Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Overcoming Temptation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming Temptation (85 Views)

Overcoming Temptation / Overcoming Temptation / Practical Tips For Overcoming Temptation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Temptation by Btruth: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2023
Overcoming temptation

Fri, 18 Aug 2023

‘Temptation … is common to man.’ 1 Corinthians 10:13

The Bible says, ‘God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it’ (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV). Our minds are like a hotel. The manager cannot keep someone from entering the lobby, but he can keep them from getting a room. And it’s the same with temptation. When God redeemed you, you became a regenerate spirit living in an unregenerate body. ‘And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.’ (Ephesians 4:30 NKJV). When you seal an envelope, its contents are protected until it’s delivered to its destination. Getting the idea? Satan can’t prevail against your regenerate spirit, so he attacks you through your lower nature. Paul acknowledged this: ‘For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do.’ (Romans 7:19 CSB). You will never be immune to temptation, but you can overcome it. Notice three things in this Scripture:

1) ‘God is faithful.’ Like a shepherd who never abandons his sheep, when you go astray, He will bring you back to the fold.

2) ‘Will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able.’ Like a good coach training you, God will permit the weight of your temptations to strengthen you but not break or destroy you.

3) ‘With the temptation will also make the way of escape.’ If you choose your own way, you will go down in defeat. God’s way of escape is through prayer, His Word, Christian fellowship, and Spirit-filled living. That’s how to overcome temptation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

From Darkness To Light V / Sunday Morning Worship / I Will Be Your Amazon Kindle Ebook Writer, 30k Ghostwriter, Formatting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.