Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? (297 Views)

Why Can't CBN Print Enough Money And Dash Everyone 30 Billion Naira? / Why Can't CBN Print More Naira Notes / Foreign Loan: Why Can't CBN Print The $5.5bn Instead Of Borrowing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by BabaCommander: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7799723/diversion-diaspora-remittances-black-market

Saw the thread yesterday, which made me to remember what PayPal told me 5 years ago.

PayPal said it was Nigerian govt that's preventing us from sending and receiving money through Paypal.

What's the merit of this policy? Because of it, freelancing had not taken off in Nigeria which is limiting our FX.

Let someone tell Tinubu to look into this issues.
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
We will cripple the economy if they allow that.
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by carl90(m): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
Trust me on this, PayPal have not always been ready to do business in Nigeria.
Not a business entity I will recommend to any freelancer with clients abroad.
They should just stop shifting blames.
Thank God for Payoneer and co. that is making receiving money from abroad easy.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by BabaCommander: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
carl90:
Trust me on this, PayPal have not always been ready to do business in Nigeria.
Not a business entity I will recommend to any freelancer with clients abroad.
They should just stop shifting blames.
Thank God for Payoneer and co. that is making receiving money from abroad easy.
PayPal is easier and more widely accepted.
I do agree about bans and all that, but that can be remedied by not leaving large sums in your account.
I have a PayPal account of over 80 years with no issues.
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by BabaCommander: 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
OgogoroFreak:
We will cripple the economy if they allow that.
How?
A freelancer get paid to a PayPal account that's connected to his/her bank account and then he is required to withdraw the money to his bank. That way it passes through official FX channel.
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by carl90(m): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
Well,the pertinent question is how do you withdraw money on your Paypal account to your Nigeria bank account?

BabaCommander:

PayPal is easier and more widely accepted.
I do agree about bans and all that, but that can be remedied by not leaving large sums in your account.
I have a PayPal account of over 80 years with no issues.
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by BabaCommander: 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
carl90:
Well,the pertinent question is how do you withdraw money on your Paypal account to your Nigeria bank account?

It's the government policy that's stopping it.
PayPal said it's not in their hand.

It's our outdated analog government that's to blame.

I hope the present government can look into it. India has a very good policy about this. In India,PayPal is not allowed to hold funds for more than 3 days or so, so the user must withdraw the money into his bank account within 3 days of receiving it
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by adebayo987: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
It's PayPal itself that banned Nigeria when yahoo boys used their platform to cash out from ebay less than a decade ago. CBN never blocked it. Don't just believe every shit you see online. Some are there to get your attention. That's all.
BabaCommander:

Saw the thread yesterday, which made me to remember what PayPal told me 5 years ago.

PayPal said it was Nigerian govt that's preventing us from sending and receiving money through Paypal.

What's the merit of this policy? Because of it, freelancing had not taken off in Nigeria which is limiting our FX.

Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by carl90(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
You didn't even answer my question.
Anyway,take it or leave it ,PayPal is no-no to Nigerians.
We have international brands like Payoneer and even our Fintech brands here in Nigeria like flutterwave and Opay are making waves.
PayPal is so old story.
BabaCommander:

It's the government policy that's stopping it.
PayPal said it's not in their hand.

It's our outdated analog government that's to blame.

I hope the present government can look into it. India has a very good policy about this. In India,PayPal is not allowed to hold funds for more than 3 days or so, so the user must withdraw the money into his bank account within 3 days of receiving it
Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by wittywriter: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
BabaCommander:

Why trouble yourself about Nigerian government ? Focus on building your online money and wealth steadily ...why advocate for PayPal to Nigerian bank(s) that can seize your hard earned money with a flimsy and clumsy excuse(s).
If you have funds in your PayPal account sell to vendors or covert it to USDT then convert to any currency of your choice.
I'm a PayPal vendor for some fellow writers and I only charge $5 for every $100 sent as payment for the services they rendered but if it's for conversion I charge just $2 per $100...so stop bothering on a government or political class that don't care about her citizens welfare talkless of creating or enabling internationally related policies for smart working citizens earning via online.

$ has remained above #600 for over a year now and mark my word naira will continue to chase $ for another decade or more.

Reason I encourage anyone that cares to know to try create an income means that will enable earning in foreign currencies especially pounds or dollars...and the best medium to achieve this easily is via online/internet.

Wittyness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't CBN Let Us Receive And Send Money Using Paypal? by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2023
BabaCommander:

How?
A freelancer get paid to a PayPal account that's connected to his/her bank account and then he is required to withdraw the money to his bank. That way it passes through official FX channel.
What about others that use PayPal for paying online? Nigeria don't have enough dollar.

(1) (Reply)

I Sincerely Need Financial Help / Who Will Lend Me 55k.. To Get 22k Monthly For 3 Months / Goats Direct From Katsina For Your New Year Celebrations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.