Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs (32998 Views)

Chicago State University: Nigerians Will Be Shocked Over Tinubu’s Records– Atiku / Deji Adeyanju Shocked Over Massive Crowd At Atiku's Rally In Ogun / Ondo APC Primary: Presidency Favours Akeredolu, Tinubu Camp Shocked Over Abraham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Shikini: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
Nonsense
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by ify84(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2023
EVIL leaders. Why not put all these in place before removing Subsidy.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by lexy2014: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Nigerians are not even helping matters , the way they increase the price of whatever they are selling is evil.
Before you condemn the government please look inwards and do the needful as well.
May God ease our affairs.

What needful should a transporter do when he was buying fuel for 200 and now buying it for 600naira?

Why should God ease our affairs? Are u saying that Tinubu doesn't have the ability and desire to ease our affairs?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Shocked ke?

Which wahala be this...

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by EdiskyHarry: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jux as the governors shared rice during COVID-19.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by lexy2014: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
You better don't turn to Buhari that was always in shock.

Anyways, we believe in Ashiwaju

You have acknowledged that Tinubu has no idea what he is doing just like buhari but yet you still believe in a man who has no idea what he is doing

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by DLSReigns: 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
Being shocked is an old formula. Abeg try something new.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by bikefab(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
Useless government seems to be Buhari promax. Already showing signs of cluelessness and ineptitude. Shocker ko shocked ni
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Smartguyboy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
When will he start rolling his manifesto?
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by DaddyGngeess(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Nigerians are not even helping matters , the way they increase the price of whatever they are selling is evil.
Before you condemn the government please look inwards and do the needful as well.

That is just it, in my line of business almost all my colleagues have increased their fees but is just too hard for me to do because i feel for my customers, is not really easy at all this time but instead of increasing my fees i am creating some little
little investments to curb with the expenses

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Prestar(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Person dey shout emilokan

And you u have believe in him
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Akaegwu(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
I shock 🤯 them? Buharis Promax.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Kernalboy: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
You better don't turn to Buhari that was always in shock.

Anyways, we believe in Ashiwaju
you don die finish na only your skeleton dey walk you still dey believe in ashiwaju

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Soulsymbol99: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
Shocked how? angry
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Reference(m): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
Another proof that these fellows do not know exactly what they are doing. As forumites said on another post, a 'trial and error' government.

A grade school student will know that when you triple energy prices the cost of living aka inflation, anywhere in the world will explode.

Nigerians will never elect people who are sound in knowledge. Knowledge is what makes the world go round, not hot air or propaganda.

We said it from the day of the impromptu announcement at Eagle's Square. That the decision to withdraw subsidies was economically sound.

BUT MEASURES SHOULD BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY TO CONTAIN THE FALLOUT as price rises will naturally start from the transport sector and if not contained or slowed will impact every sector ending with the corrosion of fixed assets and durable goods by which time it will be almost impossible for the economy to recover in this dispensation.

And I gave suggestions on HOW to go about it. Today the government is surprised that a flame brought to fuel results in a conflagration.

Nigerians, your prosperity, your security, the quality of your lives and your sanity depends on your electoral choices and the diligence.you apply to getting knowledgeable people into power and then driving them towards YOUR expected end.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by slowice(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
So Buhari transfered his shock to Tinubu? Nawa oo

Urchiins are you guys shocked as well?
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
DaddyGngeess:

That is just it, in my line of business almost all my colleagues have increased their fees but is just too hard for me to do because i feel for my customers, is not really easy at all this time but instead of increasing my fees i am creating some little
little investments to curb with the expenses
You are such a kindhearted man, God bless you richly

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by dragunov: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
You're right. You will see how some wicked traders will start hoarding food stuff when the grains hit the market.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by sonofsteven: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:

If you are a business person, I bet you,you won't make this comment

The rise and fall of currency dey affect business these days and it's not favorable to importers of commodities especially here in china

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Ajinoride(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
ogododo:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/subsidy-removal-fg-shocked-over-high-food-transportation-costs/amp

Is Nigeria at war? Because palliatives of this type is only given to displaced people in war-torn countries

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by ShenTeh(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
Indeed Baba Tinubu is carrying on with the legacies of Baba Buhari.

Wouldn't I be petty if I'd thought that that will include such things as such a linguistic nuance that bored is sick in the last administration?

E shock me too.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Blitzking: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2023
Shoker lo shee beats
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Nursepepeye(f): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
is your brain still working at all? When you spend triple to transport goods and services, won't commodity prices increase? How much do you think transporters are making when fuel ⛽ price increase from #195 to #617. You don't blame those who have refused to repair refinaries to produce locally and those that are terribly corrupt. Get out abeg

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Abeg, make I chop my own breakfast Loju mejeeji, before I go type my comment. grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by RevenuesBoost(f): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Why the shock?

Did they forget that these goods come from rural areas and considering the high cost of transportation,
how can goods still remain cheap?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Whoknow: 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2023
PDP Government is wicked why do they leave naked wires in Aso rock that is shocking APC Government. Let them allow LP to please go cover the wires.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2023
While their wicked policies were causing so much hardship, their goons and cronies were the only ones encouraging them. e.g Eniola Badmus, Yul Edochie.
FG is shocked. But his supporters are not shocked. Infact they still wanted more of the increase in the guise that it will favour them and their families and claiming that the skyrocketing prices were intended for the good of all Nigerians.
I don't get the shock they are talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by marksleek2584(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
That shock go kill them all! Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Chibuzoripob: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2023
sad baba Emilokan should do something about the ⛽️/Naira vs Usd palava not sharing 5B that'll mot go round
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Abitolola: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Tinubu carefully using the Buhari script to evade issues. Shock ko, electricity ni.

Hope they can fix issues before shock kills them, 45,000 bags of corn is barely enough for a local government in Lagos for a month.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Faposky95: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:

Who runs the agencies that are supposed to regulate commodity prices locally.....?
....my hometown meeting head ....?!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs by Sparkle777(f): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2023
cheesy
After shock, na to reassure you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Vs Dasuki: Court Process May Lead To ‘revelations’ On Boko Haram, APC, PDP / Peter Obi Visits Emir Of Bauchi (Pictures) / POLAF: Atiku Leads In Nigeria's Largest Poll Ever - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.