Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? (2310 Views)

Man U Fans.. There's Nothing Special About Anthony / More Details About Anthony Joshua (AJ) / Download Yesterday Match/football Highlights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by franchasofficia: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
Seems Nigerians' obsession with Anthony Joshua is over after his last loss of the world heavyweight title?

I am asking because nobody talked about his yesterday's match with Helenius which he won via a 7th round knock out?

Where is DJ Cuppy and co? Una no love AJ again shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by descarado: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
My friend was so excited about this fight.
And more excited Anthony won

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by Never4getU: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
Joshua is joke...how can u hold on to 7round with fighter wilder ko in 1round of the fight..plus he's not yet develop his aggression

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by tommy589(m): 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
The pummelling from hunger Nigerians are receiving daily is enough to give amnesia grin
Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by SalamRushdie: 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Because he fought a week boxer and went 7 rounds with him, this is the same guy Deontay wilder knocked out in seconds

12 Likes

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by Kingosytex(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
Cuppy had one kind obsession for AJ but it's all died down. Many became uninterested in AJ after his loss to Usyk.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by ehikwe22: 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Because he fought a week boxer and went 7 rounds with him, this is the same guy Deontay wilder knocked out in seconds
Only novices measure fight this way.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by Jostoman: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
All our eyes are on judiciary, make joshua no vex

Congratulation to him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by Babamide(m): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
Joshua picked the weakest replacement he could find and you want us to interested
Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by lildush(m): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2023
My brother he have a bigger problem to worry about. Dollar is almost 1000 /$. We import everything.
Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
Watched it.
My only delight was the fact that he knocked out "Helinues".

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by bolaino(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
franchasofficia:
Seems Nigerians' obsession with Anthony Joshua is over after his last loss of the world heavyweight title?

I am asking because nobody talked about his yesterday's match with Helenius which he won via a 7th round knock out?

I Laugh in NIGERIEN...

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kingosytex:
Cuppy had one kind obsession for AJ but it's all died down. Many became uninterested in AJ after his loss to Usyk.
Usyk is no pushover at all sha but as for Joshua, I've always regarded him as meh undecided even when he was winning just because I've seen greater fighters, I mean I've watched all Tyson's fights. I just wish Joshua all the best in his career

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
The bout isn't title fight
Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by 90dbest: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
Not after he ran from the other challenge.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by alanto: 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nobody discuss pre or post match
Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:24am On Aug 14, 2023
Never4getU:
Joshua is joke...how can u hold on to 7round with fighter wilder ko in 1round of the fight..plus he's not yet develop his aggression

SalamRushdie:

Most of you have little or no knowledge of boxing, and it's obvious from your condescending judgements.

The fact that AJ has been a scared boxer since Andy Ruiz doesn't make him an underdog.

His fight yesterday had so many things involved:

The guy he fought mayn't be an heavyweight contender but that doesn't mean he is a joke. From physique to stamina and experience, AJ would have underestimated him at his peril...

The match was tactical because Helenius wanted AJ to open up so that he could land a big punch but AJ was smart and clinical.

No one should underestimate a worthy opponent!

Man City will never underestimate ManU because it's the current champion!

Above all, AJ needed to do this for another level of confidence boost...

He needed the the multiple rounds also for a better assessment of himself ... If he had done one or two, the criticism would have been a lot more worse.

Kudos to Helenius who took up a challenge barely 7 days of being notified!

Above all, let's support AJ, his former coach didn't help his career well at all.

If only AJ can muster more confidence and killer instinct like in the days he beat Klitschko, AJ could be very deadly!

He didn't become the heavy weight champion by beans!

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by SalamRushdie: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:

Most of you have little or no knowledge of boxing, and it's obvious from your condescending judgements.

The fact that AJ has been a scared boxer since Andy Ruiz doesn't make him an underdog.

His fight yesterday had so many things involved:

The guy he fought mayn't be an heavyweight contender but that doesn't mean he is a joke. From physique to stamina and experience, AJ would have underestimated him at his peril...

The match was tactical because Helenius wanted AJ to open up so that he could land a big punch but AJ was smart and clinical.

No one should underestimate a worthy opponent!

Man City will never underestimate ManU because it's the current champion!

Above all, AJ needed to do this for another level of confidence boost...

He needed the the multiple rounds also for a better assessment of himself ... If he had done one or two, the criticism would have been a lot more worse.

Kudos to Helenius who took up a challenge barely 7 days of being notified!

Above all, let's support AJ, his former coach didn't help his career well at all.

If only AJ can muster more confidence and killer instinct like in the days he beat Klitschko, AJ could be very deadly!

He didn't become the heavy weight champion by beans!

Wilder will floor AJ in 2nd round and AJ knows

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:35am On Aug 14, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Wilder will floor AJ in 2nd round and AJ knows

There's honestly currently no doubt about Wilder knocking AJ out.

I'm also scared for him.

But that's not the purpose of the discussion above. I only addressed an armature judgement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by Benwallt(m): 1:17am On Aug 14, 2023
If he'd tasted defeat it would have been much talked about
Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by TheSuperX(m): 4:37am On Aug 14, 2023
franchasofficia:

Dude he's representing Britain not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by Blazebond(m): 6:43am On Aug 14, 2023
Joshua that chickened out of a fight with fury and have also dodged wilder before,Joshua is gone.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by PlayerMeji: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2023
The old AJ was looking to keep a KO streak like Mike Tyson, who he was obsessed with... that made him to pack more muscles in his chest and biceps 💪 on some tiny legs which eventually made him heavy and slow.

Once any fight dragged out to the fifth round, he began to gas for air and became grubby.

This new AJ is leaner and his reaction is faster. He has the actual chest to calf muscle ratio. He is not heavy and he has worked on his glass chin. He is now tactical and doesn't rely on his KO punch 👊

Though, he needs more fights to get in his groove...

I see him competing at the top soon.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2023
Joshua won a rukky and you expect us to be happy?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 RICHEST African Footballers Of ALL TIME / Funny: Really Sad News For Bayern Munich / Sport Minister Blunders, Says Argentina Is A Football Association In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.