Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta (256 Views)

3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats / De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" / Akon, Sophy Aiida, Salif Keita Arrive Lagos For AFRIMA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by mycaremimi(f): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2023
Malian Afropop singer Salif Keita named advisor to junta

Malian Afropop musician, Salif Keita, popularly referred to as the ‘Golden Voice of Africa’, has been appointed special advisor to the head of Mali’s military junta.

This was announced in a decree signed by Colonel Assimi Goita, the military leader who ousted the country’s elected president, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, in 2020.
The transitional president, in a decree dated August 11 and published August 14 2023, appointed five new special advisors.

The decree does not give details about the singer’s new role.
The 73-year-old singer has been a strong supporter of the junta, endorsing its narrative of national sovereignty and calling for the departure of UN peacekeeping troops from Mali.
Recall that Salif Keita had, in a letter some days ago, resigned from an assembly set up by the military in power since 2020 to act as a legislative body.

He gave no reason for his letter of resignation, stating that he would always remain “the undisputed friend of my country’s soldiers.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/16/malian-afropop-singer-salif-keita-named-advisor-to-junta-chief/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by triple996(m): 9:01am On Aug 18, 2023
Clueless people
Re: Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by Morbeta11(m): 9:02am On Aug 18, 2023
One of my most respected African artist.....awesome.

1 Like

Re: Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by fourboys: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2023
So nice
Re: Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by Kingosytex(m): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2023
Saw Malian and my brain went straight to Marlian cheesy

The singer made some points. African mustn't continue to be under the dictates of the greedy west.
Democracy is government of the people, the people are free to decide how they're to be governed.
You can't stay in far away France and condemn people who are happy under their military ruler.
If you say that military rule is inimical to a nation's growth, ask yourself the progress these same countries have made under their looting, puppet, and corrupt civilian regimes.
If the citizens are happy being ruled by the military so be it. Let them be.
Re: Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by Morbeta11(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2023
Front page
Re: Malian Afropop Singer Salif Keita Named Advisor To Junta by Mynd44: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2023
Some top Nigerians also served under Abacha. Nothing new here

(1) (Reply)

PORTVIEW Estate With C Of O In Ibeju Lekki Lagos State Marketed By Xploit Prope / I Don't Know Mohbad, Stop Pouring Your Frustration On Me - James Brown Warns / Happening Now Mohbad Candle Night Procession Live At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.