Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,693 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Why I Don't Like Being An Usher Or A Protocol In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Like Being An Usher Or A Protocol In Church (402 Views)

This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. / TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them / Usher Tried To Seize A Church Member’s Phone In Church (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Don't Like Being An Usher Or A Protocol In Church by TemplarLandry: 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
The Ushering Department and the Protocol Team are very important in churches. The ushers assist in directing churchgoers to their seats. They maintain decorum during church meetings. They watch for the safety of the congregation and act as the line of first response to medical emergencies. They collect and perhaps count the offering. Above all, the roles of ushers are not limited, they do whatever is right for every church meeting to be a success.

The Protocol department is the arm of the church that keeps orderliness in and out of the church. Their primary duty is to make sure that no harm befalls any member of the Pastoral body during church gatherings. It is also their duty to make sure that all vehicles belonging to church members and visitors are parked properly in order to avoid congestion and accidents.

But most of these ushers and protocols have allowed overfamiliarity with the pastor, or perhaps religious spirit to overwhelm them. Members of the Protocol Team who stand close to the altar don't participate in praying, they don't drop seeds when declarations are being made. I intuiΕ₯ they're made to erroneously believe they're not supposed to speak or move during church services.

Even though you guys might have had workers' service before the real church service begins, this shouldn't rob you of the corporate blessings associated with the gathering of saints.

If being an usher or a member of the Protocol Team would be what's going to rob me of the special experience of worshipping God in truth and spirit, I would rather abstain from joining.

I would rather join the Sanitation Team, I would help in cleaning the church. Whilst cleaning the floor, chairs etc., I would pray thus β€œLord, as I clean your house, clean my life, clean the lives of my children, oh Lord, let this service be a memorial in my name”.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Battling With Asthma, I Need Help. / Is Your Religious Organization The Way To Salvation? / Greatest Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.