Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips (21738 Views)

Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms / CBN On Fire - No Fire Scare At Central Bank Of Nigeria - Confirmed Reports / A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by lexy2014: 5:47am On Aug 22, 2023
SmartPolician:
I would have asked Tinubu to extend the same to government officials in ministeries. But considering that he's the traveller-in-chief, it's just a waste of time.

Which Tinubu?
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by lexy2014: 5:50am On Aug 22, 2023
inoki247:
Lol na Bankers runs legit scam pass...

From Cash Scarcity to Forex fraud....

Why has no one been arrested?

How did they cause cash scarcity?
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by yewit37486: 5:50am On Aug 22, 2023
lexy2014:

Did u even the story? What was achieved with d so called ban?

Try to read before running to display sycophancy

As in. It's so irritating, trying to mislead people with a "non-news". Now I know for a fact that many of these guys here are not only paid but also given targets to spread propaganda no matter how senseless it is.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by lexy2014: 5:54am On Aug 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

/

What a load of contradiction and trash

It has also come to light that some bank executives were involved in illicit activities such as round-tripping and money laundering after the CBN released forex to the banks.

You accuse people of money laundering and they can't be arrested. The best is ban

The travel ban on bank managing directors, which was enacted on July 5, was only lifted last Tuesday after a meeting between Acting CBN Governor Folashodun Shonubi and President Tinubu.

What then was the usefulness of the ban?

2 Likes

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by obyno82: 5:57am On Aug 22, 2023
flexyrule:
The government cannot declare the parallel market illegal because the CBN would not be able to cater for the dollar needs of the country.

Moreso, most of the BDCs are owned by top politicians and friends/relatives of top CBN officials.

Are you asking them to fight themselves?

That is the problem here. Until there is sincerity from government the rates will drop. These politicians and corrupt men will be forced to bring out the dollars they have kept for arbitrage and the market will be awash with dollars forcing the rates down.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 22, 2023
The Naira floating policy of Tinubu is also a direct cause's of the rise in dollar exchange? Stop chasing clout.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Coolgent(m): 6:16am On Aug 22, 2023
Banks chiefs are part of the numerous problem of this country
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by phemmie06(m): 6:38am On Aug 22, 2023
This directive should be given to all our political office holder, appointees and senior staff in the public sectors. No private amenities should be made available for them

1 Like

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2023
Naijanascam:
Let it be extended to all office Holders both Elected officials and Appointed from top to bottom......if they are serious
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by XAUBulls: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2023
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Ahigbo1: 7:01am On Aug 22, 2023
This ban should also include political office holders, but for diplomatic trips.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by stevups(m): 7:01am On Aug 22, 2023
leisuretym:

You are on autopilot, obi is not a magician, it will shock you, we pray the tribunal favor him

Say Obi the party crasher? As in mogbo moya
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by onez: 7:11am On Aug 22, 2023
This babablu will destroy the remaining economy before he leaves office. Very useless fellow.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by BarrElChapo(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/why-central-bank-of-nigeria-barred-bank-executives-from-overseas-trips/

Today is the 22nd of August.

No arrest, the dollar is going back up.

This article is stale already.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by MarketDispatch: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2023
[quote auth
[/quote]

However, banks deviated from the FX policy by extending the processing time for accessing FX for international school fees paid via Form A from 48 hours to 120 days.

If banks will not allow CBN forex policies work,

Then my idea is for CBN to create Jobs by Employing Nigerian youths and establishing CBN Forex. These way Forex sales is taken off the banks directly but handled by CBN.

These employed Youths (2 per branch) and CBN Forex desk will be placed in all the bank branches nationwide. The CBN forex desk/employees will process and sell forex directly to customers following CBN rules and policies, compliance in place because they are direct CBN employees. Their monthly Salary will come from the 2.5% allowable markup on all Forex sales from CBN. Any employee that misbehaves will be prosecuted and fired.

Just thinking.....

1 Like

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by MTNnews: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2023
The bullion van is fresh on your memory but not a single Kobo of your fathers money was in it but the Pandora criminal looting over ₦250 million monthly cash from Anambra coffers for solid 8 years will never be on your mind out of irredeemable bigotry n hate.

I no sure say your papa head fit correct till Jesus returns.

Okwyjesus:
The govt has a burden of integrity on her neck. All this harassment is not aligning to many considering the perception of the occupant of Aso Rock.

The bullion van on the eve of election four years ago is still fresh in my memory.

I wish him well

2 Likes

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by DrAda(f): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2023
leisuretym:

You are on autopilot, obi is not a magician, it will shock you, we pray the tribunal favor him

A valid concern but he has always had the good sense to hire competent staff and most importantly, he demands results.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Yankee101: 7:25am On Aug 22, 2023
Locking Emefiele alone isn’t right
Some of these CEOs need to join him
They worked together
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by MTNnews: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2023
I do not know what was achieved but I know that I bought dollar at ₦940 to a dollar about two weeks ago but dollar is back at ₦700 now.

lexy2014:

Did u even the story? What was achieved with d so called ban?

Try to read before running to display sycophancy

1 Like

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Afolabimills(m): 7:29am On Aug 22, 2023
Okwyjesus:
The govt has a burden of integrity on her neck. All this harassment is not aligning to many considering the perception of the occupant of Aso Rock.

The bullion van on the eve of election four years ago is still fresh in my memory.

I wish him well
why are some of u igbos filled with hate vengeful ungratefulness deep in ur souls u act as if u are saints n holy u cried 4over 8yrs under buhari govt Fulani dis Fulani dat now it's getting clear to so many Nigerians despite our closeness as colleagues business associates etc because of election n a yoruba man emerges as d winner common Nigerians who supports n bliv in asiwaju wether any tribes is now ur enemies u insults demonise our pride n tribe I feel so sad sharing a country with most of u igbos in my house by d grace of God I rent house for any tribe and religion including igbo families my daughter friend in school is staying under my roof I n my wife feed n treat her like hours what's wrong with u people?

1 Like

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by ppogba: 7:30am On Aug 22, 2023
Okwyjesus:

I wish him well

Since your memory is still fresh, you will do well to tell us of any govt in Nigeria that never had a moral burden of intergrity on it's neck on assumption of office.

We are waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by MTNnews: 7:31am On Aug 22, 2023
Indeed n this is the reason UK Next went bankrupt where he was almost jailed like a criminal on one of his trip.

Next mall Abuja is burnt to the ground over two years now he is unable to rebuild when the clown refuse to pay insurance thinking it's a waste of money not knowing his overwise his only fooling his foolish soul.

Same clown invested billions into brewery the said investment is now worth nothing but na that kind person foolish fools will be hyping that he is a good manager while insulting Tinubu that invest millions into Econet to ripe billions but bigotry hate n jealousy as blinded nearly all igbos. Competent staff n demand result my foot.

DrAda:

A valid concern but he has always had the good sense to hire competent staff and most importantly, he demands results.
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Afolabimills(m): 7:33am On Aug 22, 2023
Authoreety:
Good, I like this
it's a pity most of u igbos now think with ur brains upside-down chai hate has eaten deep into ur souls
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by MrsTwrite(f): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2023
Where are they running to?😂
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by ppogba: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2023
Yankee101:
Locking Emefiele alone isn’t right
Some of these CEOs need to join him
They worked together

If they are guilty as you want us to believe then, Emefiele should suffer alone BECAUSE HE WAS GUILTY OF REGULATORY NEGLIGENCE.

A CBN GOVERNOR that knows his job WILL NEVER sleep whilst all that goes on.

Where was the supervision? Where was the control?
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Gratefullheart: 7:37am On Aug 22, 2023
obyno82:

Please all that one is balderdash trust me. It is not banks that caused the exchange rate to tank against the naira. The real issue is the arbitrage caused by the large gap between parallel market and I&E window of the CBN. If truly the government wants to unify the rate come out and declare parallel market illegal and urge everyone to use the I&E rate as the official rate. As we speak the CBN still uses NAFEX rate but on paper you announced to the whole world that I&E window is the only rate, so who is deceiving who?
The truth is that the government does not have enough supply of dollar to meet all foreign transaction,hence the govt still needs the bureau de change..
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by ppogba: 7:39am On Aug 22, 2023
obyno82:

That is the problem here. Until there is sincerity from government the rates will drop. These politicians and corrupt men will be forced to bring out the dollars they have kept for arbitrage and the market will be awash with dollars forcing the rates down.

The plus and minus of the exchange rate fluctuation boils down to the greed, wickedness and gluttony of the political elite.
Just forget every other postulations.

The sleeze that goes on in CBN is better imagined than experienced.

1 Like

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by lexy2014: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2023
MTNnews:
I do not know what was achieved but I know that I bought dollar at ₦940 to a dollar about two weeks ago but dollar is back at ₦700 now.

Was at the bank you bought dollar for 940?

Where is dollar being sold at 700naira?

1 Like

Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by lexy2014: 7:53am On Aug 22, 2023
Gratefullheart:
The truth is that the government does not have enough supply of dollar to meet all foreign transaction,hence the govt still needs the bureau de change..

How do you know that the government doesn't have enough supply of dollar to meet all foreign transaction?

Who is responsible for the government not having enough supply of dollar to meet all foreign transaction?
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2023
So the ban have been lifted, what was the effect of the questioning? Did they find the culprits? Did the naira stabilise?

I was hoping to read what they discovered o, or even see the effect on the naira rate

If you banned them from travelling because you believed they were involved in some criminal activities, then you questioned them, and at the end of the ban and questioning, you didn't find anything and the naira keeps falling, does that mean the banks are not the cause?
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by DrAda(f): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2023
MTNnews:
Indeed n this is the reason UK Next went bankrupt where he was almost jailed like a criminal on one of his trip.

Next mall Abuja is burnt to the ground over two years now he is unable to rebuild when the clown refuse to pay insurance thinking it's a waste of money not knowing his overwise his only fooling his foolish soul.

Same clown invested billions into brewery the said investment is now worth nothing but na that kind person foolish fools will be hyping that he is a good manager while insulting Tinubu that invest millions into Econet to ripe billions but bigotry hate n jealousy as blinded nearly all igbos. Competent staff n demand result my foot.

I tendered my opinion and you have tendered yours. I hope you feel better now
Re: Why Central Bank Of Nigeria Barred Bank Executives From Overseas Trips by gabbytabby: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2023
If you use common sense you would understand why money needed to be available to as a minimum transport party agents to polling units and some stipend hence no need to be jumping up at the sight of a bullion van.

You were jealous at not being at the receiving end or you think they need your permission to organise how they choose to organise.

Make you mind your business and keep it moving.

Okwyjesus:

I wish him well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

St. Rita Multipurpose Cooperative / How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar / The Entrepreneur's Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.