Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? (660 Views)

Nigerian Embassy In Germany Fires Guard Over Sex-For-Passport Scandal / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
This country is all kinds of madness and unserious. Why 6 months ?
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by Kenn55: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
sukkot:

Probably to discourage people from traveling or sheer corruption and incompetence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by Nbote(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
sukkot:

It's the massive corruption and passport racketeering in the ministry of Interior and Immigration. They also have express plugs that will fastttack the application and you get it in one or 2 weeks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nbote:

It's the massive corruption and passport racketeering in the ministry of Interior and Immigration. They also have express plugs that will fastttack the application and you get it in one or 2 weeks
how much is the express plug ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kenn55:

Probably to discourage people from traveling or sheer corruption and incompetence
wow. ok. thanks
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by Nbote(m): 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
sukkot:
how much is the express plug ?

Depends on who's helping you process it. I applied last year november/December and got it in March. Before someone told me I could had gotten it in a week. Are you in Abuja?
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by AchrafHakimi: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nbote:

Depends on who's helping you process it. I applied last year november/December and got it in March. Before someone told me I could had gotten it in a week. Are you in Abuja?

Drop the plug.
Others might need it.

I'm tired of this country and Seun Osewa.
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nbote:

oh no Sir I am in lagos. could you throw a number at me , any number, ? 50 thousand naira ? more ? less ?
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by ednut1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
sukkot:
oh no Sir I am in lagos. could you throw a number at me , any number, ? 50 thousand naira ? more ? less ?
what do you need passport for. Stay put. Nigeria needs you 🙄

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by Nbote(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
sukkot:

Roughly around 60k or thereabout then..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nbote:

Roughly around 60k or thereabout then..
ahhh nice one bro. much appreciated
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2023
ednut1:
what do you need passport for. Stay put. Nigeria needs you 🙄
lol i have to legalize my stay here with a passport. i am illegal and trapped here. i need the freedom. as it is i have overstayed my visa by 4 years meaning i will be fined like 2000 dollars if i attempt to leave here. so i am not getting it to japa but i need it for my freedom

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sammirano: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
i WILL WRITE ABOUT THE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE I HAD AT ALIMOSHO OFFICE. THEY SHOULD JUST CANCEL IMMIGRATION IN NIGERIA.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by Goodman247: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Na today you know say Nigeria is a scam,nothing works in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by Iseoluwani: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kenn55:

Both
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by pansophist(m): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Apply from other states (not Lagos), it's faster. Just a month ago, someone got it within a week in Enugu state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by eamodu(m): 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Express plug is available, you get your passport in 48hrs.. Dm if interested .
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by 1Sharon(f): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
sukkot:
lol i have to legalize my stay here with a passport. i am illegal and trapped here. i need the freedom. as it is i have overstayed my visa by 4 years meaning i will be fined like 2000 dollars if i attempt to leave here. so i am not getting it to japa but i need it for my freedom

Lol why didn't you renew it before moving to Nigeria? The passport office in London is a shitshow. I'm certain the one in Nigeria is far worse
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol why didn't you renew it before moving to Nigeria? The passport office in London is a shitshow. I'm certain the one in Nigeria is far worse
oh it’s not a case of renewing. I have never had one before. This is going to be my first ever time and let me tell ya it would be a thing of pride to have that green Pali. Truthfully though the passport office in ikoyi was well organized and efficient. I was very surprised. No delays and the staff were very professional and efficient and the AC in the place was strong. The one in London ? Wasn’t so bad to be honest with you . It’s like you have too high standards lol.
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by 1Sharon(f): 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
sukkot:
oh it’s not a case of renewing. I have never had one before. This is going to be my first ever time and let me tell ya it would be a thing of pride to have that green Pali. Truthfully though the passport office in ikoyi was well organized and efficient. I was very surprised. No delays and the staff were very professional and efficient and the AC in the place was strong. The one in London ? Wasn’t so bad to be honest with you . It’s like you have too high standards lol.

Never owned one?😮 it's much easier if you have it, I'm certain you were scrutinised for having a foreign passport at the airport.

Lol..to renew a British passport, they don't need your presence at all...and it's all done within 2 weeks, Nigeria still has to catch up

I wonder why it's more expensive to own a Nigerian passport than a British one?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Never owned one?😮 it's much easier if you have it, I'm certain you were scrutinised for having a foreign passport at the airport.

Lol..to renew a British passport, they don't need your presence at all...and it's all done within 2 weeks, Nigeria still has to catch up

I wonder why it's more expensive to own a Nigerian passport than a British one?
oh I wasn’t scrutinized at all. It was easy. They just let me sail through but in my defense I was coming in with a white friend so maybe they didn’t want to disgrace themself. They just took one look at the both of us and waved us through. Didn’t even ask for any bribe. The only person I paid in that airport was the trolley guy.

Yeah I don’t know the procedures about renewing a Nigerian passport. Like I said earlier this would be my first one but I reckon if you had connections you can renew it in a day with some bribe lmaoo

I don’t know if a Nigerian passport is more expensive, in fact it is not. If I remember correctly a British passport is like 100 pounds. That’s 120 thousand Naira. A Nigerian passport is 26000 Naira. So the Nigerian passport is five times cheaper
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by 1Sharon(f): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
oh I wasn’t scrutinized at all. It was easy. They just let me sail through but in my defense I was coming in with a white friend so maybe they didn’t want to disgrace themself. They just took one look at the both of us and waved us through. Didn’t even ask for any bribe. The only person I paid in that airport was the
trolley guy.

Yeah I don’t know the procedures about renewing a Nigerian passport. Like I said earlier this would be my first one but I reckon if you had connections you can renew it in a day with some bribe lmaoo

I don’t know if a Nigerian passport is more expensive, in fact it is not. If I remember correctly a British passport is like 100 pounds. That’s 120 thousand Naira. A Nigerian passport is 26000 Naira. So the Nigerian passport is six times cheaper

Hmmm....did I waste my time renewing my passport? But to get a visa would cost more

I thought they strike gold with white people

At the time I renewed my British passport it was about £75, and the Nigerian passport cost me about £250.. obviously it would be cheaper in Nigeria... forgot about that. Still happy I did it here though

How did you open bank accounts and stuff w/o a Nigerian identity? Do you have nin?
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Hmmm....did I waste my time renewing my passport? But to get a visa would cost more

At the time I renewed my British passport it was about £75, and the Nigerian passport cost me about £250.. obviously it would be cheaper in Nigeria... forgot about that. Still happy I did it here though

How did you open bank accounts and stuff w/o a Nigerian identity? Do you have nin?
yeah getting that Nigerian visa was like 160 pounds if I remember correctly so yeah it’s very costly but it’s better that you renewed your passport than having to get a visa all the time to enter naija

Strike gold with white people ? You must be kidding lol. They strike gold with black people. White people don’t take shit. They are very principled. They will just call their embassy on the spot who will then call our government and the custom or immigration guy will be sacked . They don’t mess with white people lol

British passport now is roughly 100 pounds . Oh ok the Nigerian passport is 250 pounds ? You should have done it in Nigeria. Way cheaper

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 12:42am On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

oh they gave me a BVN when they saw my Nigerian visa and with the BVN I opened bank accounts. The NIN is something that happened further down the line. When I came in all they wanted was BVN . The bank, zenith, applied for that for me and gave it to me. Bank verification number

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by 1Sharon(f): 12:57am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
yeah getting that Nigerian visa was like 160 pounds if I remember correctly so yeah it’s very costly but it’s better that you renewed your passport than having to get a visa all the time to enter naija

Strike gold with white people ? You must be kidding lol. They strike gold with black people. White people don’t take shit. They are very principled. They will just call their embassy on the spot who will then call our government and the custom or immigration guy will be sacked . They don’t mess with white people lol

British passport now is roughly 100 pounds . Oh ok the Nigerian passport is 250 pounds ? You should have done it in Nigeria. Way cheaper

Lol 🤣 but black people with dual citizenship can also call on the embassy, no?

Nope. I don't want to be bothered with paperwork in Nigeria, I just want my visit to be as stress free as possible if I'm going for a holiday
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by 1Sharon(f): 1:00am On Aug 23, 2023
sukkot:
oh they gave me a BVN when they saw my Nigerian visa and with the BVN I opened bank accounts. The NIN is something that happened further down the line. When I came in all they wanted was BVN . The bank, zenith, applied for that for me and gave it to me. Bank verification number

Oh I see..i guess it depends what kind of visa you have, but I'm surprised someone on a visa can open an account. It seems like a lax in security
Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 1:14am On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Oh I see..i guess it depends what kind of visa you have, but I'm surprised someone on a visa can open an account. It seems like a lax in security
oh no it’s how it’s done all over the world . You think our kleptocrats who hide moneys in every bank all over the world have citizenship to those countries ? 😄😄

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ? by sukkot: 1:27am On Aug 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol 🤣 but black people with dual citizenship can also call on the embassy, no?

Nope. I don't want to be bothered with paperwork in Nigeria, I just want my visit to be as stress free as possible if I'm going for a holiday
lol yes you can but it’s a mentality. Can you be bothered to be dragging upanda with immigra? And be calling embassy and they will say ok we would send someone over in like 5 hours time etc etc and then you will have to sit and wait for 5 hours etc etc when you can just give the idiot 5 pounds and be out lol. It’s a mindset. Oyinbo have that it’s my right mindset so they will drag with you for hours if need be. So these guys don’t even bother to extort them.

Trust me a trip to the passport office will be part of your naija adventure and sightseeing. It’s fun. And with a bribe of 50k you will get it on the spot. As opposed to 250 pounds. Buttttt 250 can be chicken change if you are getting it like that so I get it. It’s all about convenience. 250 is not too much to pay for your convenience llol

(1) (Reply)

What European Country Can 4M Take One To / Has Anyone Win From Dv-2010 ? / Earthquake Kills 174 In S/pacific, Indonesiaearthquake Kills 174 In S/pacific, I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.