Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor (364 Views)

Why We Chose To Become Nigerians – Foreigners / Best Opportunity To Demystify Political Dominance of the core 'North' Is Now / Aisha Buhari: Why I Chose To Be Treated At A Nigerian Private Clinic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by ubox: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2023
I CHOSE TO USE IBOM AIR TO DEMYSTIFY GOVERNANCE, LEAVE MY PREDECESSOR ALONE — GOV ENO

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno, has justified his recent patronage of the State-owned commercial airline, Ibom Air, fir official engagements outside the state, explaining that the gesture was to promote the brand and offer him more insights into the operations of the airline.

He has also confirmed that the immediate past Governor, Udom Emmanuel is not with the official Governor’s jet as being insinuated in some quarters, urging Akwa Ibom people to desist from maliciously induced and baseless allegations that serve no good intent and purpose.

The Governor was fielding questions from newsmen at the Victor Attah Int'l Airport shortly on arrival from official engagements from Abuja.

He explained that his position as Governor of the State, has made him the chief marketing officer of the airline fully owned by the State, stressing that his decision to travel on board IbomAir was to observe the airline’s standard in service delivery, which he described as spectacular and workd- class, which is the reason why the airline is the most preferred by air travelers in the nation.

He used the opportunity to debunk the speculations that he traveled in the public transport because the immediate past governor was in custody of his official jet, describing the speculation as unfounded and baseless.

Pastor Eno wondered what the people would say when he would travel in the soon- to be launched palliative buses that would be introduced to cushion the harsh effects of fuel subsidy removal( will the people then turn around to insinuate that the immediate past governor has taken over his official vehicles?

He maintained that his style of administration is to demystify governance, so as to enable him connect easily with the ordinary people.

"We are promoting Akwa Ibom Brand and the state -owns hundred percent shares in this airline, by virtue of my office , i am the chief marketing officer of the airline if you may ask. My job is to promote our brand.

"We are planning to bring buses as part of the palliative. We are in talks with some companies. When the buses finally come and I board one of those buses, would people now say the immediate past Governor has taken over my official vehicles ?

"There is no truth whatsoever that the immediate past Governor is with our aircraft. This is not just the kind of things we should be talking or arguing about. Akwa Ibom should move beyond this sort of cheap talk.

"Again, I want to put it very clear that everyone has his style of leadership. My own style is to demystify governance. I like to get in contact with people, and I like to be myself. This Government thing will come and go. So what is the big deal?”

Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2023
Hope you pay for your flight ticket o
Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by tollyboy5(m): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2023
Akwa ibom is a wonderful place. I will visit the state in the future. The state i want to avoid is the state some guys were wrongfully accused and beating or burnt to death some years ago despite the presence of people who knew them.
Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by dareyking(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2023
grin
Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by Racoon(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2023
Akwa Ibom boarding Ibom Air.Emmanuel Udom did it. Eno is following in his footsteps of humility. I was on onboard one of their CJR plane enroute Owerri and it was superb as if one is inside an A380 airbus.

I boarded an Air Peace flight with Ugwuanyi the other day. This is how public servants should learn to be conservative with state resources.

1 Like

Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by Hedonisco: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2023
Racoon:
Akwa Ibom boarding Ibom Air.Emmanuel Udom did it. Eno is following in his footsteps of humility. I was on onboard one of their CJR plane enroute Owerri and it was superb as if one is inside an A380 airbus.

I boarded an Air Peace flight with Ugwuanyi the other day. This is how public servants should learn to be conservative with state resources.

Uguwanyi is no longer governor and has no realistic hope for another juicy public office in the near future, hence the need to be wise in managing the little billions he managed to loot.

You wouldn't find the likes of Wike or even Umahi in Air Peace. Those ones na strictly end to end private charter.
Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by SIONKPO1(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2023
Pastor Umo ENO is a very humble man,i think Udom and Akwa Ibomites made the right choice
Re: I Chose To Use Ibom Air To Demystify Governance, — Akwa Ibom State Governor by Chinjo2: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2023
What Federal government could not achieve, Akwa ibom made it happen.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Confesses On The Issue Of Merger / Nigeria Will No Longer Be Associated With Poverty, Terrorism, Fraud - Minister / The 200 Ijaw Villages In Edo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.