Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,163 members, 7,845,824 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Surviving And Excelling After Losing Your Job - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Surviving And Excelling After Losing Your Job (605 Views)

Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble / Virgin's Sir Richard Branson Turns Stewardess After Losing Bet / Unbelievable! Man Cheats Death By Surviving 6ft Pole That Pierced 2tru His Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surviving And Excelling After Losing Your Job by mccn2020: 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2011
After graduating from college with a degree in civil engineering, I got my first job working for an oil servicing company in July of 1993. I was told by my fellow workers statements such as this is a life time position, a recession proof job, or you will never be laid off. Unfortunately for me my secure job only lasted two years before I was laid off. After getting over the shock of losing my job, I learned that no job is permanent because management will do what is necessary to keep the company profitable. To make matters worse, the economy of the country is not getting any better. I do not wish even my enemy to have the same haroowing experience like i did.
What is your advise to so many people in paid employment today? Let other benefit that is why am sharing this experience to let you know that no job is entirely secure. Share your experience if any

(1) (Reply)

Bored / Joke? / 10 Reasons You Should Not Support UNILAG Renaming Whether You A Student Or Nots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.