Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review (5383 Views)

Please Help !!! My Galaxy S7 Edge Keeps Showing This. / Nokia 5.1 Plus Set To Be Launched Today. See Full Specifications And Images. / Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus Price Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2023
Norman4real:
I'm not bitter, lol. I'm being very realistic. It's got a small battery, and that sd845 is going to heat up seriously when it's actually put to task. I'm not here to hate.
Just enjoy the display and average camera quality coz that's all that phone has left to offer after 5yrs.
Don't even bother heavy gaming if you want it to last you a year or two.

I'm not even a mobile phone gamer to begin with, plus if I ask you to suggest a smartphone that suits my budget you'll end up calling for me devices like Tecno and Redmi that don't even boast an SD 730 processor lol. The cameras and software experience won't even be on par with this phone. I know what I am currently enjoying with my device.

5 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by 22o62021: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2023
Well I advised you earlier but you went ahead

It's a sweet phone iff you avoid screen from falling

See the picture of this s9 with me

I sold it one month and 2 weeks ago and it's having issues

If you off the phone and on it again, the screen will go blank.

The owner has left it with me

It's only me that can use it cos, I lose the phone all the time.

And recently I don't let it go off

Pictures no gree upload

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
22o62021:
Well I advised you earlier but you went ahead

It's a sweet phone iff you avoid screen from falling

See the picture of this s9 with me

I sold it one month and 2 weeks ago and it's having issues

If you off the phone and on it again, the screen will go blank.

The owner has left it with me

It's only me that can use it cos, I lose the phone all the time.

And recently I don't let it go off

Pictures no gree upload

I've never had my phone fall off boss, so far so good I'm in love with this device and I think I'm already sucked into the Samsung ecosystem.

5 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Rickmann: 12:49pm On Aug 20, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:
Well... most asked me to cancel my order - but curiosity got the better of me.
After all it's just less than $150 so why not take the risk?

Anyways just to tell you I loving this device which I ordered from konga.

Although it took exactly 10 days to arrive - and they could've literally brought it on the 5th day but I believe they had a minor logistics issue.

Gosh the device is fire ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ˜

The screen is so damn too good to be true.

The phone is a RENEWED DEVICE (I am more than okay with that fact, I expected it to be so)

Complete accessories in the box, including the actual and real phone manual.

The phone has NFC feature.

I haven't even peeled the plastic off it, I don't see no airbubbles in the back and front of the phone to show its factory renewed and not repackaged as most had suggested.

Guess what? It's a USA VARIANT with the SNAPDRAGON PROCESSOR.

Everything about this phone is dope, the battery is legit new and very strong, though I need to get a powerbank asap to maintain the battery health - please recommend one? Is new age 22k mAh alright?

I am beyond satisfied with the phone so far! Value for money and trust me guys even the galaxy A24 which goes for 200k doesn't come anywhere near this flagship beast.

I can't understand why anyone would see old samsung flagship and go for latest transsision, redmi, etc ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Pls what the total cost of the phone in Naira.

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
Rickmann:

Pls what the total cost of the phone in Naira.

110k and 6k separately for shipping
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by falcon01: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
NFBI:
If it falls down and the screen spoil kiss it goodbye except you are ready to cough out 70 to 80k for the screen
That's a poor man mentality

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
falcon01:
That's a poor man mentality

I swear
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by symbianDON(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
Even though it's 2023, the s9plus is still a great buy. Excellent value for money. Iy packs great specs, beating some 2023 flagships.

2 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2023
symbianDON:
Even though it's 2023, the s9plus is still a great buy. Excellent value for money. Iy packs great specs, beating some 2023 flagships.
Absolute value for money, worth every penny and I'm glad I made the choice.

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:01am On Aug 21, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

I'm not even a mobile phone gamer to begin with, plus if I ask you to suggest a smartphone that suits my budget you'll end up calling for me devices like Tecno and Redmi that don't even boast an SD 730 processor lol. The cameras and software experience won't even be on par with this phone. I know what I am currently enjoying with my device.

Just say u wan to use a Sammy device and Ur budget is low we will understand

It's clearly u don't know about processors
Their are mid range device with a better processor than the 845 better camera still on the recent update with better battery and high refresh rate apart from the Qhd u will end up getting on the s9+ nothing else cuz I believe that phone is refurbish..

If u don't want a Midrand device
Google pixel is there the money u used in buying s9+ will get you LG v60 OnePlus 7pro LG v50 LG g8 LG g8x
Google pixel 4 and many more even xiaomi mi9 and that's value for money cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:03am On Aug 21, 2023
symbianDON:

Plz name just one flagship s9+ beats in 2023 I will send you 5k now

Am dead serious I will send it to you

Waiting Musa no go see for nairaland

4 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by symbianDON(m): 7:36am On Aug 21, 2023
meshachdbuzz:

Plz name just one flagship s9+ beats in 2023 I will send you 5k now

Am dead serious I will send it to you

Waiting Musa no go see for nairaland
Kindly be objective when going through the comparison. Afterwards, i will be awaiting my 5k. Thanks.
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12254&idPhone2=8967
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by meshachdbuzz(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2023
symbianDON:
Kindly be objective when going through the comparison. Afterwards, i will be awaiting my 5k. Thanks.

Lol grin grin grin angry

U clearly don't know what a flagship device is oooo
Jezzz

E pain say me ppl when educate us for the forum no dey again and I no get strength to educate
Plz use Google abeg and ask was a flagship device

So Tecno don dey produce flagship device Tecno never even produce high midrange phone self talkless of flagship

Chai small yarnsh dey shake oo Nigerian and transission na 5and6

As u can clearly see on the pic
U can see the 845 is a flagship processor and belongs to every flagship device around 2017 to 2018 flagship
Why g99 was supposed to be use for Midrand device for 2022 but no transission phone will still continue to use it til 2050 just as dey did with p22 and the rest

If u can look for any flagship device that was lunch 2019 with with 845 I will add another 5k to it making it 10k

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by symbianDON(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2023
meshachdbuzz:

Lol grin grin grin angry

Jezzz

E pain say me ppl when educate us for the forum no dey again and I no get strength to educate

So Tecno don dey produce flagship device Tecno never even produce high midrange phone self talkless of flagship

U can see the 845 is a flagship processor and belongs to every flagship device around 2017 to 2018 flagship
Why g99 was supposed to be use for Midrand device for 2022 but no transission phone will still continue to use it til 2050 just as dey did with p22 and the rest

If u can look for any flagship device that was lunch 2019 with with 845 I will add another 5k to it making it 10k
you are quite funny and naive. Different phone manufacturers manufacture devices that are flagship device for their respective brands! It isn't only Samsung, apple and Google who make flagship devices oga! Just help you, i have attached screenshots showing what a flagship phone is and also showing that, yes, tecno makes flagship phones.

2 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Rickmann: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

110k and 6k separately for shipping

Ok..thanks.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by L0wk3y(m): 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
symbianDON:

That Camon device is straight trash, imaging Helio g99 cannot beat sd845 despite being made 5 years later and on a 6nm diodeโ€ฆ.gpu too is weak af, not to talk of the fact that it uses usbc 2.0 instead of 3.
Nigerians are just being robbed left and right. ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by symbianDON(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
L0wk3y:

That Camon device is straight trash, imaging Helio g99 cannot beat sd845 despite being made 5 years later and on a 6nm diodeโ€ฆ.gpu too is weak af, not to talk of the fact that it uses usbc 2.0 instead of 3.
my point exactly!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by wahalaO(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
symbianDON:
you are quite funny and naive. Different phone manufacturers manufacture devices that are flagship device for their respective brands! It isn't only Samsung, apple and Google who make flagship devices oga! Just help you, i have attached screenshots showing what a flagship phone is and also showing that, yes, tecno makes flagship phones.

Techno Flagships are just overpriced upper midrangers ๐Ÿ˜ Brother, this phone is actually around the same price of a Poco F5 Pro (SD 8+ Gen 1) ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by wahalaO(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
L0wk3y:

Don't forget plastic back (Flagship ke ๐Ÿคฃ), weak display, and heavy price ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by wahalaO(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
meshachdbuzz:

Lol grin grin grin angry

Jezzz

Bro if he brings a flagship device in 2023 that the five year old Samsung is better than, then I'll another 5k to your 15k
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by meshachdbuzz(m): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
wahalaO:

Bro if he brings a flagship device in 2023 that the five year old Samsung is better than, then I'll another 5k to your 15k

Lol grin grin grin

The guy don quote me oo just view am him don drop the flagship phone like this we dey owe am 15k oo

I no just bother quote am back cuz him don win
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by symbianDON(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2023
wahalaO:

Techno Flagships are just overpriced upper midrangers ๐Ÿ˜ Brother, this phone is actually around the same price of a Poco F5 Pro (SD 8+ Gen 1) ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
grin i actually agree with you that transsion so-called flagships are overhyped. However, they are still flagships in the eyes of transsion and their customers

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by ojonugba2014(m): 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2023
Samsung na good phone but pray make the screen no get issue. otherwise u wl feel like crying.

My Tecno pouviour 4 pro fell inside water last month,the water affected the screen, I changed the screen myself in ogbomoso for 8.5k.

My Samsung 5s ND s7 edge dea House since last year I can't repair the phone because cost of original AMOLED screen is almost equal to u.k used one.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
ojonugba2014:
Samsung na good phone but pray make the screen no get issue. otherwise u wl feel like crying.

My Tecno pouviour 4 pro fell inside water last month,the water affected the screen, I changed the screen myself in ogbomoso for 8.5k.

My Samsung 5s ND s7 edge dea House since last year I can't repair the phone because cost of original AMOLED screen is almost equal to u.k used one.

The Samsung screen no for spoil anyways as e enter water due to the water resistance.

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Broaddyway: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
wahalaO:

I agree with you on this and most of them are overrated too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by MSN1(m): 12:36am On Aug 23, 2023
michlins:
why are you guys so negative?

So we should stop buying good things because the replacement costs? A child born today can die and the parents will give birth to another one.

I have had a Samsung for years and I can't remember when one fell not to talk of crashing. My current phone is almost two years and I am a welder yet nothing has happened to it. I don't even use tempered glass cause I find it diminishing the quality of the screen. I can not buy a phone for hundreds and then use mumu glass ruin the viewing experience.

To op, enjoy your phone and if you damage the screen, you work hard and buy another phone. Person no die
Don't waste ur time educating them,
its ONLY a fool or someone that wants to manage that patronises this modern trash called phones.
Iphones are very very over hyped and price
Samsung has and will always be d king of phones. Mehn their display, dopeness and smoothness is out of this world.
Sometimes i feel tempted to fix my S7edge. that phone would still beat 2023 Tecnos and Infinix hands down.

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 4:56am On Aug 23, 2023
MSN1:

its ONLY a fool or someone that wants to manage that patronises this modern trash called phones.
Samsung has and will always be d king of phones. Mehn their display, dopeness and smoothness is out of this world.
Sometimes i feel tempted to fix my S7edge. that phone would still beat 2023 Tecnos and Infinix hands down.

You are very much on point bro, nothing concern me concern iPhone seff... let me keep rocking my Samsung and getting the value for money off it.
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by michlins(m): 5:13am On Aug 23, 2023
MSN1:

I used the S7 edge a year after it came out and wow!!!
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by Tyg3rFvry: 5:16am On Aug 23, 2023
michlins:
I used the S7 edge a year after it came out and wow!!!
When it comes to smartphones, Samsung is the king!
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by michlins(m): 5:18am On Aug 23, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

When it comes to smartphones, Samsung is the king!
miles ahead. I have used LG V40, OnePlus 8 and few others but I am back to Samsung
Re: My Galaxy S9 Plus Arrived Today - See My Review by dreamxhaser: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Tyg3rFvry:

110k for the phone, shipping was 6k, total 116k. I bought it from AwesomeGod gadgets Konga

Money for UK used S10 u carry do buy s9?

Watin this renewed s9 fit do wey uk use no fit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo's New Voice Message (Glo Users Glo With Pride!) / Samsung Has Started With Its Foolishness / Opsson P9, Please I Need Reviews For This 4200mah Battery Capacity Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.