Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team (330 Views)

Marseille Vs Lyon Game Called OFF After Shocking Case Of Team Coach Attacked / Kelechi Iheanacho Has Set A New Record In Thr English FA Cup (Pic) / Oshoala's Tweet About Barcelona's Men's Team Causes Controversy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by TruthHurts1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
FA chief executive Mark Bullingham has suggested that Sarina Wiegman would be considered as a potential replacement for Gareth Southgate once he leaves his role at England.

The Lionesses boss is attracting deserved praise after guiding England to the Women's World Cup final where they'll take on Spain on Sunday.

Wiegman has already led the Lionesses to UEFA Women's Championship glory last year.

She previously guided the Netherlands to the same crown in 2017, as well as finishing as runners up at the 2019 World Cup.

As a result, victory for the Lionesses this weekend would see the 53-year-old complete the women's game, leading to speculation about what she'll do next.

While Bullingham is hopeful that Wiegman will remain in charge of the Lionesses, he hasn't ruled out the prospect of her taking a top job in the men's game.

He explained: "Sarina’s doing the Lionesses, she’s doing a brilliant job.

"I don’t like the language, should it be the best man for the job. I think it’s the best person for the job.

"Do I think football is behind other sports in terms of a lack of female coaches at the top level? I do.

"I think that has to change and the third part of it is do I think Sarina could do any job in football? Yes, I do.

I’m really happy with the job she’s doing and I hope she stays doing that for a long time.

"If at some point in the future she decides she wants to move into the men’s game, that would be a really interesting discussion, but that’s for her, right?"

He added: "It’s the best person for the job. If that person’s a woman, then why not? You analyse the pool for the job at that particular time.

“Do I think there’s a really strong diverse pool of both men and women for a big national job?

"No, I think the pool is small for both, actually. But I don’t like the mindset that it has to be a man.

“So, I’ll say it again. From our point of view, Sarina is doing a great job in what she’s doing and we want her to continue.

"If and when we get a vacancy in either of our senior men’s or women’s manager positions, we’d go for the best person for the job, which would be the best person capable of winning matches.”

Sarina Wiegman

https://talksport.com/football/1536898/sarina-wiegman-lionesses-england-gareth-southgate/

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
I’d love to see this happen
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by BoldBrainz(m): 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
Na Mason Greenwood go first knack am.

1 Like

Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by mariovito(m): 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
F
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Only on paper. Maguire go intentionally use own goals sack her. 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by chichar1(f): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Where is she from?
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by ivolt: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2023
Funny.
England want to gamble with their national team.

1 Like

Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by Napata77: 12:19am On Aug 18, 2023
Those players won't respect her.
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by Brownville007: 12:30am On Aug 18, 2023
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by IslamIsIdiotic: 3:44am On Aug 18, 2023
She's from the Netherlands

chichar1:
Where is she from?
Re: English FA Considering Women's Football Team Coach To Take Over Men's Team by mayor1814: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2023
Just wondering how the likes of Jack Grealish, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Luke Shaw, Jude Bellingham etc will be looking at her in training. Besides some players go knack am oo. Oyibo no kuku dey look age difference wen it coms to knacking.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Kind Of Deliverance Chelsea Football Club Needs At The Moment ? / 3.41 Odds All Green. / 32 Odds Running Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.