Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,447 members, 7,830,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria (15402 Views)

Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note / CBN Denies Plan To Stop Sale Of FOREX To Banks / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by kushe: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jay16:
Leaving Nigeria will be the end of Guinness.

One state consumption of Guinness product in Nigeria is more than some countries.

Just like multi choice leaving Nigeria

Big fat lie.
I know we are a patriotic people,but let us stop deceiving ourselves. There is quality numbers and quantity numbers. Nigeria is majorly quantity which makes it easier for foreign investors to take flight whenever the figures don't make sense.
It is easier for the European and Americans to leave because their business models run on quick entry and exit. The Chinese and the Indians however will remain because they understand the quantity market and besides,they are playing the long game.
Google Diageo and look at their numbers,then Google the value of your annual oil exports. We talk big in naija but in the grand scheme of things we are tinyyyyy.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Chetas81(m): 12:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
mariahAngel:
Of course, they won't.
Nigeria is a big market for them.

They dare not leave, and still want to sell us their products like GSK did.
You can't take away your jobs, but still want to sell to us your products.

Economy bad no mean say Nigerians no go drink again.
of course drunkers always think of bottles
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Chetas81(m): 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
triple996:
Make them de go. Na south south people go feel am pass grin
of course nobody deal with unserious nation like Nigeria, and her citizen
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Chetas81(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see them leaving beg the end of this year.

This I have seen.
your own prophet always see negative
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Henz81: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
fuckJones:
obi is the one praying for them to leave so he can sell his products
Tinubu is chasing our investors out of Nijja. Nawa oo this yeye government know go kill us.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by fuckJones(f): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Henz81:
Tinubu is chasing our investors out of Nijja. Nawa oo this yeye government know go kill us.
tinubu Lagos attracted more investors in Nigeria than obi Anambra state, true or false
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Yankee101: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Na so dem go talk b4 dem run go Ghana or Lome

No serious development can happen in nigeria when your prices and currency keep going up and down like seesaw
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigeria Breweries says Hi....indigenous producer of beer.

That's what happens when you refine fuel at N600 and sell it at N195 for years...domestic refining becomes unattractive, and importing becomes more attractive.
How many Naigerians buys from Naigerian breweries? grin and why worry about losing employments by Guinness? Naigerian breweries will employ those who would lose their jobs, Naigerian breweries will also produce enough for the Naigerian market i guess. grin therefor don't by any other beer. Would Naigerian breweries also produce Guinness? Which a large number of Naigerians consume. Inshort, people should only buy beer produced by Naigerian breweries, they shouldn't have the choice of consuming Guinness. cheesy

Exactly, who da hell does that in a bussiness? Sell below cost price? especially when the raw material are abundant at your backyard. grin it is ironically bizzare as i ve said previously.

Did you know that Qatar is an oil rich country? and the Qataris pays very cheap for petrol in Qatar. One wonders undecided how they managed to keep the price of petrol very low for their citizens.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by fmlala: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
Na dem dey spread the fake info to set the masses against the government
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2023
kushe:

Big fat lie.
I know we are a patriotic people,but let us stop deceiving ourselves. There is quality numbers and quantity numbers. Nigeria is majorly quantity which makes it easier for foreign investors to take flight whenever the figures don't make sense.
It is easier for the European and Americans to leave because their business models run on quick entry and exit. The Chinese and the Indians however will remain because they understand the quantity market and besides,they are playing the long game.
Google Diageo and look at their numbers,then Google the value of your annual oil exports. We talk big in naija but in the grand scheme of things we are tinyyyyy.
Don't mind the ignoramuses. grin consolling themselves in denial.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by kushe: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
My honest opinion is that this government doesn't have a watertight response to a failing economy and it is so sad because I thought this man was ready for the job.
Brace up Nigeria.,the road ahead is quite bumpy and the driver no sabi road plus visibility is poor cause night Don reach.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2023
Can they leave before? They are stuck here, we pin in this Agbado administration.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by MrLankeeee(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
mariahAngel:
Of course, they won't.
Nigeria is a big market for them.

They dare not leave, and still want to sell us their products like GSK did.
You can't take away your jobs, but still want to sell to us your products.

Economy bad no mean say Nigerians no go drink again.

Who drink na him wise oooo
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Diego35M: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Zonefree:
Na so ShopRite take deny until they japa cool
shoprite no dey naija again?
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by officialfestus(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
Na them sabi.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by eepeepook: 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
The situation in Nigeria is hard. I wouldn't blame any company planning on relocating. They are free to go. The only seamless ventures in this environment are oil production and agriculture.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
How many Naigerians buys from Naigerian breweries? grin and why worry about losing employments by Guinness? Naigerian breweries will employ those who would lose their jobs, Naigerian breweries will also produce enough for the Naigerian market i guess. grin therefor don't by any other beer. Would Naigerian breweries also produce Guinness? Which a large number of Naigerians consume. Inshort, people should only buy beer produced by Naigerian breweries, they shouldn't have the choice of consuming Guinness. cheesy

Consumers of products like Star Beer and Maltina are probably in the millions....

Exactly, who da hell does that in a bussiness? Sell below cost price? especially when the raw material are abundant at your backyard. grin it is ironically bizzare as i ve said previously.

Like I ever suggested anyone sell below cost price.

Did you know that Qatar is an oil rich country? and the Qataris pays very cheap for petrol in Qatar. One wonders undecided how they managed to keep the price of petrol very low for their citizens.
[/quote]

Well, considering Qatar produces just as much oil as we do....AND our populaiton is some 100 times theirs...they would have more money.

Much more money per person.

THAT IS WHY...Nigeria has to stop relying on oil, and get a government that would take us down the road to either being an industrial exporter, or we export more and more raw materials apart from oil, and jumpstart our agric production.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

Consumers of products like Star Beer and Maltina are probably in the millions....

Like I ever suggested anyone sell below cost price.

Well, considering Qatar produces just as much oil as we do....AND our populaiton is some 100 times theirs...they would have more money.

Much more money per person.

THAT IS WHY...Nigeria has to stop relying on oil, and get a government that would take us down the road to either being an industrial exporter, or we export more and more raw materials apart from oil, and jumpstart our agric production.
Yes, probarbly but not definite, they could also be fewer than millions.

Well... your earlier explaination goes thus, I quote. "that is what happens when you refine petrol at 600 and sell for 195" grin cheesy this clearly suggests that it is sold below production costs or cost price as i put it. You may not agree but that is what it is.

I agree, because as it appears Naigeria right now and in the last 3 decades atleast DO NOT produce, exports or exported anything. Hence their reliance on imported and foreign products and companies including GUINNESS. grin and i doubt they would stop relying on oil and imported commodities in the future.

As you have already explained with the oil refinery the cost of producing anything in Naigeria would ALWAYS exceed the selling price substantially.

Good luck with finding the government that would change things for the better without CORRUPTION.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Yes, probarbly but not definite, they could also be fewer than millions.

I dare say it is

Well... your earlier explaination goes thus, I quote. "that is what happens when you refine petrol at 600 and sell for 195" grin cheesy this clearly suggests that it is sold below production costs or cost price as i put it.

That's just a summary of why we don't have refineries...in simpler language.

Briefly, we sold fuel below what it cost to produce and paid money to the sector to cover the losses. That's what is called a subsidy Nigerian style...and is why we don't even have good refineries.

For refineries to work, people have to sell fuel at a price higher than it costs to produce it....just as your friend the baker has to sell bread a ta cost above what it cost him to bake the bread to make profit to pay salaries, pay for ingredients, machineries, taxes, etc.

As you have already explained with the oil refinery the cost of producing anything in Naigeria would ALWAYS exceed the selling price substantially.

Because it has to, other wise, the company would collapse if it sold at a loss.

I mean, that's capitalism. Nothing is cheap.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigeria Breweries says Hi....indigenous producer of beer.

That's what happens when you refine fuel at N600 and sell it at N195 for years...domestic refining becomes unattractive, and importing becomes more attractive.
Nigerian breweries is a foreign company, stop the cap.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

I dare say it is

That's just a summary of why we don't have refineries...in simpler language.

Briefly, we sold fuel below what it cost to produce and paid money to the sector to cover the losses. That's what is called a subsidy Nigerian style...and is why we don't even have good refineries.

For refineries to work, people have to sell fuel at a price higher than it costs to produce it....just as your friend the baker has to sell bread a ta cost above what it cost him to bake the bread to make profit to pay salaries, pay for ingredients, machineries, taxes, etc.

Because it has to, other wise, the company would collapse if it sold at a loss.

I mean, that's capitalism. Nothing is cheap.
Still not definite. You might dare say it is. I could aswell dare say it isn't.

Fine, you win! grin I am moving on!

Be lucky!
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Still not definite. You might dare say it is. I could aswell dare say it isn't.

Fine, you win! grin I am moving on!

Be lucky!

The purpose of this discussion is not to have winners and losers.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

The purpose of this discussion is not to have winners and losers.
What has it been about then?
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
What has it been about then?

Winners and losers is irrelevant. In ten years, no one would care. In twenty years, it would be moot.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Taogbera: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ope o

Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

Winners and losers is irrelevant. In ten years, no one would care. In twenty years, it would be moot.
I fail to comprehend, perhaps you should elaborate further in simplified terms.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
I fail to comprehend, perhaps you should elaborate further in simplified terms.

And as the great somebody once said..

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment

This is a site. All discussions here are irrelevant. Don't try to make it too relevant to you.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by Calitoscassius(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
nairalanda1:

And as the great somebody once said..

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment

This is a site. All discussions here are irrelevant. Don't try to make it too relevant to you.

I only asked you to explain because i didn't understand, how can i know if it is relevant or consider it irrelevant if i didn't understand it.

I still cannot understand. I am even more confused than i was. undecided
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by sooperrescue(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see them leaving before the end of this year.

This I have seen.

They have already left. The Benin plant is already sold to a brewery in the East. Justrite has taken over the Oba Akran factory. They are only producing Origin bitters at Acme road. If they can lie like this, then we should boycott their products.
Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
My friend Udeme is a great man!

1 Like

Re: Guinness Denies Plan To Leave Nigeria by emmaodet: 12:22am On Aug 17, 2023
nairalanda1:

Actually, it is the South west that drinks Guinness well well.

As for South South, there would be riots if the aromatic schnapps industry in Nigeria and the dry gin industry in Nigeria decide to close shop.

The East has Hero lager, and most especially 33.

grin grin

Chaii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years / Jos Delight Holds Reception For Prospective Investors In Plateau (Photos, Video) / Fire At Part Of Lagos Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.