Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. (266 Views)

Tinubu Opens Land, Air Borders With Niger Rep, Lifts Other Sanctions / El-rufai Warns ECOWAS: Military Intervention In Niger Is War Between Brothers / Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Letโ€™s Be Our Brothers' Keeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by Penguin2: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2023
They have called those not supporting war in Niger Republic unpatriotic .

Some have called them IPOB.

I suppose Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has joined IPOB.

Nobody, except Tinubu Welcome Song Singers, is supporting any iota of use of force in Niger.
TUESDAY THOUGHT: As ECOWAS beats the drums of war, I recall the 1970s rock classic by Dire Straits - โ€˜Brothers in Armsโ€™, because a war within our subregion is a war between brothers. Indeed, the people of Niger Republic are one and the same with those living in Northern Nigeria. Let us bend therefore over backwards to avoid this civil war between brothers.

And so for this bright Tuesday, please enjoy this classic and reflect on the equally timeless lyrics. Music is something to enjoy, but being so overwhelmed with public affairs in the last 10 years, I have lost valuable pleasurable moments. Time to catch up on lost time. Enjoy!! Life is too short not too!! - @ elrufai

Brothers in Arms - by Dire Straits

These mist covered mountains
Are a home now for me
But my home is the lowlands
And always will be
Someday you'll return to
Your valleys and your farms
And you'll no longer burn to be
Brothers in arms

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged high
And though they did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones
Now the sun's gone to hell and
The moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Mark Knopfler
Brothers in Arms lyrics ยฉ Universal Music Publishing Group

youtu.be/9ykZc5E6UEE
https://twitter.com/elrufai/status/1693849186662330507?s=46&t=2AB_wrBea-oBYJf5ZCFV-A

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by TemplarLandry: 11:31am On Aug 22, 2023
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 22, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by helinues: 11:35am On Aug 22, 2023
Toh
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by Judekenny: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2023
This man eeh
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by slivertongue: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2023
There won't be a war
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by Novarisammy2: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
chameleon
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by Penguin2: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2023
helinues:
Toh

Itโ€™s not Toh.

Tell Tinubu to invade Niger if them born am well.
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by AlexBells(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2023
The North is Woke, Tinubu better strike today or forget his second term if at all he is not stopped at the tribunal, the North remembers.
Re: War With Niger Republic Is War With Our Brothers - El-rufai. by Maxymilliano(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2023
El-Rufai sure has a taste for good music's ...

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This? / Deji Adeyanju Defends Tinubu's Victory, Asserts Peter Obi Can Never Become Presi / โ€˜this Is Right Time To Invest In Nigeriaโ€™ โ€” Elumelu Tells Indian Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.