Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,192 members, 7,835,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio (26139 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Tinubu Gave Me N2 Million When I Visited Him At Bourdillon / Dahiru Buba: Buhari Trekker Gets Car, N2 Million From Gombe Governor / APC Members Kick Against Akpabio’s Defection, Petition Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Advancedman(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2023
Islie:
"All senators received two million naira. And I am making this comment with a heavy heart because he (Akpabio) is the cause of this controversy.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/615950-senate-whip-says-n2-million-holidays-allowance-not-unusual-may-move-against-akpabio.html

Ndume is a fool.
You said it's leave allowance so making it public is not wrong.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by egoldman(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2023
Meanwhile, APC attack dogs like Seunng,, Hairyanus and FreeStuffsNG keep shouting renewed hope( hopelessness) upandan while their senators have received 2 million naira as a token to enjoy their holidays, nobi juju be that?
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by ambale(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2023
bestman09:
Sharing our commonwealth as usual.

Many households do not get up to N2m yearly, yet our distinguished senators just got N2m as pocket money for resting, even though they have not done anything meaningful yet.

This is not even part of their salary and other allowances.

I wonder the company that gives almost two months leave to all workers simultaneously

These guys are plain evil

What exactly are they doing that warrants going on leave?
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Throwback: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2023
Solsix:

Your point??

My point is that I answered your question with a global perspective/reference.

Except you were just lamenting aimlessly and preferred to remain ignorant?

Then I'm sorry for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Throwback: 9:35am On Aug 14, 2023
ambale:

I wonder the company that gives almost two months leave to all workers simultaneously

These guys are plain evil

What exactly are they doing that warrants going on leave?

Nothing unusual.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by comrChris(m): 9:38am On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

Senators say it is their statutory vacation allowance, you say it is illegal?

Are you a fellow Senator?
It's people like you that make me hate coming to this forum.

I have never seen a country where the oppressed praise their oppressors.
Maybe one of your family members is a senator or somehow benefiting from this corrupt government.

So it's right at a time like this when the masses are encouraged to bear because of the policies by the government for the senators to be allocating such money for a holiday? They have just spent two months in office oo.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Throwback: 9:42am On Aug 14, 2023
comrChris:
It's people like you that make me hate coming to this forum.

I have never seen a country where the oppressed praise their oppressors.
Maybe one of your family members is a senator or somehow benefiting from this corrupt government.

So it's right at a time like this when the masses are encouraged to bear because of the policies by the government for the senators to be allocating such money for a holiday? They have just spent two months in office oo.

What has oppressed and oppressor got to do with the Senate going on recess and getting their N2m recess allowance as confirmed by many sources including Senators who shared the alert screenshot?

Must we lament aimlessly?

People like me work and get paid. I go on vacation and get paid.

N2m recess allowance for Senators whose direct salary is about N29m per annum, is certainly not outrageous.

Many Nigerians working for top multinationals earn more than N20m per annum. Some even at entry level roles. So why would I be vexed that Senators earn N29m per annum or earn N2m for their recess?

So maybe that is why I do not reason like a part of the ignorant mob.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by ambale(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

Nothing unusual.

With the present situation of our country, should they be relaxing??

Dont always try to defend nonsense

What is their use that they are taking a long break?

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Emperor5(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2023
Akpabio is just transparent, how Nigerians is condemning his utterance shows that 98% of Nigerians are corrupt but they haven't see the opportunity to display it.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Throwback: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2023
ambale:

With the present situation of our country, should they be relaxing??

Dont always try to defend nonsense

What is their use that they are taking a long break?

Nonsense is when every other employer and employee go on vacation, but somehow expect the legislators not to go for theirs.

Isn't that selfish?

Didn't they show patriotism and good work ethic by delaying the recess to accommodate the late nomination of Ministers by the Tinubu Presidency?

As you are not a Robot, so are they not a Robot.

Or due to the "situation" in the country, you want them to pass a labour law that all employees must continue working without vacation and all employers must stop paying vacation allowance?

Let stop reasoning like a mob.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by victorazy(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
I have suddenly dislike akpabio with that his seductive smile. Asiwaju is currently very angry with him, I don't know why he chose to be unfortunate with what he did. Please he should be very careful and not give our government a bad name.

In circumference of political mehu-mehu, have you seen where Asiwaju made good choice in selection of holders?
From Kemi to Fasola.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by nnamdi640: 10:08am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
I have suddenly dislike akpabio with that his seductive smile. Asiwaju is currently very angry with him, I don't know why he chose to be unfortunate with what he did. Please he should be very careful and not give our government a bad name.
You dislike him for opening up telling Nigerians that senators will receive take home gift for their holiday. Honestly, some of you guys deserve bad leadership. Even without saying it, don't you know that they collect large amount of money, a country where the masses are subjected to hardship and those they voted for are living as if nothing is wrong here you are trying to support cover up game just because the president is from your side.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Didijiji: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
with Gandollar as your party chairman?

you be grand mumu o
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Free2Fly: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:

Just imagine this goat!
Your problem is that he disclosed the money they were stealing, not actually because of their stinking level of corruption!

It's amazing where such bizarre creatures like you supporters of that old corrupt drugbag come from.
Certainly, you all were not intentionally created by any creator.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Free2Fly: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2023
barmry:
He has learnt from this. The senators should just move on abeg but seriously this our leaders are wicked oo

As in, he has learnt how to hide the stealing, right?

So, you're promising he'll hide it better next time?

I wonder how on earth I'm sharing a country with you goats.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Coronavirus1: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2023
tunjijones:
But LP senator representing FCT said they didn't get anything.

Make politicians dey fear God. In this crisis of pummeling poverty Una still dey collect leave allowance.

Okay what do you people even want to sacrifice for Nigeria? So it's only the populace that shd bear all the hardship.

God purnish all Nigerian politicians.
Lp senator said she did not received any prayer in her mail box she is correct she only received money in her account.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Judolisco(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2023
Morbeta11:

So you believe its 2mil they received, come let me tell you how they played us again......immediately Akpabio fuckup, they sent the Labour party female Senate to give out a fake figur(Ofcourse they are one happy family called Elites) ......so she did and majority bought the figure.....now Ndume is here to seal it with " We will move against him" so we will all be happy that Akpabio is in soup. All not planned drama. The figure is more than 2mil hook line and sinker.
even 2m dey 2 much.... And una dey collect salary... Allowance dey for leave oh for government work ... Normal... But 2 million is 2 much
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by saysoo: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2023
Islie:
"All senators received two million naira. And I am making this comment with a heavy heart because he (Akpabio) is the cause of this controversy.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/615950-senate-whip-says-n2-million-holidays-allowance-not-unusual-may-move-against-akpabio.html
Akpabio has no capacity to be senate president. He is a clown.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by egoldman(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

Frequent recess by the legislature is a global standard.

For your education, see below.

Stop defending nonsese, is our poverty global standard? is our insecurity global standard? minimum wage in this country can not pay for most basic things, is that too a global standard?

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by yewit37486: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2023
egoldman:

Stop defending nonsese, is our poverty global standard? is our insecurity global standard? minimum wage in this country can not pay for most basic things, is that too a global standard?

Save your energy.
It's a waste of time exchanging words with people who have obviously exchanged their brains for peanuts in order to defend nonsense at any cost. I mean see the nonsense the guy has been pasting up and down with no iota of shame.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Bfly: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2023
Akpabio as the senate president was a mistake.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Myer(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:

Instead of directing our anger at Akpabio, I believe we should be thankful the he unwittingly exposed the excesses of the Nigerian legislators.
By God's grace, this should spur the President to pass a bill for reduction in their salaries or allowances as Nigerian senators are unreasonably the highest paid in the whole world.
Only God can intervene because how can one expect the victims of the bill to approve their own salary/allowance reduction?
But is any thing too hard for this God?

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Austineva(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
chai! A typical blqck man sighted. Blqck man with blqck brain.kai! Who did this to black people 🙄🙄🙄
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by adams123: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Even though we know that the money is billions not any 2m naira, but Dude are you normal? Which one is the Senators should move on?

In a sane country like China, those senators including akpabio would have been executed on national TV by firing squad for massive corruptions and public funds embezzlement.

No mind that guy, I'm a civil servant but I have never received any leave allowance before.

U wey dey work for 30 days how much u dey receive? Let alone holiday allowance
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by BadMaster: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2023
matm:
Why the fuss if it is normal and legal.
Why can't you read before commenting?
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Lanretoye(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2023
SemperFid:

You be mumu.

What are the falsehood in what that man said, u de talk nonsense.
if na your papa them nominate for minister,he no go collect am?.don't be sour about peoples fortune if you want make e better for you.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by MrFunk(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2023
Oga Senator Ndume. I am a Federal civil servant and I have been working for 12 years now. NEVER, have I received leave allowance, though it is enshrined in the civil service rules. But just as some people receive leave allowance and it is in the public domain, yours should also be out there for people to know what you received as allowances. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Saig: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2023
He is talking about taking drastic measures against Akpabio for exposing them. That's because Nigerians have not taken drastic measures against them thieving heartless people. Nigerians will rise one day

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by lexyclasy: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
What is bad about transparency, so Ndume want to collect and clean mouth as usual, and be lying to his supporters no money, government is hard, abeg spare me the brunt, Ndume is selfish he should let his aides enjoy it too.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Tennites(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Every citizen ought to queue behind Akpabio and support him as he continue to tell us the workings of the secret Senate but no, politicians will use some of you to castigate him and remove him from office so that the Senate can go on with it's secret corruption.

Truth is bitter, Akpabio didn't see anything wrong about Nigerians knowing how much Senators earn, maybe Senators' wives are complaining that their husbands are not taking care of them, always saying there is no money but now let's see how those Senators will spend that 2million on their mistresses without the wives having their share 😂

On a serious note, Akpabio is a street man, an open cheque, he is not a product of the dirty, corrupt political cabals of this country who will chop us to death and clean mouth. He was the one that started the transformation of Akwa Ibom state, go and verify! Citizens should support him to remain Senate President. I know someone like Orji Uzor Kalu is lurking around to grab it, snatch that Senate Presidency from Akpabio and run with it.

Nigerians be wise! Niger-Deltans stay at alert! Don't let the 'three big thieves' of Nigeria politics gang up against your own and remove him as the Senate President. Remember all what they did against President Jonathan just because he is not among the 'three big thieves' of Nigeria politics.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by frog12: 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
so nigerians now like akpabio grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari / 27,000 Nasarawa APC, PDP Members Defect To LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.