Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon (786 Views)

It’s Treasonable To Deploy Nigerian Army To Niger Without Senate Approval — MBF / Northerners Begin Diversion Of Food Items To Niger And Cameroon. / Xenophobia: Buhari Told To Consider Military Action Against South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 7:12am On Aug 20, 2023
EcoWAS is comprised of 15 member countries that do not include Chad and Cameroon.

Since Chad has already stated that they would not join EcoWAS in attacking Niger and Cameroon has not declared it support for EcoWAS.

We have seen how Boko Haram terrorists used Chad and Cameroon as safe havens with the blessing of France and Western globalist countries.

So if truly EcoWAS should attack Niger it needs to assume that the war should extend to all of Nigeria's neighbours who have not pledged to join the war. Which now means that EcoWAS would need to prosecute the war against 5 countries, namely Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
In fact unless I am mistaken, I believe Guinea has already openly declared allegiance to Niger so it means the war would need to be conducted against 6 countries when we include Guinea, remembering that in warfare it is good practice to assume your enemy's friend is also your enemy.

Yes, terrible idea!

The proposed attack on Niger is in itself a terrible idea and should be called off.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by Rostikol: 7:19am On Aug 20, 2023
As I'm seeing this map, I'm just imagining Malian and Burkinabe planes and drones flying into Nigeria from the left to drop all kinds of bombs!

I hope the military have that area secured!
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2023
We need to put a stop to this stupid war, it starts it would be disasterous and if dams in Nigeria are bombed millions o lives may be lost and once the war starts japa routes would be few and dangerous and most may have to settle for IDP which would amount to nothing more than death camps where they may forcifully inject people with the deadly jab in the name of vaccines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by favor914: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2023
Rostikol:
As I'm seeing this map, I'm just imagining Malian and Burkinabe planes and drones flying into Nigeria from the left to drop all kinds of bombs!

undecided
Mali & Burkina Faso will seize to exist on the map, it seems you children do not understand the might of your country?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by favor914: 8:04am On Aug 20, 2023
worksmart:
We need to put a stop to this stupid war, it starts it would be disasterous and if dams in Nigeria are bombed millions o lives may be lost and once the war starts japa routes would be few and dangerous and most may have to settle for IDP which would amount to nothing more than death camps where they may forcifully inject people with the deadly jab in the name of vaccines.
Very very surprised, how ignorant & shallow minded a lot of you really are on Nairaland.

Now it isn’t too hard to understand why you & fellow ignoramuses are all suffering in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by gaddafe(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2023
Rostikol:

undecided

Military wey never secure their base finish, Na area you dey talk of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by Validated: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2023
favor914:
Mali & Burkina Faso will seize to exist on the map, it seems you children do not understand the might of your country?

No be only might, na may be. An army that has not defeated ISWAP and Boko Haram that lack fighter jets, armoured tanks and rocket launchers want to defeat Niger/Mali and Burkina faso that is being supported by Russia

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by jflower06(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2023
You need to include Benin Republic to the list oo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by helinues: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2023
So many educated illiterates in Nigeria.

Is Nigeria and Niger have any personal issue for them to go to war?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by Mossadd: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2023
helinues:
So many educated illiterates in Nigeria.

Is Nigeria and Niger have any personal issue for them to go to war?
that's the question you should be asking your foolish Ojuyobo ebola president oponu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by M4A1carbine: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2023
Knockout. Your answer is Savage cool

Mossadd:
that's the question you should be asking your foolish Ojuyobo ebola president oponu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2023
So we need to consider that we would be at with
Cameroon
Chad
Niger
Benin
Burkina Faso
Mali
and Guinea

Meaning the countries left in EcoWAS miltary coalition would number 10
Now if you consider that at least 3 of remaining EcoWAS members are so small or so economically weak that they can make no practical material contribution to any war effort; countries like The Gambia, Cape Verde and Guinea-Bissau,

It means EcoWAS to all intents and purposes are made of 7 countries going up against 7 other countries.
Of course the reality is that Nigeria would be going up against those 7 countries and the others 6 would be moral support.

For what?
Abeg, is that not madness?
jflower06:
You need to include Benin Republic to the list oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by PointB: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2023
I don't think there will be war. The idea has been defeated in Nigeria. And the Nigeriens has had enough time to prepare their defence.

If they haven't, they will use the period of 'negotiation' with ECOWAS to continue such defensive preparation. Niamey is quite close to Burkina Faso, so it's understandable the the Burkinababe will not want such war on their backyard, and it it will also be easy for them to mobilize troops in support of Niger.

As a matter of geography, it will be easier for the Burkina re-enforcement to reach Niamey, before the ECOWAS offensive force will get there. Even the Malian will get to Naimey before the Nigeria soldiers.

If ECOWAS, nay, Nigeria embark on this journey, it will be bloody, and messy, but ECOWAS will triumph, and sack the junta. Then then real war will begin.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by jflower06(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2023
For what?
Abeg, is that not madness?[/quote]

Pure breed
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2023
The way I am seeing this now is like this;

What if this is France way to set a trap for Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by PointB: 10:42am On Aug 20, 2023
When it comes to experience and battle readiness, the Nigeria soldiers can rely on their experience fighting Boko Haram in the North, of course one cannnot allude any millitary experience to shooting unarmed civilians in the South East.

On the part of the opposition, the Nigerien have had successes and meaningful experience with battling insurgent groups. Same can be said of the Malians and lately Burkina Faso. None of these countries have been involved in any recent major war that they can draw experience from.

So I think on a tactical ground, both Nigeria, Mali, Niger, and Burkina seems to be at par. So troop size, equipment, and desire will be a driving factor. If the Nigerien population sees ECOWAS as an occupying force, a message that the junta will be aggressively promoting, then ECOWAS in in for a long ride.

My suggestion: ABORT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by PointB: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2023
worksmart:
The way I amseeing this now is like this;

What if this is France way to set a trap for Nigeria?

France is draining Nigerien resources at an alarming rate with little benefit to this poor third world country. And are not willing to renegotiate fair price with the junta. There is no major trap here for Nigeria, except perhap blackmail of the president. As it stand, Nigeria resources, especially from southern Nigeria is also being drained at the similar rate, again with little benefit to the southern part of Nigeria. The French authority working with the British and to some extent American can simple cajole Nigeria to assist them in this venture - return control of Niger to France, and they will in turn ensure that the Nigeria ruling elite continue their straggle hold on the country resources while they look the other way.

Rub my back, I allow you to loot, and keep you in power. It's a sweet deal, only this time, the Nigeria population is savvy and Tinubu does not have popular support. So it's dicey for him.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the more he dithers, the harder the invasion becomes.
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2023
This is precisely the issue, probably we can swiftly dominate the war zone and even may restore the ousted president, then the problem beins of being bogged down in an insurgency situation that keeps us there for years haemoraging resources including our soldiers lives in a slow drip drip manner over many years.

Or we get there and find the whole thing was a set up to draw us into a war with rance -backed military juntas and the war is taken back to Nigerias territory and huge amounts , like many millions of civilian lives are lost from France bombing straegic dams that can cost millions of lives.
PointB:
When it comes to experience and battle readiness, the Nigeria soldiers can rely on their experience fighting Boko Haram in the North, of course one cannnot allude any millitary experience to shooting unarmed civilians in the South East.

On the part of the opposition, the Nigerien have had successes and meaningful experience with battling insurgent groups. Same can be said of the Malians and lately Burkina Faso. None of these countries have been involved in any recent major war that they can draw experience from.

So I think on a tactical ground, both Nigeria, Mali, Niger, and Burkina seems to be at par. So troop size, equipment, and desire will be a driving factor. If the Nigerien population sees ECOWAS as an occupying force, a message that the junta will be aggressively promoting, then ECOWAS in in for a long ride.

My suggestion: ABORT!
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by PointB: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2023
worksmart:
This is precisely the issue, probably we can swiftly dominate the war zone and even may restore the ousted president, then the problem beins of being bogged down in an insurgency situation that keeps us there for years haemoraging resources including our soldiers lives in a slow drip drip manner over many years.

Or we get there and find the whole thing was a set up to draw us into a war with rance -backed military juntas and the war is taken back to Nigerias territory and huge amounts , like many millions of civilian lives are lost from France bombing straegic dams that can cost millions of lives.

Restore the ousted president? How so? What stops them from shooting him in the middle of war as a 'saboteur'? If the ousted president is in exile, then you can think of restoring him. The president is in the hands of the junta. They'll just point a gun at his head and and ask the ECOWAS soldiers to back off. If the mission is to restore democracy, then that's a different task, but to restore this particular president to power, I struggle to fathom how that is possible.

In actual fighting, it would be foolish on the part of the Nigeriens to fight Nigeria headon, so I think they will prepare their defences first, and when breached resort to guerilla tactics until support from their allies. As long as they can keep Nigeria from retrieving the president from them them, they can keep the fight going. And they have willing citizens on their side.

France is not bombing any dam, the dam in on our side.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by mamaafrik(m): 11:19am On Aug 20, 2023
favor914:
Can you educate us since you no more army general can you enlighten us how is Nigeria's defence Armament is capable of destroying a flight flight coming through the country looking at the experience of boko Haram in kaduna in Abuja taraba e t c.
can you tell us how defensive we are based on the experience of the attack of the Nigerian defence Academy army barracks in kaduna.
Meaning of you we are just plane Runner of mouth like kanji Dam

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by mamaafrik(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2023
gaddafe:

Military wey never secure their base finish, Na area you dey talk of.
don't mind don't mind the fool it's a military that cannot secure the the niger Delta from all pilfering who cannot secure Abuja railway, that cannot take care of her own environment and their barracks that cannot secure Jaji from boko haram and bandit
This brown brain is now claiming one silly military knowledge ,stupid people

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by gaddafe(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2023
mamaafrik:
don't mind don't mind the fool it's a military that cannot secure the the niger Delta from all pilfering who cannot secure Abuja railway, that cannot take care of her own environment and their barracks that cannot secure Jaji from boko haram and bandit
This brown brain is now claiming one silly military knowledge ,stupid people

Na laff I just dey. We know how many times Boko Haram has overrun different military bases in different parts of the country and they are claiming champions. If Boko Haram can gather enough intelligence to overrun a military Base, is it when we are fighting Russia that they will not do same?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2023
I have a feeling (or rather fear) that there would be a war and the real hidden objective is to target Nigeria. I believe this whole crisis may planned and scripted by France and globalists and all key players (including Tinubu and the Niger Junta) are playing out their script, only that they may not all know the full script or the real agenda.

I believe or fear a possible objective of France is massive depopulation of Nigeria. Either way there is no good intention for Nigeria we need to mobilize get on the streets and stop this agenda.
PointB:
I don't think there will be war. The idea has been defeated in Nigeria. And the Nigeriens has had enough time to prepare their defence.

If they haven't, they will use the period of 'negotiation' with ECOWAS to continue such defensive preparation. Niamey is quite close to Burkina Faso, so it's understandable the the Burkinababe will not want such war on their backyard, and it it will also be easy for them to mobilize troops in support of Niger.

As a matter of geography, it will be easier for the Burkina re-enforcement to reach Niamey, before the ECOWAS offensive force will get there. Even the Malian will get to Naimey before the Nigeria soldiers.

If ECOWAS, nay, Nigeria embark on this journey, it will be bloody, and messy, but ECOWAS will triumph, and sack the junta. Then then real war will begin.
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2023
The thing is France and globalists are the major funders of terrorists in Nigeria and and use our immediate francophone neighbours as sanctuaries where they can hide and re-group when our military are on the offensive.

We must not allow Tinubu drag us into any trap laid for Nigeria.

We must get on the streets and make it clear that this proposed military action is a disaster and we are not allowing it.
gaddafe:

Na laff I just dey. We know how many times Boko Haram has overrun different military bases in different parts of the country and they are claiming champions. If Boko Haram can gather enough intelligence to overrun a military Base, is it when we are fighting Russia that they will not do same?
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by BoldBrainz(m): 12:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Is it just me or has Togo been unusually quiet through all of this cacophony?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 21, 2023
worksmart:
The thing is France and globalists are the major funders of terrorists in Nigeria and and use our immediate francophone neighbours as sanctuaries where they can hide and re-group when our military are on the offensive.

We must not allow Tinubu drag us into any trap laid for Nigeria.

We must get on the streets and make it clear that this proposed military action is a disaster and we are not allowing it.
The problem with people like you is you lie lie lie make up conspiracy theories and think there won’t be consequences from it. God forbid people like you running anything. Show me proof of anything you are saying here? You won’t and you don’t see a problem with lying so effortlessly
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by haffaze777(m): 12:22am On Aug 21, 2023
Thank God op said Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by BoldBrainz(m): 12:42am On Aug 21, 2023
The Ecowas sef wey dey busy dey make noise up and down ontop another country problem, has not remembered to go to their home page and change the picture of the Chairman to that of our thieving drug lord.

Be prioritising things wey no concern them!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 12:49am On Aug 21, 2023
can you be specific about what you are accusing me of lying about? Because everything I said is known facts that most people are aware of.
Naijaboy18:

The problem with people like you is you lie lie lie make up conspiracy theories and think there won’t be consequences from it. God forbid people like you running anything. Show me proof of anything you are saying here? You won’t and you don’t see a problem with lying so effortlessly
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 21, 2023
worksmart:
can you be specific about what you are accusing me of lying about? Because everything I said is known facts that most people are aware of.
Facts are backed by evidence and proof not your imagination. Illiterate
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:53am On Aug 21, 2023
worksmart:
EcoWAS is comprised of 15 member countries that do not include Chad and Cameroon.

Since Chad has already stated that they would not join EcoWAS in attacking Niger and Cameroon has not declared it support for EcoWAS.

We have seen how Boko Haram terrorists used Chad and Cameroon as safe havens with the blessing of France and Western globalist countries.

So if truly EcoWAS should attack Niger it needs to assume that the war should extend to all of Nigeria's neighbours who have not pledged to join the war. Which now means that EcoWAS would need to prosecute the war against 5 countries, namely Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
In fact unless I am mistaken, I believe Guinea has already openly declared allegiance to Niger so it means the war would need to be conducted against 6 countries when we include Guinea, remembering that in warfare it is good practice to assume your enemy's friend is also your enemy.

Yes, terrible idea!

The proposed attack on Niger is in itself a terrible idea and should be called off.

Why una dey sabi fear like this? SMH
Re: Nigeria Must Not Consider Military Action In Niger Without Chad And Cameroon by worksmart(m): 1:42am On Aug 21, 2023
You are too ignorant to engage , I pass abeg!
Naijaboy18:

Facts are backed by evidence and proof not your imagination. Illiterate

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Tinubu Contest Again 2027, He Will Win / Kogi Guber: Dino Melaye Slams INEC Chairman Yakubu, Reveals Next Line Of Action / "I Am Ready To Spend $50M To Buy Supreme Court Judgement For Umo Eno",udom Brags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.