Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? (264 Views)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2023
I woke up feeling pain in a part of my body.

I complained to my husband, he jokingly told me, go to church and pray. I smiled.
But I gave it deep thoughts.

Do I have to pray to God to take away the pain or I should just call my doctor to prescribe the right medication for me to take to rid me of the pain?🤔

I thought about the realities of life and decided to call my doctor instead.

One funny prayer point raised in church for pregnant women is, "you'll never go through operation, you'll deliver like the Hebrew women".

My dear go and check if you have a small pelvic because if you do, you'll surely go through operation.

Churches have made many people lose their lives.

Why would someone tell you that you'll never go to the hospital till the end of the year?
Chai! And most people die slowly due to ignorance.
You're supposed to go for medical checkup regularly.

There are some illness that would have been cured if they were discovered on time.
Or some death cases that would have been avoided if the doctors intervened on time.

If you were in my shoe and you needed medical
help, who will you call?
God or Your Doctor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by talented321: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by libertyfather(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2023
without God what can your medical personel do? Go for medical cure and in your mind pray to God being stupid is going to your pastor for prayer if it that serious let the pastor come to hospital to pray for you
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
Let me start by saying this:

1.) Since 2021, I have not taken drugs for any illness whatsoever, not even Panadol, and apart from immunization and visits, I've never been to the hospital. Now the day I decided to stop taking drugs (I dewormed once and happened to eat up someone's vitamin c), I was actually very sick with malaria or something and I had drugs but I made that decision that has kept me till today.
Now it's not all roses, I've experienced strange pains In and out, bone shiftings pains, abdominal disturbance, migraine you name it! I even experienced hypotension and fainted in the bathroom in the middle of the night, strange eye problems, swellings in my mouth (I couldn't chew food anymore) and name any other common illness... In all these, I never ventured into a hospital or bought vitamin c.

2.) My mom has been sick for so so many years (before I was born) and had been taking drugs since, the illness kept getting worse.
She stopped taking those drugs around 2021 or so and she's better than she had been in that era of taking drugs.

Now there's a difference between clout and prophecy/prayers. There's a difference between a Christian and a true Christian... There's a difference between Faith and Wishful Thinking

You're a member of Winners Chapel (rough estimation)
Let me explain the things I've said:

1.)There are cases where pastors actually pray a sincere prayer or declares sincerely what God's Word says (prophecy), there are also cases where pastors shout anything that will please his audience and generate a vibrant response, that's showmanship, a man using microphone and loudspeaker to chase clout. Which one is your pastor?

2.) There's also a difference between Christians — people who claim that they are Children of God, and True Christians — people who are actually trying to live a Christian (Christ-like) life. Which one are you?

3.) Now, Faith is believing in God — that HE IS GOD REGARDLESS. If you don't understand that statement, then you probably don't understand what Faith is yet (we can dwell on this later on).
Wishful thinking is just imagining that there's a possibility of your prayers being answered.
Which one do you possess?

help, who will you call?
God or Your Doctor?

Can you answer my questions, then I'll show you what my answer on this should be wink
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
preciousee17:
Let me start by saying this:

1.) Since 2021, I have not taken drugs for any illness whatsoever, not even Panadol, and apart from immunization and visits, I've never been to the hospital. Now the day I decided to stop taking drugs (I dewormed once and happened to eat up someone's vitamin c), I was actually very sick with malaria or something and I had drugs but I made that decision that has kept me till today.
Now it's not all roses, I've experienced strange pains In and out, bone shiftings pains, abdominal disturbance, migraine you name it! I even experienced hypotension and fainted in the bathroom in the middle of the night, strange eye problems, swellings in my mouth (I couldn't chew food anymore) and name any other common illness... In all these, I never ventured into a hospital or bought vitamin c.

2.) My mom has been sick for so so many years (before I was born) and had been taking drugs since, the illness kept getting worse.
She stopped taking those drugs around 2021 or so and she's better than she had been in that era of taking drugs.

Now there's a difference between clout and prophecy/prayers. There's a difference between a Christian and a true Christian... There's a difference between Faith and Wishful Thinking

You're a member of Winners Chapel (rough estimation)
Let me explain the things I've said:

1.)There are cases where pastors actually pray a sincere prayer or declares sincerely what God's Word says (prophecy), there are also cases where pastors shout anything that will please his audience and generate a vibrant response, that's showmanship, a man using microphone and loudspeaker to chase clout. Which one is your pastor?

2.) There's also a difference between Christians — people who claim that they are Children of God, and True Christians — people who are actually trying to live a Christian (Christ-like) life. Which one are you?

3.) Now, Faith is believing in God — that HE IS GOD REGARDLESS. If you don't understand that statement, then you probably don't understand what Faith is yet (we can dwell on this later on).
Wishful thinking is just imagining that there's a possibility of your prayers being answered.
Which one do you possess?

Can you answer my questions, then I'll show you what my answer on this should be wink

What's the origin of Christianity?
The colonial masters brought it in right?

What if I told you that they used it to control any nation they came into, they teach their language (English), they also teach you to read the bible (reading and writing), control their finances (offerings and Tithes) as well as their behaviours by establishing churches.

They try to scare you with heaven and hell to control your behaviour, so you will want to live right by all means so you wouldn't die or rot in hell.

There's also something called blind faith.
You know the answer but you prefer chasing shadows.

Same bible says, " faith without works is dead"
You can't have faith that you'll pass your exam and refuse to read or study.

You can't have a small pelvic and kill yourself in labour trying to push when you know the baby might die if there's further delay.

You are in serious need of blood but because your spiritual leader preaches against it, you remain on your sick bed and watch yourself die slowly

Pastors collapse in the altar while preaching only to be rushed to the hospital, some even die in the process.
They'll later discover that they were slowing dying of diabetes or hypertension.
I can mention two instances.
One happened here in my locality
Another the Reverend's son of a prominent church.

Nobody is stopping you from refusing to take drugs, meaning, you have a strong immune system.
I know a lady that died of malaria because she didn't go for treatment on time.
Some will say, common malaria.

My point is, some deaths would have been avoided if our so called pastors give the members the right orientation.

Tell the pregnant women in your congregation to go for regular check up, don't make them see operation as curse. It's not their fault that they have a bridged baby or a small pelvic.

A Pastor of winners chapel here in my locality lost his first and second child on delivery, it was the third that stayed with other two he has now.
He is even a medical doctor.

With his experience and faith, why didn't it safe his baby? There are some things that are beyond our control.

Same bible says, "the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

Meaning that;
If things are working out well for you, just know that life is all about time and chance.

Another writing in the bible teaches you to do the right thing at the right time as there's time for everything.
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

What's the origin of Christianity?
The colonial masters brought it in right?

What if I told you that they used it to control any nation they came into, they teach their language (English), they also teach you to read the bible (reading and writing), control their finances (offerings and Tithes) as well as their behaviours by establishing churches.

I always wonder why people just can't separate Christianity from Christianity... The colonial masters did whatever seemed good (according to their plans) for the time. I don't think any sane person that's still holding onto God is doing so because it's a passed down religion or something, I think any Christian who is holding on has a personal experience. (Just like me, no one can convince me that God is f@ke without successfully explaining to me how my divine encounters weren't from God).
Even the doctrines that the white men laid have been almost totally ignored and people instead hold on to what seems better to them. (It's common sense, everyone is walking according to where his/her common sense has led him/her).
We have people following after Catholics, Martin Luther, Azuza Street Revival Preachers and so on... The behavior of most Churches today don't follow the Europeans foundation. (The Europeans missionaries usually brought in their doctors to treat us, instead of praying for divine healing, as you said pastors do.)
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2023

They try to scare you with heaven and hell to control your behaviour, so you will want to live right by all means so you wouldn't die or rot in hell.

Let me know your stand early enough. You don't believe? I don't wish to start arguing that Heaven is real or not grin (lol, I get your point. Although it can be agreed that many pastors don't understand Heaven and Hell, and most believers still see it as a thre@t, instead of a compulsory phase.)
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2023

there's also something called blind faith.
you know the answer but you prefer chasing shadows.

same bible says, " faith without works is dead"
you can't have faith that you'll pass your exam and refuse to read or study.

blind faith and wishful thinking sound similar.
let me assure you, the fact that you know the answer to a problem or not shouldn't dictate how your faith should be. (i'm still thinking of how to define faith to you).
faith is all about knowing:
• what god's will over a matter is
• knowing that god is limitless
• and knowing that he's still god whenever your prayers aren't answered in the way you expected

remember jesus feeding the 5000 or any other similar stuff... jesus knew that they could somehow m@nipulate money and buy food, but he decided to do the bread multiplication method (that seemed harder than raising money). and this same jesus said that we'll do greater things than him .
at this juncture, you should come to realize that faith is holding unto god . if you hold on to him and the god that will heal you after taking drugs, then he will do that for you.
if you hold on to him as a god that helps you get well without drugs, that's how he will work for you.
provided:
• it must be his will
• be sure that you're not merely doing wishful thinking and calling it faith (faith is knowing, not speculating)

i know of people that read minimally because they're doing much of ev@ngelism but their results always come out better than average, the little they read is the little that will be asked
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2023

you can't have a small pelvic and kill yourself in labour trying to push when you know the baby might die if there's further delay.

you are in serious need of blood but because your spiritual leader preaches against it, you remain on your sick bed and watch yourself die slowly

pastors collapse in the altar while preaching only to be rushed to the hospital, some even die in the process.
they'll later discover that they were slowing dying of diabetes or hypertension.
i can mention two instances.
one happened here in my locality
another the reverend's son of a prominent church.

nobody is stopping you from refusing to take drugs, meaning, you have a strong immune system.
i know a lady that died of malaria because she didn't go for treatment on time.
some will say, common malaria.

see where i could easily call a person 'hypocrite'... but nah! smiley
if you know who i am, you wouldn't say i have a strong immune system or not.
i just told you i made that decision on a sick bed, and you're talking about immune system? i agree with you, my immune system has gotten stronger than malaria.
but i think my little faith has become much stronger.
i won't point fingers and try to explain why the lady d!ed, but i can explain that god keeps me alive through the same malaria, even if it means he has made my system more immune.
i don't believe that i won't die. i just know i won't die, and it's going smoothly for some years now. (this is how many people eventually practice true faith — they just know that the thing will work, they don't need to believe specially again.)
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2023

my point is, some deaths would have been avoided if our so called pastors give the members the right orientation.

tell the pregnant women in your congregation to go for regular check up, don't make them see operation as curse. it's not their fault that they have a bridged baby or a small pelvic.

a pastor of winners chapel here in my locality lost his first and second child on delivery, it was the third that stayed with other two he has now.
he is even a medical doctor.

with his experience and faith, why didn't it safe his baby? there are some things that are beyond our control.

same bible says, "the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

meaning that;
if things are working out well for you, just know that life is all about time and chance.

another writing in the bible teaches you to do the right thing at the right time as there's time for everything.

well said. many people fail to identify f@ke churches, f@ke pastors and f@ke christianity... and will “perish because of ignorance.”
faith isn't something that can be explained with guidelines and rules as you try to point otherwise, but it isn't also something that should be abused by people who don't understand it, and people who don't believe.
if you believe in god as the god that will make you deliver with a small pelvis, and you hold on to him as that god, and you confirm that it's his will for you to deliver properly, and you go into that labor room without doubt, and you know that he's still your god regardless... i don't really see why else you won't deliver. i can't even explain cry
ask abraham, he'll tell you how God 'whined' him for about 25 years concerning one son.

if you go into that labor room with doubt, you may come out d€ad...
faith is a relative word...
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by LikeAking: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Ignorant and emotional Nigerians will comment on this topic.

The black man is always getting it wrong.

Op u did the right thing.
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by LikeAking: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2023
preciousee17:

well said. many people fail to identify f@ke churches, f@ke pastors and f@ke christianity... and will “perish because of ignorance.”
faith isn't something that can be explained with guidelines and rules as you try to point otherwise, but it isn't also something that should be abused by people who don't understand it, and people who don't believe.
if you believe in god as the god that will make you deliver with a small pelvis, and you hold on to him as that god, and you confirm that it's his will for you to deliver properly, and you go into that labor room without doubt, and you know that he's still your god regardless... i don't really see why else you won't deliver. i can't even explain cry
ask abraham, he'll tell you how God 'whined' him for about 25 years concerning one son.

if you go into that labor room with doubt, you may come out d€ad...
faith is a relative word...

An your type kill Africa.

Dey play…

How u see the reality of life.

The day you realize we humans are on our own the better.

Stop to Dey loose guard.
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2023
LikeAking:

An your type kill Africa.

Dey play…

How u see the reality of life.

The day you realize we humans are on our own the better.

Stop to Dey loose guard.

Ha! grin
My type kill Africa but I never die yet?

I wonder how people who try to live a good life are killing this your Africa
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by TenQ: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2023
RevenuesBoost:
I woke up feeling pain in a part of my body.

I complained to my husband, he jokingly told me, go to church and pray. I smiled.
But I gave it deep thoughts.

Do I have to pray to God to take away the pain or I should just call my doctor to prescribe the right medication for me to take to rid me of the pain?🤔

I thought about the realities of life and decided to call my doctor instead.

help, who will you call?
God or Your Doctor?
And you think your husband is wise with his statement !?
SMH!

If you need an Architect for your Building design, do you call a Doctor?

If you need a welding job done, do you call a Lecturer?

If you don't have food in your house, do you call the President Tinubu?

Can you see how stupid the statement of your husband is.

If you have a spiritual problem, it makes sense to CALL God: especially if you think that your health problem is spiritually induced.

I conclude that it is either this your post is a Quark or you are as Intelligent as your husband!
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by RevenuesBoost(f): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2023
TenQ:

And you think your husband is wise with his statement !?
SMH!

If you need an Architect for your Building design, do you call a Doctor?

If you need a welding job done, do you call a Lecturer?

If you don't have food in your house, do you call the President Tinubu?

If you have a spiritual problem, it makes sense to CALL God: especially if you think that your health problem is spiritually induced.

I conclude that it is either this your post is a Quark or you are as Intelligent as your husband!

Read my write-up again and confirm the word "jokingly"
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by TenQ: 9:27am On Aug 21, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

Read my write-up again and confirm the word "jokingly"
I saw the word "jokingly" : I reacted because you seem to take the jokingly serious by asking us the relating question

You said:
help, who will you call?
God or Your Doctor?
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by RevenuesBoost(f): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2023
TenQ:

I saw the word "jokingly" : I reacted because you seem to take the jokingly serious by asking us the relating question

You said:

My husband obviously knew that I had call our doctor.
He jokes usually, I know he meant the exact opposite of what he said.

I asked that question because I want to know peoples' opinion of how they would have reacted to such issue.
Would they have called their doctor or go to church and pray?

You've said your own opinion, it's cool, I'm not judging you, every human is entitled to his or her own choices
Re: If You Needed Medical Help, Who Would You Call On? God Or Your Doctor? by TenQ: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2023
RevenuesBoost:

My husband obviously knew that I had call our doctor.
He jokes usually, I know he meant the exact opposite of what he said.

I asked that question because I want to know peoples' opinion of how they would have reacted to such issue.
Would they have called their doctor or go to church and pray?

You've said your own opinion, it's cool, I'm not judging you, every human is entitled to his or her own choices
It is okay my sister: no offence intended!

I assumed you were asking the question as a "wannabe atheist" on Nairaland.

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Can A Man Cheat God? / A Paint Of Rice Is #7500 / Who Can Interpret This Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.