Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is (252 Views)

Mr Jollof: Tinubu Doesn't Need South-East And South-South Votes To Win / Bola Tinubu Doesn't Have Certificates - Bode George (Video) / Breakdown Of What President Buhari, Osinbajo Will Receive As Salaries/allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is by Hopebringer: 8:47am On Aug 17, 2023
What the president doesn't realize is until he can bring down large corrupt individuals he will keep loosing public trust and support.

I mean anyone in Nigeria can attest to the fact that the president is bleeding public trust and support.

Both APC and opposition members are all expressing openly their dissatisfaction with his apparently weak poorly thought out policies . And the recent leak of a purported decision to rescind the fuel subsidy removal, both local and foreign investors are fleeing or putting a pause to their early positive rush to reinvest in what was previously seen as a resurgent Nigerian economy in more capable hands .

Wha also didn't help matters was how he , Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu came t power. 2023 presidential election was the most controversial, abusive , blatant display of political fraud of the highest order since 1960 independence. Be that as it may he was sworn in so it's safe to say he didn't have up to 40% of public trust, so in a smart move he announced he would be hitting re ground running.

Then came mistake number 1. The went on to leak that Akpabio would likely be the senate President. Akpabio of famed looting indictments in Akwa ibom where he was a two term governor then the more recent scandalous looting of NDDC under his watch.

If anyone has even dared to suggest that pre election Asiwaju would feild such a candidate as SP there would have been a massive uproar across social media in rejection by the legion of APC paid only goons. These keyboard warriors would have hit every available socile media space accusing Peter Obi and his obidients of slander ,lies , propaganda etc while drawing our attention to the last 3 Lagos state governors whom have all succeeded Asiwaju himself of being scandal free upright men of integrity which is true.

Fast forward to reality , not only is Akpabio the senate President, we have the list of the most notorious corrupt fraudulent looters ever gathered in history of this nation all in Asiwaju's current government.

Mistake number 2. Asiwaju still reeling from his sudden ascension to power inherited one of the most brazen open displays of fraud and looting ever seen by a public office holder in history.

The former minister of aviation and he Nigerian air scandal plus the CBN governor printgate

. While he made a show of arresting he former CBN governor, Asiwaju has not even made a proper move to persecute the former aviation minister. There was some whisper of the former minister beng invited by the dss but that was it, a mere whisper in a hurricane.

Next mistake , the senator who spoke opnely about his wife who is a retired judge and how he made her influcnece cases in which she sat as presiding Jude over , in favour of his friends. In any sane country a serious president would have made this senator and his wife an obviously corrupt retried justice Scape goats in his move to sanitive the nation's judiciary, but what did Asiwaju do? Nothing. grin

Next mistake was not being sincere about unifying the exchange rates. Why do I say he isn't sincere? Leave all th grammar and press releases of truly he wanted to stop round tripping he knows , I know , any average economist knows all he had to do was remove the so called I and E window . No more special rates for Forex for anything , be it pilgrims or anything , everyone buys and sells at one rate. Watch all the BDCs close up business.But no he wouldn't do hat because he and all.his close friends benefit from this I and E window. He backers and supporters use his letter headed papers to buy up Forex in larger quantities and sell to black market to make a fortune all from the comfort of their bedrooms.

One could write a while dissertation on all the gaffes this government has made in record time of barely 3 months , that is commendable and I am sure Guinness world records could find something to award Asiwaju for this 🤔

On a serious note. Morale across the nation I at an all time low, dangerously too because the military is worst hit.

The mega mistake was trying to politicise the massacre of over 25 soldiers recently at the hands of the bandits. This is where Asiwaju made his biggest error , in not reappointing the duo of Femi adeshina and Lai Mohamed. That duo are unmatched 8n their ability to spin lies. They would have found a better lie to spin than saying the 25 soldiers died in a helicopter crash caused by rainfall.🤣🤣🤣🙏

The foolish spokes person probably didn't know the terrorists had earlier released a video in which they were celebrating the shooting down of he same helicopter 🤣

Oh wha a time to be alive. Yes I voted Peter Obi and still support him but like millions of other obidients we astill have the interest of he nation at heart hence wholeheartedly supported Asiwaju till th court said otherwise because we all wanted a better nation. We don't want to be buying fuel at N700 per liter .
But the embarrassment is getting too much. Our dear president doesn't seem to have a clue or know what to do. And it is so sad because his supporters spent months abusing everything related to Peter Obi as being mediocre. Saying how technical and strategic Asiwaju is. They boasted that within months we would start to see the signs of a new a Nigeria
Re: What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is by Hopebringer: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2023
But alas here we are. We are at a point where most of us simply do no know which direction the nation is headed . Both APC and opposition members alike are feeling the devastating effects of incompetence in governance .

But all is not lost yet. Asiwaju needs to make an effort to regain public trust and propaganda is not the way.

The era of Red media putting out made up stats and stories wit influencers has gone. That ship was sunk by the Buhari administration .

Firstly make a show of investigating every allegation of corruption from Gbajamialla selling ministerial slots to some appointed ministers corruption allegations . This will make people put down their cup of coffee and wonder .

Then whether he has the balls to or not he has to burn some bridges. Especially those that lead to corruption, he must indict and imprison some people.

This will shake the whole table . This whole thing should not span more than 30.days (1 month) . Trust me everyone would take note and start to have a rethink of Asiwaju's weak government. Even foreign investors would pause their mass exit and take a gander at what is going on in Nigeria .

While the revamped judiciary and efcc and working , then he should force and break up of NNPC arrest their entire board and management. Then enter and JV with the private sector to manage the refineries
Re: What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is by Hopebringer: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2023
At this point I would like to draw the curtain on my writeup with my own prediction.

Asiwaju will be removed from office by the judiciary via a reun election between all 3 politicians. Because the court cannot declare Asiwaju the winner , no they cans we the whole country up in flames so hey would tread the side of caution and call for a rerun. And interim government would be put in place pending the outcome.

Asiwaju made too many mistakes we classify as career suicide. He gaffed is badly. And to sum it all up , just look at his recent ministerial appointments , he appointed a politician as minister of defence?! This one blew me away. With all the security challenges we are facing as a nation?

In no distant time I expect to be seeing an APC lead propaganda that Tinubu has been in a coma simce and all these decisions are being taken by seyi and his step mom.🤣

To borrow the words of my famous opponent Fred aka Mannabbqgrillz, A better Nigeria is all we want
Re: What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is by Kaiser20: 9:20am On Aug 17, 2023
Please, you people should excuse Tinubu, he only came
For the purpose of fulfilling his personal ambition.
Tinubu is not mentally physically or emotionally ready to fix Nigeria's problems
Re: What President Tinubu Doesn't Realize Is by Hopebringer: 11:03am On Aug 17, 2023
Kaiser20:
Please, you people should excuse Tinubu, he only came
For the purpose of fulfilling his personal ambition.
Tinubu is not mentally physically or emotionally ready to fix Nigeria's problems

As grim as thos sounds ,it is unfortunately starting to seem likely

(1) (Reply)

Niger: ECOWAS Rejects Junta’s Three-year Transition Plan / Why Nigeria's Yoruba Muslims Are Most Tolerant / APC State Youth Leaders Deny Fake Letter With Their Signatures, Back Dayo Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.