Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Do I Still Need To Learn SQL When I Already Know Python? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do I Still Need To Learn SQL When I Already Know Python? (314 Views)

How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? / Is It A Waste Of Time To Learn Javascript If You Already Know Python? / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Still Need To Learn SQL When I Already Know Python? by thetechbroh: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2023
Knowing Python is valuable, but SQL serves a different purpose.

SQL (Structured Query Language) is used for managing and querying databases, while Python is a general-purpose programming language.

If you work with databases or data analysis, learning SQL can be very beneficial to manipulate and retrieve data efficiently.

Generally, SQL is optional for my students. In fact, it's a separate class all together as what the student may intend doing with python may not require working with database.

If you intend developing web applications with python, I suggest you learn SQL.

If you're just starting out with python programming, I have a gift for you. It's a 30 Days Python study plan. It's absolutely FREE. Specifically designed to make learning python programming less overwhelming.

Follow me on Twitter @thetechbroh

SQL complements your Python skills and can help you work more effectively with databases.

Tech Tips For Today:
Avoid using your birth details for password. It's the easiest to crack.

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Need To Learn SQL When I Already Know Python? by rainlover(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Hamas Drags Israeli Soldiers In Street (video) / How Is Blockchain Job Size In Nigeria? / Make Money Developing Websites For Business Owners, Churches, Schools And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.