Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,824 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

The Thirsty Fish--story Of A Homeless Teenager - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thirsty Fish--story Of A Homeless Teenager (283 Views)

A Homeless Man Was Invited For A Wedding. When He Took The Mic, Everyone Was Spe / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Thirsty Fish--story Of A Homeless Teenager by Ogamysamo: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2023
Adeyi is a 15 year old girl who has spent the last six years without an address, surviving by what the kind and generous members of the society have to spare. Her life on the street ended when a well to do member of the society decided to give her an address... Will it make a difference? Will life with the Steves help her complete the had started building while on the street?

Re: The Thirsty Fish--story Of A Homeless Teenager by Ogamysamo: 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
Chapter one
Spinning for as long as she could remembered, she left the textile house to have a Look at the outside world, to clear her head of the accumulated stress and to iron the weird imagination that continued to hunt her non-stop since she got herself working the textile.
She skulks to the doorway behind the weaving section of the factory. Leaving the textile house when activities are on is punishable for a minion but she needed a time away from the demanding work.
It’s a deadly adventure, but worth risking. ’It won’t please the Steves that I want to take a walk during working hours’ she thought. ‘It won’t please me either if I sit back here and work myself out without attending to myself’. She muttered
She held unto the door-knob in fear, her hand shook as she turned the knob. Yish¬! It’s locked! She murmured.
She remembered she was the only worker that has a spare key through the back door-all thanks to Shibo. She had refused collecting it, ‘it’s because I trust you, and beside am a human; I may lost mine and still needed to use it’, he had said. ‘Don’t worry, you may need it even’. He persuaded and dipped the key into her back pocket. ‘A cool time to let you know that your good deed or rather thoughtful deed is accompanied by an act of molestation’. She indicted.
Anxiety overwhelmed her and bead of sweats ran down her cheeks. She took one more glance at the group of workers committed to fulfilling their tasks. She was missing from among the spinners yet nobody knew.
She fastened her back to the door, handling it with her left fingers. Her lips stretch into a smile as the spare key found its way into the hole. She pulled the door with cautions, bolted it and inserted the key into her pant pouch.
The gate stood meters away in the expanse of the building. She looked around to be sure nobody saw her exiting the back door. Satisfied that her possession of a spare key is still their little secret she saunter to the gate head high. ‘One more mountain to climb.’ she thought.
Her face tinted from the biting wind. She crutches the helm of the coat, giving it a perfect union with her lower jaw for warmth after escaping the tense room at whose alter sweat is offered for commitment offering.
‘Where do you think you are going?’ A husky voice queried from the store house.
Mr Steve? What is he doing in the factory? Why must he opt for this day? Her hands freeze and her heart popped.
‘I... I was… I was about to… sorry sir, I’m not going anywhere sir. I just left… I just finished not too long and… I’ll be returning to work sir. I’m not going home.’ She stuttered
Her confidence returned as he drew closer, hands pocketed. Oh! Thank God it’s Shibo, she yanked and resumed her walk
It’s not yet closing time, you still have two whole hours of working time, where the hell is your obduracy taking you to?’ Mr. Shibo yelled as she headed for the exit door.
‘Oh! sorry sir; I’ll be back in a jiffy, trust me.’ She promised and turned to look him in the face
‘Just desire some fresh air’. She added smiling as he stood watching her in uncertainty.
‘Is it not obvious that the outer weather is harder on you?’ He said with a voice of concern. ‘Is there a thing you’re not telling me?’
‘I’m alright sir, I’ll be back. Trust me’.
‘Never mind, you can keep the remaining hours’. He said
‘Oh, thank you sir I appreciate’. She said prostrating.
‘Common it’s high time you realise I’m not the man on your village’s throne’. He taunted
‘I don’t have a village, am a town breed’. She teased rolling her eyes. ‘Maybe you should create one for me so you finally reside on its throne’.
‘You know I’ve always tried my luck, you are just inflexible ’
‘You said?’
‘Don’t pretend not to have heard me’
‘Thank you once again. I really need the two hours; I’ll be on my way now’.
‘See you tomorrow, report early enough to escape penalty because I won’t take it easy on you if you violate. Ok?’
‘Can’t wait to see you my… my hardworking worker’ he slush

(1) (Reply)

The Man I Called My Good Neighbour (Episode 1) / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 168/life Lessons / Despondency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.