Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,742 members, 7,865,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Please At What Age Can A Parent Introduce Business To Their Children? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please At What Age Can A Parent Introduce Business To Their Children? (118 Views)

FMDQ Traders Introduce Cap Bid/offer Spread To N50 In New Forex Trading Changes / Access Bank, Remita Introduce Salary Advance Scheme / Paddy Adenuga: It Is Nice Having Rich Parent, But It's His Money, Not Mine" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please At What Age Can A Parent Introduce Business To Their Children? by Verbtips(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hello
dollar landers
please at what age can a parent introduce business to their children, and do you think it would affect their academics?
please drop your comment
Re: Please At What Age Can A Parent Introduce Business To Their Children? by Fairview1: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
Psychology has it that whatever a child is exposed to before s/he turn eight sticks for life. I would suggest they learn how to count money before they turn eight.

I grew up with an enterprising mother, started counting money before eight. Made my own first money at nine, started paying my school fees at 10, began buying gifts like umbrella, footwears etc for my mother at 10.

At 18, after my secondary education, I chose apprenticeship over university. Established my first thriving business at 25. The rest is history. Now am 30 and, I offer both investment and business advice to hundreds of people across different churches and organisations. 6 is perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please At What Age Can A Parent Introduce Business To Their Children? by Puss360(f): 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Lol... Question we hear here on NL... Lol...
Why should you introduce business to your child?? Society will do dat...
When he grows to know the price of biscuits and sweet... Then he will know money and it's value... And in school when taught addition and subtraction he will put it in practice to know that when given #50 to buy biscuits of #20 he will collect balance of #30....

Isn't that business

If you force it on him, he will know it quite alright, but he will come to love money and undervalue school... And believe that money first....
Re: Please At What Age Can A Parent Introduce Business To Their Children? by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Verbtips:
Hello
dollar landers
please at what age can a parent introduce business to their children, and do you think it would affect their academics?
please drop your comment

I have seen many Igbos who operate provision stores and other such little businesses allow their children as young as 5yrs old and above to attend to their customers.

Others who have big Electronics stores allow their elder children/teens manage them while the parents only supervise.

Once a child can understand some things, he or she can do business.

(1) (Reply)

8 FREE Apps/websites To Share Your Affiliate Links / The Concept Of Transcreation / 24 Banks Lose N9.75b In Q2 2023 As Fraud Rises 277%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.