Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter (2984 Views)

Federal Govt Starts Distribution Of Palliatives To States / Insecurity: Killings, Destructions In North Going Out Of Hand, Elders Cry Out / Aisha Buhari: Things Getting Out Of Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Biodun556(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2023

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Administration1: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
But it's useless sha

1 Like

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Biodun556(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
How true is this?
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by FutureRecord: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
Administration1:
But it's useless sha
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by FutureRecord: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
Biodun556:
How true is this?
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Putinofrussia: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
Great
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BoldBrainz(m): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Biodun556:
How true is this?

It's true. A friend got one quite recently. Don't know how it works though.

1 Like

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by FutureRecord: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Alchemy528: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
Alright
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Pepperdemisback: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
It is here at Lekki since with a recharge card in the pack. Just like Dstv decoder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by FutureRecord: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
Pepperdemisback:
It is here at Lekki since with a recharge card in the pack. Just like Dstv decoder.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by astonished: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
Na WA ooo

This is just CIU (Customer Interface Unit) that's mean for recharge token number giving to you when you buy/pay for power unit.

It's not the main prepared meter, the prepared meter is outside, while this unit can communicate with the prepared meter install outside, just like you use your TV remote control to control your television.

It's common hear in Lagos, I have one here, more than a year now

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by ChronicGp(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
Oga na dis one dey for North since 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by CannibalTorment: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is amazing, I saw them in Liberia, jem
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by CannibalTorment: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
BoldBrainz:

it is simple to use, you can check how much is left on the meter, you can how many kilowatts you are using to predict how long the kilowatts you bought will take you, the meter will start blinking blue, then red when you are about to finish the kilowatts, it can't be stolen and used

1 Like

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Pedrocross4568(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
astonished:
Na WA ooo

This is just CIU (Customer Interface Unit) that's mean for recharge token number giving to you when you buy/pay for power unit.

It's not the main prepared meter, the prepared meter is outside, while this unit can communicate with the prepared meter install outside, just like you use your TV remote control to control your television.

It's common hear in Lagos, I have one here, more than a year now

Bros I tired for op I swear. Something that has be around for years. How on earth is that even a meter?

7 Likes

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BoldBrainz(m): 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
CannibalTorment:
it is simple to use, you can check how much is left on the meter, you can how many kilowatts you are using to predict how long the kilowatts you bought will take you, the meter will start blinking blue, then red when you are about to finish the kilowatts, it can't be stolen and used

Quite informative. Gracias!
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by UcheKingsley1: 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
I use it here in Owerri..
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BiafraAburi: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
Something that has been in use for over 10 years in many other African countries, that is what you cesspitians are celebrating in 2023. Backward set of people. Just google prepaid electricity meters in African countries. Advancing my foot. And they are even so happy. Very slow people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by TheBillyonaire: 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Advancing how?

Been using the handheld for many years.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by jmoore(m): 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is a false information.

There is nothing like handheld prepaid metre.

Secondly, it is CIU, not ICU. CIU, Customer Interface Unit is what the customer uses to communicate with the metre. The CIU is not a metre.

It is not a new product. We've had this since 2017

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Fashionista01(f): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
I have it and I have been using it to recharge my prepaid meter since over three years.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BreconHills(m): 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
BiafraAburi:
Something that has been in use for over 10 years in many other African countries, that is what you cesspitians are celebrating in 2023. Backward set of people. Just google prepaid electricity meters in African countries. Advancing my foot. And they are even so happy. Very slow people.

It doesn't matter how long it has been in use elsewhere. What matters is whether it is an improvement over the old methods of paying for electricity and monitoring usage.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Ikaeniyan0: 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
BiafraAburi:
It has been in use over here in Lagos for over 10 years too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by correctguy101(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
Advancing bi bawo?

As I complain about Nigeria reach, so I still dey advanced pass some people?

Swit Jewzus, I've been using this thing for long na...

Or is it not the same the boxy thing with buttons and card that those people gave us?

Na wa o, Nigeria just tie people for back when for some planet we dey transfer electricity wirelessly and tirelessly.... cool shocked
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by jamesversion: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
We go fit bypass this meter? grin
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BiafraAburi: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
BreconHills:

It doesn't matter how long it has been in use elsewhere. What matters is whether it is an improvement over the old methods of paying for electricity and monitoring usage.
It should matter. The whole world have left your cesspit behind in the dump. The world is embracing technologies why you cesspitians are embracing backwardness.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by Fashypearl(f): 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
This gadget has been around for sometime now.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BiafraAburi: 9:03pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It has been in use over here in Lagos for over 10 years too
LIAR! From the lagos ibadan expressway gutter propaganda nonsense. Can you show any news report from your cesspit about this prapaid meter ten years ago?
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by madscientist88(m): 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
this thing has been in jos since 2018,we recharge light using digits wirelessly from inside the house,you can also check your remaining credit on the device,it also uses battery,but you must mount a main meter on your pole.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by BreconHills(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
BiafraAburi:

It should matter. The whole world have left your cesspit behind in the dump. The world is embracing technologies why you cesspitians are embracing backwardness.

Hahaha

You are not very exposed. It is either you have not been outside this country or you are outside this country and living in a tribal enclave. If not you would know that technology is not about being cutting edge, it is about what works and what is sustainable in its environment - most bankin g apps in Nigeria are more advanced than Uk or US apps. Why? Because we have fewer ATMs and card acceptance outlets.
Re: PHCH Starts Distribution Of Hand Held Mobile Prepaid Meter by wrench: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
This thing is common in Jos...we've been using it since 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We’re In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home – Kidnappers Tells Victim / Us Senate Declare Opec Illegal / Ibori Trial Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.