Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Political Appointment Scam- Beware! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Appointment Scam- Beware! (2191 Views)

See How This Political Appointment Coursed Nigeria National Embarrassment(pix) / Actress, Toyin Adegbola, Gets Political Appointment / Former Movie Star, Kanayo O Kanayo, Gets Political Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political Appointment Scam- Beware! by bayemibo: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2011
It all started yesterday Wednesday October 12, 2011. I got an sms sent from the internet with the sender ID as Presidency to request for my CV to be sent to osgf_press@presidency-gov-ng.com.

I sent my CV to them and they responded via SMS from the internet with the sender as OSGF-FGN that I should call one senator Senator Tafida K. Hassan on 07032976312 to get further directives. I called the so called senator and he said I will get a mail containing a form which I am supposed to fill, attach my passport and send it to them. I later got a mail from draishaaudu@yahoo.com with the form. I filled it (but left security clearance ref number 1 and 2 and annual income section blank ) and attach my passport to the right hand corner as instructed and sent it to committee.executive@presidency-nig.info.

They contacted me again this morning via sms from the internet with the sender as OSGF-FGN that I should call Senator Tafida K. Hassan for more directives. I called him and he said that I need to pay the sum of N105,000.00 into the account details below to get my security clearance ref number 1 and 2 (costing NGN45,000.00 each and totaling NGN90,000.00) and a tip of NGN15,000.00 for the SSS man that is to help me process it.

When I heard of SSS involvement, I decided to call a friend working with SSS lagos in order to confirm the authenticity only to discover that it has been a common trend. I was told the scammers often ask for N500,000.00 but because I left the annual income section on the form blank they lower my mugu fee but I did not fall for them.

The account details provided is as follows:
BANK: OCEANIC BANK
A/C NAME: BILLY OMOROKUNWA
A/C NO: 1450001010372

Please Beware!!!
Re: Political Appointment Scam- Beware! by Pukkah: 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2011
These account details are enough information for security agencies to go after the scammers.
Re: Political Appointment Scam- Beware! by oladayo042: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^I pray they do. Ingenuity in bad ideas, only God can save us.

(1) (Reply)

27 States Faces Bankruptcy / One Advantage Of Boko Haram / Merits And Demerits Of The Petroleum Industry Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.