Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? (30152 Views)

ELECTRICAL(CONDUIT&FITTINGS),CCTV, AUDIO SYSTEM, VIDEO DOORBELL & ELECTRIC FENCE / Electrical Piping Both Surface And Conduit / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DesChyko: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
edlion57 MilesLamar HORLADYaustano1234 nairalanda1 soccerlite maclatunji maxiuc Osanoghodua1 zeyt saintneo egbedox akpumping7720 Fixed BoldBrainz Torpman nextstep eneyoduke otoworostephen Babamide mokset123 Tolupage gasparpisciotta iLoveYouToo sonofsteven MztaIkp abuhusna1 Teenaira Akharmony treatise

Thank you so much for taking your time to explain the scenario to me. It makes sense that they are concerned about something like that.

The kind of meter installed those years are those with the keypad for entering tokens on the meter itself so it can't be installed out of reach. And it's puzzling to me since they oversaw the electrification of this place. The insistence on prepaid meters from Day 1 was to avoid NEPA issues.

I'll just pull out the wires and run them on the surface. Even if we have an agreement, it may take a change of manager and we're back to square 1. That 'visiting their office' option smells of probable extortion. I see what few of my neighbours undergo with them and I want no part in those.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by edlion57(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
LordReed:

That's strange. I have my supply wire underground and embedded in the wall, at no time has any AEDC official expressed any concern. Not even when they had to dig out the armored cable.
that they haven't ,doesn't mean u have the right, or that u are right to hide their supply before metering.u are not to temper with their cables before it gets to the meter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Oxtertee(m): 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
So bypassing they pain them right, but they justify estimated billing for postpaid meters. Bringing crazy bill without supplying electricity for weeks, it's even worse with ibedc.

Nonsensical set of people

I wrote letter of complaint tire to their olororo business unit, claiming our building is a commercial building coz we had a shop attached to the house, even thou the shop is not occupied neither connected to the house meter.

Nigeria and double standard. undecided undecided undecided
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DesChyko: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
wisz1:
Op,I have gone through your post and comments from my fellow Nlanders.

Firstly I would like to correct some few postulations;

1.The conduit pipe was not constructed simply to by-pass some energy or for the purpose of energy theft. It's just an old way of connection,a means provided for passing electricity wire from the pole to the meter board. There are no way the wire can be bypassed because the conduit pipe was done during decking of the building.

Modern build follows the new trend of electrical installation by providing a mini power house or power board for all electrical connections.

Op,just go to the office address given to you for them to correct it or use a certified electrician to correct it by running the wire via surface to the meter where it will be seen easily by everybody.

To be honest, I wondered how possible it was to bypass via concrete decking but I want to believe they must have seen it somewhere. I will just run it on the surface abeg. I no get EKEDC people power.

1 Like

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Agromuda(m): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
There is no need of breaking the wall, get a new wire and run it as surface from pole to meter. Essence is to monitor energy theft/bypass

1 Like

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DesChyko: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
molas02:
I bet it with my life ... U have been using illegal connection since 14years ago... By calculation u will be owning upto half a million

I reject it for you, my brother. Even if you don't have dependents, you have a future role to play in your immediate society.😁
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Housing(m): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
They are right the connection from the pole should enter the meter first before distribution.

And to do the correction as instructed doesn't require breaking any wall not concrete. An good electrician should be able to do that easily.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by wisz1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2023
DesChyko:

To be honest, I wondered how possible it was to bypass via concrete decking but I want to believe they must have seen it somewhere. I will just run it on the surface abeg. I no get EKEDC people power.

Yes,just do a surface wiring ,also ensure that all joints are properly taped,remove any wire not in used.

Lastly,use a certified electrician to ensure the connections are done to EKEDC STANDARD.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Gorgeous1guy(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Breaking the wall will definitely affect the integrity of your building as shown in the pic.
The other option is for you to disconnect the wires at the point where they entered (pic 2) the concrete building then go reconnect them at the other point where it enters the meter (pic3).
There is no way on earth they will ever believe you didn't bypass the meter.

My honest advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
DesChyko:

Thank you so much for taking your time to explain the scenario to me. It makes sense that they are concerned about something like that.

The kind of meter installed those years are those with the keypad for entering tokens on the meter itself so it can't be installed out of reach. And it's puzzling to me since they oversaw the electrification of this place. The insistence on prepaid meters from Day 1 was to avoid NEPA issues.

I'll just pull out the wires and run them on the surface. Even if we have an agreement, it may take a change of manager and we're back to square 1. That 'visiting their office' option smells of probable extortion. I see what few of my neighbours undergo with them and I want no part in those.

Fine choice.
Have a good one!
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Undisputed147: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
That is what many houses do. They like to bypass smiley
edlion57:
They are right ,u can only hide ur output cables not the input cables going to the meter,their fear is that u might tap/bypass the power/supply before it gets to the meter.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by pikechukwu6(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2023
Oga how long will continue to cheat them...free light always what you really do and your time is up grin grin grin grin
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by windvane(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
edlion57:
They are right ,u can only hide ur output cables not the input cables going to the meter,their fear is that u might tap/bypass the power/supply before it gets to the meter.
They did same to my house in lagos.....I took the wire underground,I had to buy new wires
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by nedekid: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Either you pull it out or you get the new type that is installed on the Nepa pole.
Guess removing it from the wall will be cheaper for you.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Bright2(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
Sorry ,may be your monthly consumption was like 10k and it later dropped to 1.5k irrespective of the increments in tarriff and when they came to investigate the decline in monthly sum up , it happened that you did not even travel, you were around using the said meter as before which raised the suspicion. Oga sir , that prepaid meter was linked to the server in their office and it's thus server that came up with this analysis. What ever the case may be, it wasn't sudden, the server do run checks of 3months and above before it raised a red signal on that meter number. There's no need going to their office as it won't change anything, do run the cable surface . I believed there was a sabotage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by sirray001: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
DenreleDave:
Typical Nigerian modelled after the their leaders..

You have probably done some illegal connection or bypass some things but typical Nigerians, go online and abuse our leaders of corruption then go back to their own dormitory to engage in such act too..

Oga comot everything and pay for your light...

Barawo...... angry angry angry angry

Leaders corrupt
Citizens corrupt
Leaders of tomorrow, already corrupt

OP, if this is not your house, pass my message to your Landlord/ caretaker

Haaaaaaaaaa, Nigeria angry angry angry angry angry angry
The citizens learnt corruption from their leaders. If the head is bad, the tail will be bad as well. Nigeria leaders are bad examples
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DenreleDave(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
sirray001:
The citizens learnt corruption from their leaders. If the head is bad, the tail will be bad as well. Nigeria leaders are bad examples

Oh, I don't know Nigeria has been importing leaders from Russia, north Korea and so on?

Please tell me more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
DesChyko:
I'll like anyone with insight or experience on why this demand was made to let me know if this is standard practice.

These pair of prepaid meters has been installed since 2009 (14 years ago) and the house was built with conduit wiring. The wire bearing the supply from the electric poles entered the building as shown below and exits where the meters and junction boxes for each flats are installed (pictures shown below).

It was quite surprising when I came home today to meet this 'Disconnection Order' from EKEDC, asking that the wires be pulled out off the wall within 48 hours to avoid disconnection (or visit their office at Isashi).

I'd like to know if anyone has had this experience before and what the reason for such order is as I do not think conduit wiring is outlawed by them before now..or has it been outlawed?

Note that there is no contact email or phone number on the order and my primary concern is how breaking the walls if necessary might affect the structural integrity of the building. I'll appreciate any rapid response to this.

Thanks in advance.

Pic 1: The order: Meter No(Yellow), Home Address (Blue).
Pic 2: Entry point of wires
Pic 3: Exit point of wires
Pic 4: Remarks on order

The easiest way out is transfer the meter to the front before the wire enters the conduit

Reposition the meter to the front, let the supply wire enter the meters and from the meter enter the conduit pipe in the wall
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Chibuzoripob: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
angry
otoworostephen:
They're very right on this and it is not applicable to only EKDC but all meter users anywhere...

The fear is that meter can easily be bypassed.

Meanwhile, what dey don't know is that professional Electricians like myself can successfully bypass the meter be it outside or inside...

Contact me to bypass your meters in Lagos and it's environs. otoworostephen@gmail.com
Nah all of una police go carty
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Dirtydog: 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
molas02:
I bet it with my life ... U have been using illegal connection since 14years ago... By calculation u will be owning upto half a million
Lmao
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Digitalwitch: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Torpman:
I work with EKEDC as an enumerator, the reason why you were given that disconnection order is because of the common practices of some customers bypassing their meter through those medium. It's very easy for a customer to tap from the wires in the condict without anyone knowing
Can you explain why your counterpart fight tooth and nail to supply electricity during the period of disconnection event though it rains cat and dog or there is thunder storm?
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Topeokuns: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hi guys

I applied for a remark, max the other sections, and got 6.5 in writing. I received a mail today without stating if the results changed or if it's still the same.
It only stated that they have received the outcome of the Eor, and TRF is available for collection, without any attachment. Mod/idp

Please I need clarity.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by edlion57(m): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
DesChyko:

I'm so happy u get the point ,going to their office should be avoided.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by danigbo(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
What are you afraid of if you are innocent ?
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by phemmyfour: 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
DesChyko:
I'll like anyone with insight or experience on why this demand was made to let me know if this is standard practice.

These pair of prepaid meters has been installed since 2009 (14 years ago) and the house was built with conduit wiring. The wire bearing the supply from the electric poles entered the building as shown below and exits where the meters and junction boxes for each flats are installed (pictures shown below).

It was quite surprising when I came home today to meet this 'Disconnection Order' from EKEDC, asking that the wires be pulled out off the wall within 48 hours to avoid disconnection (or visit their office at Isashi).

I'd like to know if anyone has had this experience before and what the reason for such order is as I do not think conduit wiring is outlawed by them before now..or has it been outlawed?

Note that there is no contact email or phone number on the order and my primary concern is how breaking the walls if necessary might affect the structural integrity of the building. I'll appreciate any rapid response to this.

Thanks in advance.

Make the incoming cables visible
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by Advancedman(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2023
DesChyko:

Thanks in advance.

They are mad, Nigeria dealers are such a colossal disgrace.
Every government worker do not act objectively and intellectually on Oga at the top has said.
The aim is to prevent energy theft, all they need is to get their certified technician around such location to work with the building on how to run the Loads to a plain sight where the prepaid meter can be installed to meet their standard of installation "sensibly" as a norm.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by BALLOSKI: 1:45am On Aug 16, 2023
DesChyko:

Thanks in advance.

They're suspecting you of external bypass. Make sure the incoming wires are seen from the pole going into the meter.

1 Like

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by BALLOSKI: 2:07am On Aug 16, 2023
DesChyko:

Nobody would take a dime from you except you give them. There's a need to refer you to an area office on the notice, hence the indication. If you bring the wire out, he'd come and see the proper thing done, it quashes the order. Don't do it alone without them, because you might want to remove the incoming wires from the meter terminal, pull out of the wall and reconnect it back - opening the terminal cover might set the meter into "temper" and would spell a bigger problem for you with them.

From your description, you have that second generation Conlog meter. Have they started KRN or digital upgrade in your place?
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by DJInfluence: 2:20am On Aug 16, 2023
DenreleDave:
Typical Nigerian modelled after the their leaders..

You have probably done some illegal connection or bypass some things but typical Nigerians, go online and abuse our leaders of corruption then go back to their own dormitory to engage in such act too..

Oga comot everything and pay for your light...

Barawo...... angry angry angry angry

Leaders corrupt
Citizens corrupt
Leaders of tomorrow, already corrupt

OP, if this is not your house, pass my message to your Landlord/ caretaker

Haaaaaaaaaa, Nigeria angry angry angry angry angry angry
guess it's also typical of Nigerians to jump to conclusions.
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by highoctane: 2:45am On Aug 16, 2023
Say bye bye to EKEDC, or any other.

Stop the insult, talk to us @ Greenify Solar Energy Nig
Lagos ,Port Harcourt

Go Solar, No monthly bills, Noise No! Fuelling No! Little to Zero maintenance cost

Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by sirray001: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2023
DenreleDave:

Oh, I don't know Nigeria has been importing leaders from Russia, north Korea and so on?

Please tell me more

ode ewure. Your response has no meaning
Re: EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? by HenryWilliams(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2023
otoworostephen:
They're very right on this and it is not applicable to only EKDC but all meter users anywhere...

The fear is that meter can easily be bypassed.

Meanwhile, what dey don't know is that professional Electricians like myself can successfully bypass the meter be it outside or inside...

Contact me to bypass your meters in Lagos and it's environs. otoworostephen@gmail.com

Contact him and the NEPA people will use you for monthly payments after he snitches on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper / Novare Tenants Get 4-Month Free Rent In Abuja And Lagos / Bitter Experience Of A Landlord Whose Tenants Refused To Pay 3 Yrs Rent Or Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.