Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour (29405 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Ganduje, APC National Chairman (Pictures) / PDP Puts Jonathan’s Picture In Programme Booklet Amid Defection Rumours / PDP Leaders Meet Goodluck Jonathan Amid Defection Rumour (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Racoon(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Former governor of Rivers State and a Minister designate, Nyesom Wike, visited the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Abdullahi Umar Gnaduje, in Abuja, on Tuesday.

Wike, who worked against the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in the 2023 election, has repeatedly denied plotting to join the ruling party.

“I am not a member of APC and will not be. But, they have made me recognise that they are the heroes of this country. APC governors came out to say for the unity of this country, the presidency should go to the south,” he once said while dismissing the rumor.

But during a thanksgiving service organised in his honour shortly after he handed over power in Rivers, Governor Simi Fubara asked Wike not to abandon him if he ends up in the ruling party.

“While we are seeing sign that it’s like you want to go over to the other side with everybody wishing that, please don’t be too far from me because I know that the sharks, the tigers are really around looking for what to hurt. So, being around would continue to guide and put my head straight for the purpose of this state,” Fubara had said.

Speculations of him dumping the opposition party gained momentum after he made President Bola Tinubu’s cabinet. PDP leaders had expressed displeasure over this and mulled the move to sanction the former Rivers governor.

Shortly before the senate confirmed him as a minister, Wike told BBC Pidgin why he had been hobnobbing with APC chieftains.

The former governor, who had earlier used the illustration of malaria and cancer to dismiss speculations that he was on the way to the ruling party, gave clarification. Earlier when asked if he was thinking of dumping the PDP in the heat of the face-off with Atiku, Wike had said, “I get malaria, na cancer I dey find?”

However, defending his recent moves, including making to Tinubu’s cabinet, the former governor said while someone can die of Malaria, a person with cancer can get healed if has the opportunity of meeting a better doctor.

“If someone gets cancer, and he meets a better doctor, won’t he get a better treatment? And, if a patient has an ordinary malaria without a proper care, won’t he die with the malaria? Are you not aware that malaria kills people?

“And what is my concern if someone that has cancer is taken to a good hospital and meets a good doctor and gets healed? That’s just the truth [about the two parties].”
https://dailytrust.com/breaking-wike-visits-ganduje-amid-defection-rumour/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Racoon(m): 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Concern is how shameless an average Nigerian politician can be. Imagine a despicable criminal like Gandollar becoming the nation Chairman of the ruling government party @ the centre and politicians are now romancing him openly. Anyim Pium and now Wike. Chai!

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Racoon(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
To be honest, making Dr. Ganduje National Chairman of APC is the first disturbing signal. Many party members are yet to recover from that shock.

With all the uncleared corruption allegation against Dr. Ganduje, you opted to nominate him to become the National Chairman of the party, it was scandalous that you will opt for Dr. Ganduje with all the baggage of corruption allegation against him. 

Afamed, Sarrki, Omenka, Seunmsg, and NgeneUkwenu

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Taylor90: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
We initially gave Amaechi Judas of Ubima

Till Wike took that position from him

Carry flyover full everywhere for PH yet no single street light

No empowerment or job creation

Amaechi was even better that he employed 13,500 teachers at least most of my guys got the job

Wike came and did nothing rather carried our money to Tambuwal and Ortom

Go to wimpey all his community brothers dey Ogboni

The other day I was passing and saw SARS chased one of Wikes cousin enter Wikes family house for wimpey say the guy na yahoo guy

Judas of Obio Akpor

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by gaby(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Na these cursed thieves wey dey after their personal stomachs una dey rest una hopes of a better Nigeria on?

Make una wake up from that slumber disguised as a dream abeg.

The raving bulldog Wike won't even last a year in APC. Bookmark this and revert when it happens.

Wike wey we all know go come dey answer Gandollar, yes sir? From where to where?

Na the person wey go bury APC dem bring on board so. Akpabio still dey learn work as a comedian..

Everything is falling around...yakataaaa

Dangote, abeg help me give bwoda Batolomeeeww one trailer of cement to take build Nigeria and send me your account details.

BATooo, I no wan hear story again oh...oya, continue building..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Davinity: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
You have to be a thieving politician to earn yourself relevance in APC

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by kestolove95(m): 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wike dry deal with PDP ND iyamiri people back to back

6 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Osijan: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Politics eeh

1 Like

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by westlius(m): 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
From malaria to cancer loading

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by fuckJones(f): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
bad day for ipob handle mop

10 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Kukutente23: 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
When will Wike start wearing the chain cap
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by fuckJones(f): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Racoon:
Concern is how shameless how average Nigerian politician can be. Imagine a despicable criminal like Gandollar becoming the nation Chairman of the ruling government party @ the centre and politicians are now romancing him openly. Anyim Pium and now Wike. Chai!
ifeanyi stop masturbating, is not good for your health

14 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by fuckJones(f): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
Davinity:
You have to be a thieving politician to earn yourself relevance in APC
there is no apc member that they deport from UK like obi, obi is a deportee

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Maxymilliano(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good riddance

1 Like

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Osariemen12: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good for him and the party he is leaving.
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by omniwater: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wike for minister of defence.

The eagle has landed!

3 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by nkemoma(m): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wicked Wike

The shameless goblin

1 Like

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by atobs4real(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
You are most welcome.
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Mummyfour(f): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
Trust Nigerian politicians at your own peril.
No ideologies.
Just jumping from party to party like prostitutes

1 Like

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by atobs4real(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
You are most welcome.
Your enemies will not like it

2 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by AntiChristian: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
WICKED WIKE!

AS HE DEY PAIN DM....

1 Like

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by mrjoeblinks: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ehen?
Whatever rocks your boat man
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by CoronaVirusPro: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wike!

The political god that slayed Peter and Atiku in one go!

4 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Ola9ja23: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
The slayer of IPOB

7 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Flamengo: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Fresh kid on d block.
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by zinosleek(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wike is one unpredictable politician. He may just be taunting PDP.

But I will not be surprised if he moves. He is practically done with PdP

5 Likes

Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by TarantinoEl: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Na so
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by sunnnnyuu(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Racoon:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-wike-visits-ganduje-amid-defection-rumour/
The agents of devil, that don't want us to leave peacefully, southern criminal visit his Northern colleague in crime
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by Benresmy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Better carma go soon hit Wike.

2 face man
Re: Wike Visits Ganduje Amid Defection Rumour by orohbiro(f): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nice one wike

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Replies Tambuwal / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / Naira, Petrol Hoarders Plotting Interim Government, Tinubu Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.