here will soon start boasting.

But why are we celebrating 9As these days as if it is a big deal while in the past it was nothing ?
Success attracts envy,why the 9As is giving you sleepless night is because it is igbos breaking and setting records and not your tribe.Old man who behaves like kids,if you want your children to achieve success,then you must celebrate with those celebrating.

5 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by sleek214(m): 8:01am On Aug 13, 2023
Because of the Fraudulent Mmesoma, Obidients started telling the world how they are the most intelligent people in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Puss360(f): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2023
I wonder o ... Well I'm not saying it's bad to have A's all round but the ministry of Education is just sort of confused here in this country...
After O level, comes higher institution, so why does Jamb have a low cut-off?
Jamb is over 400 and 200 is average, cut off is meant to be 200 or anything above 200, but here cut off Is below 200.. I don't know their reasons but I'm sure It's this sort of "Let my people go" solution..... Yet waec students are amassing all round A's everywhere....

In most countries their exams isn't easily passed..
Even the so-called IELTS test of "English" that's still our official language, we still fail.. and those countries don't mind, their standard remains high...

Well, kudos to those students who got distinction in their waec "through honest means" ...
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by LionTiger(m): 8:03am On Aug 13, 2023
Ethnic war. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by adebayo987: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2023
Ormo! I tire o... In the end, na dropouts go employ them.
Entprys:

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by GanagiBitrus: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2023
It has always been celebrated and nothing wrong with celebrating Excellence.
Fact is that in this era of Social Media, everyone has easy access to information. So everything appears more amplified than before.

3 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by LionTiger(m): 8:10am On Aug 13, 2023
sleek214:
Because of the Fraudulent Mmesoma, Obidients started telling the world how they are the most intelligent people in the world.
Nmesoma your Dearling, Obidients your High BP
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Ibadanpikin: 8:10am On Aug 13, 2023
Puss360:
I wonder o
In your Waec how many Bs do you have talkless of As.illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Wodu89: 8:14am On Aug 13, 2023
adebayo987:
Ormo! I tire o... In the end, na dropouts go employ them.

Na wa for you o !

In the end, na dropouts go employ them

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Puss360(f): 8:17am On Aug 13, 2023
Ibadanpikin:
In your Waec how many Bs do you have talkless of As.illiterate
😂😂😂... So should I post my results here for you to see?...
Naa... During my time, social media wasn't as Interactive as it is now...
So mind face front...
Go school , u say no, say school na scam...
Now you can't discuss on public forum..

Mental...
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by b3llo(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2023
Excellence is worth celebrating

2 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by PureFace1(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2023
Entprys:

Igbo started it.

Igbo people were gloating and taunting Yoruba with the result of Igbo students.

Go and check the thread and see how they were insulting Yoruba, what they don't know is that if it is not being posted on Nairaland it doesn't mean there are no Yoruba students that clear their Waec too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Fugazy2023: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2023
The posts about that yoruba boy and girl having 9as on the front page dey pain you abi grin
Because say no be person from you region, the thing come dey vex you 🤣🤣
Leave am, let us celebrate them in peace. He mo concern you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Lanal: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2023
So we should celebrate your stupidity and mediocrity instead abi ? We are celebrating smartness and intelligence and you are getting angry, brainless fvck . Look at you and your fellow dolts trying to drag tribes into this simple matter.
Let me put it in terms you may understand.
" MonkEY do Well , monkey gets banana

Other monkeys happy for monkey, younger monkeys aspire to be like monkey,

Intelligence grows and stupidity dies

6 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Modsarefools(f): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2023
Igbos are always brilliant people in all their endeavors

#Proud Edo boy#

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by papyjaypaul: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
I had no problem with the topic until I read your second line. In the 90s, we were not so bothered by Tochi, Tolu or Ta-Allah. When we saw something good, we celebrated it. We were not looking at who came from where when se were watching Atlanta 96. Some of us went from the East to the North, from Lagos to Imo, from Gusau to Sagamu. Did you go to a FG school because you want to sound like you're an old school person but dropped the ball? I know where you are headed with your post and the unlucky fishes will fall for your poisonous hook. Just remember, your politicians give no damn about your differences the same way ordinary Nigerians have no problem with each other. Keep trying to rile people up, it shows what's within you.
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by workchopNG: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
If it's in the US, any candidate that scores 9 parallel A will get admission in the 7 ivy league universities on scholarship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by melonsgroup: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
The era of smart phones taking inside the exam hall
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Omoawoke: 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Entprys:

It has never been nothing and it gives a sense of achievement. I didn’t have straight As but my Waec and jamb results were so good and I could remember my parents telling their friends about it. Same year I got to Unilag and it was like a celebration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Omoawoke: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Modsarefools:
Igbos are always brilliant people in all their endeavors

#Proud Edo boy#

And who said others are not brilliant?
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by lildonn222: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
It shows that we have no intention of correcting our mistakes. We appreciate certificates more than actual capabilities that's why parents help their kids to cheat during exams.
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Stone03: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
I disagree with you. 9As aren't common in those days unlike now that exam malpractices, miracle exam centers are common.
Back then in Boys High School Awkunanaw Enugu, exam Invigilators were feared like DSS. Just seeing an Invigilator sends one kind of chill down your spines and you dare not mess up. Sitting arrangements alone in the exam hall would tell you that there's no peace for they that hope on expo.

1 Like

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by juman(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2023
It worth celebrating.
Any success worth celebrating.

But I think most of those 9As are hand made.
Miracle centers are many.

2 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by juman(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hope their brilliance is useful to the country.

Okowa was a very brilliant student.
But he was a very useless governor.
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by TONYE001(m): 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
Entprys:

9 A's is a big thing and should be celebrated. This is how you encourage hard work.

2 Likes

Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by MrBroke(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
9As doesn't guarantee you shit for tomorrow but you have to be celebrated for being intelligent
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Entprys(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
Stone03:
I disagree with you. 9As aren't common in those days unlike now that exam malpractices, miracle exam centers are common.
Back then in Boys High School Awkunanaw Enugu, exam Invigilators were feared like DSS. Just seeing an Invigilator sends one kind of chill down your spines and you dare not mess up. Sitting arrangements alone in the exam hall would tell you that there's no peace for they that hope on expo.

Oga it was very common then. Even in that your Enugu I remember John Okoro and Ugwu Oliver. Also Keneth Oyibo who later studied radiography. These guys wrote GCE in ss2 then and came out with 'As'. After my NYSC, I lived in Ogui Rd till December 1997.
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by jeromestarks: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
Entprys:

It's like you're mad!
So you can celebrate BBnija fvcking themselves on live Tv but you can't celebrate excellence in academics?

People like you are the problem of this country.
Just imagine what's coming out of the brain of this dullard.
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Solsix(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
sleek214:
Remove mesoma u will still get another Igbo gal. Are we not the most intelligent people in the world??
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Entprys(m): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
jeromestarks:

It's like you're mad!
So you can celebrate BBnija fvcking themselves on live Tv but you can't celebrate excellence in academics?

People like you are the problem of this country.
Just imagine what's coming out of the brain of this dullard.

Small small, you are not talking to your father.
He is the only mad man I know
Re: Mediocrity: Why Are We Celebrating '9as' In WAEC These Days ? by Britishpea: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
Lol, to read isn’t easy. Give kudos to whoever that comes off flying colors.

Just started another degree and I know how tolling it is on me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atbu Admissions 2009/2010 / ....................................... / Universty Of Abuja Is Out With The 2010/2011 Part Time Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.