Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others (4530 Views)

Rivers Rerun: INEC Favouring APC, PDP Alleges. / Gej Denies Statement Credited To Him. / ACF Has Gone Mad Accuses Inec Of Favouring South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by ak47mann(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
since national assemble approved FIB journalist grew wings,they have been using lies and in sighting hatred in their papers for the past 43 yrs brain washing their people making them believe they are born to rule same as some SW papers. lairs and crooks
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by goggs(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
I read the report on the Daily Trust and what the paper was alleging was that within some months, the FEC approved 86% more projects for the Niger Delta than any other region. The paper goofed for the following reasons:

(I) The paper quoted just a section of the year for effect

(II) Memos for contract awards are prepared by the ministries and parastatals and not GEJ. So if the Min of Niger Delta and NNDC submitted memos for awards then they worked harder than other ministries in getting their projects considered

(III)If daily Trust had complained of the BUDGET ALLOCATIONS, then their arguments could be valid. Other parts of the country had allocations and have Ministers from all over the country, how come they didn't work hard enough to present their memos to the FEC

(IV) We are aware of other Federal Government projects ongoing in other parts of the Federation, how come they didn't factor that in their reporting.

I think the information was manipulated to portray the GEJ in bad light. Its not as though he hasn't goofed this while. But If he is wrong, lets honestly say so and not twist facts to do that
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by BetaThings: 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2011
haka_nai:

what of. the nation newspaper about the Obasanjo letters and the other lies about different reports.Na today!!!! Anyway the only thing i can say is people should start taking media houses to court to get cash o!That issue of libel!

The Nation say they stand by their story. Meaning they are telling the truth
If Obasanjo didn't write that letter, he would have gone to court like he promised
Sending thugs in uniform to go and raid newspaper offices is also a criminal act

ak47mann:

since national assemble approved FIB journalist grew wings,they have been using lies and in sighting hatred in their papers for the past 43 yrs brain washing their people making  them believe they are born to rule same as some SW papers. lairs and crooks

Proof. You are just saying this because your man is at the receiving end
What you want is a police state.
We would not have it
Did News, Tempo etc allow Abacha peace? No

FIB has not even been tested
Let Abati give us the full information - how much was approved month by month, state by state since Pres Jonathan took over
That is the only way we can know the truth
As for now, I stand by the story of daily Trust
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2011
stupiddddddddddddd Daily Trust angry angry angry
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by Nymphnode(m): 5:57am On Oct 14, 2011
Bialegend:

So what if he favors Niger Delta? Didn't abokis up north do the same? Nonsense!!
Abi o, charity should begin at home
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by kabba7(m): 6:46am On Oct 14, 2011
grin What remains for Abati to do now is tell if this projects were initiated by Yar Adua in ND and are ongoing why did GEJ attempted to cancelled the river niger work the same Yar Adua awarded and actually tried to divert the money to his bayelsa state. He will also do well to tell what he GEJ has initiated or has he being sleeping on Yar Adua,s efforts. By the way is the source of this story noty a federal government agency?
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by kabba7(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2011
grin What remains for Abati to do now is tell if this projects were initiated by Yar Adua in ND and are ongoing why did GEJ attempted to cancelled the river niger work the same Yar Adua awarded and actually tried to divert the money to his bayelsa state. He will also do well to tell what he GEJ has initiated or has he being sleeping on Yar Adua,s efforts.                By the way is the source of this story noty a federal government agency?
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by EkoIle1: 7:04am On Oct 14, 2011
goggs:

I read the report on the Daily Trust and what the paper was alleging was that within some months, the FEC approved 86% more projects for the Niger Delta than any other region. The paper goofed for the following reasons:

(I) The paper quoted just a section of the year for effect

(II) Memos for contract awards are prepared by the ministries and parastatals and not GEJ. So if the Min of Niger Delta and NNDC submitted memos for awards then they worked harder than other ministries in getting their projects considered[b][color=Black]

(III)If daily Trust had complained of the BUDGET ALLOCATIONS, then their arguments could be valid. Other parts of the country had allocations and have Ministers from all over the country, how come they didn't work hard enough to present their memos to the FEC
[/b]

(IV) We are aware of other Federal Government projects ongoing in other parts of the Federation, how come they didn't factor that in their reporting.

I think the information was manipulated to portray the GEJ in bad light. Its not as though he hasn't goofed this while. But If he is wrong, lets honestly say so and not twist facts to do that[/color]

Though this is nothing but one on your re-tarded nonsense, but where is the prudence, sense and wisdom in denying the rest of the country just because according to your silly logic, they didn't fight hard enough? Is this the new criteria for spreading developments all over Nigeria?

You are trying too hard to sound ridiculous and misguided.
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by goggs(m): 7:43am On Oct 14, 2011
@Eko Ile

stop embarrassing yourself and read my post carefully. maybe you are still in school and don't know how government works. let me educate you.

ministers implement the capital budget through the procurement act. this act requires them to initiate and manage the procurement process from advert to recommendaction of contracts foe the consideration of FEC. Its a long task and, for large projects, complex.Ministers are to midwife this process. Those who are not proactive may be slow, or those who didn't follow due process may have it stalled at the BPP (bureau for public procurement) hence their projects can't get considered early at FEC. being a minister and running a ministry is hard work that is why its critical to appointed dedicated people not jobbers. its why some succeed while others dont. So when I say ministers need to work hard its exactly what should happen. No project can get considered without passing through ministers cos that's what they do. Some may be quicker than others in getting things done. If at the end of the day some didn't work hard enough as to cause a slow down in government business, the president has the duty to have them replaced.

so you, my friend, don't know how its done. Don't expose yourself by insulting others and erasing doubts about your personality.

Its easier to comment without insulting others.
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by Wokeyim(f): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2011
Better he favors Niger-Delta than only his pocket sef.
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by hildaa(f): 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
what do they want him to do
Re: GEJ Denies Favouring Niger-Delta Zone Over Others by Gbenge77(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
Of course he wouldnt admit it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Our Policemen Are Mercenaries –tsav / Kidnappings, Insecurity & Terrorism Challenges In Nigeria And Recommendations / Presidency Disowns Australian Boko Haram Negotiator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.