Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together (1570 Views)

Let Learn Artificial Neutral Network / Let's Learn Python Together / Let Learn Java Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by BenKhalifa95: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
Interested
drabfemmy:
Hey guys. If you're interested in learning cyber security or hacking , hmu. let's tow the path together.
I have got the road map, gotten from experienced senior analysts.
I just started few days ago and I thought it could be awesome if I create a group and we learn together. We can share ideas, links to download resources and other things that can enable the development of our learning.

Note. This is not for those that will start asking "how can we hack Facebook and Instagram".

This is the roadmap
Networking fundamentals ( This is very essential and compulsory)
Google dorking
Linux (Compulsory)
Python, c#, c++ ( You can chose only python if you want)
Bash scripting
HTB, to test your knowledge
And other stuff.

Then, you can choose which field you want to follow. It can either you be in a red or a blue team.

Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by BenKhalifa95: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
Interested...08185441240...pls add me up
drabfemmy:
Hey guys. If you're interested in learning cyber security or hacking , hmu. let's tow the path together.
I have got the road map, gotten from experienced senior analysts.
I just started few days ago and I thought it could be awesome if I create a group and we learn together. We can share ideas, links to download resources and other things that can enable the development of our learning.

Note. This is not for those that will start asking "how can we hack Facebook and Instagram".

This is the roadmap
Networking fundamentals ( This is very essential and compulsory)
Google dorking
Linux (Compulsory)
Python, c#, c++ ( You can chose only python if you want)
Bash scripting
HTB, to test your knowledge
And other stuff.

Then, you can choose which field you want to follow. It can either you be in a red or a blue team.

Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by SageWithSarcasm(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by Yungbliss(m): 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
Add me: 08023707423
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by Emenet(m): 6:15am On Sep 27, 2023
08136635133 pls add me
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by chibnnodi: 7:24am On Sep 27, 2023
I'm interested, please.

Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by giggspro(m): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
Please add me 09054470469
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by plannetdom(m): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
I'm interested, add me 08035850760
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by linconab(m): 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
Interested...08076861324
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by bigbasho: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
add 08051152026
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by Taystee: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
Viicfuntop:

Hello. I hope you’re well. Please, I need your expert opinion (a technical person) regarding an issue. I would be grateful if you reply.
So I have been using Globacom for 3 years. Over the last one year, I have had a back and forth with Globacom regarding some issues from their own end. I have had to involve NCC multiple times in the past for my complaint to be resolve. Last Wednesday, my number was restricted from making calls. I wasn’t too bothered about it until last Friday. I decided to send an official mail to globacom as I was unable to even make a call to them.

I copied NCC in the mail stating the issue. In summary I told them they had no right to bar/restrict my line without a prior notification. This particular customer representative replied my mail directly to NCC (As in Dear NCC instead of Dear Viicfuntop). The rep directed NCC to advise me to recharge my line as I had low airtime. I was confident the restriction message was not because of low airtime. I went on to buy airtime just to be sure and I waited for two hours before trying to call out.
The restriction was was still there. I took a screenshot and attached it to my next mail with NCC still in company and this particular customer rep again told ncc to advise me to recharge my line. At this point, I was pissed. I sent another mail to the mail showing them that i had more than enough credit to call for three hours. I attached another evidence but I didn’t get a reply. Another representative replied me on Sunday. My nin is not properly linked to my number.
Last year, most of the telecom companies sent out a ussd code for linking individual’s NIN to their number. I didn't know mine was not Linked properly. It’s doesn’t justify the restriction though.

This is where I need your opinion. On Saturday, I received a cryptic message from globacom sms thread but I didn’t take it serious. Around 1:00 AM today, from globacom’s sms thread, I was called a dummy twice and i was migrated to another plan. I found it weird. In the three years I have been using globacom, I have never received any message that was not official. If I didn’t have this issue with globacom, I wouldn’t take ITV serious. My friend who’s a software engineer said it might be a mistake from the engineer. Apparently when software engineers are testing a new product, they use dummy as a term but the engineer probably forgot to toggle something off
Another friend on the other side who is a network engineer said it’s impossible for globacom to make such mistake. Worse case scenario, they use test test or another phrase. It’s highly unlikely that Will happen. He said the dummy statement might be an insult from the customer representative that attended to me initially. Engineers never talk to customer but I don’t think a customer care representative will have the technical expertise to modify a text from the sms thread to a customer.

I’m conflicted between these two opinions. It’s too coincidental to be ignored. Eventually if my other friend was right, then that’s data breach from globacom. We have a new update to our data protection law in Nigeria. This person literally has my data in their database. I checked with five other glo customer users. No one received the cryptic message and the dummy statement if indeed it was a software engineering mistake from their end.
I have attached evidence for your peruse. Thank you.

Apologies for the long read. I just want to know if it is worth escalating to the right authorities. Thank you.

Create a thread for this...
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by drabfemmy(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2023
Good morning guys. Will be adding those numbers to the group
Re: Let's Learn Cybersecurity Together by drabfemmy(m): 8:57am On Sep 30, 2023
https://chatdotwhatsappdotcom/KfMMoUYTA3d10UjOqrqH3Z
Replace the "dot" with "."
That's the WhatsApp group

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Concurrency And How Does Your Language Tackle It? / Help, Please Save My Future / Help : Editing A Html Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.