Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian (2850 Views)

Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa / FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2011
On the story making the rounds about
refineries in Indonesia,the story is false.The
NNPC has issued a statement.Details in
tomorrow's papers.
By Build up Nigerian
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by wesley80(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2011
Did they even have to? Only the usual forum 'Dumb Vultures' believed it anyway. Vultures will remain Vultures and will always feed on carcasses, their very existence and relevance depends on it.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
The news have been given me headache since morning. I've been drinking Panadol.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by jmaine: 12:36am On Oct 14, 2011
kenis:

The news have been given me headache since morning. I've been drinking Panadol.

You had spare time and energy to even worry about this junk report . . .discerning minds without mischief should have seen it coming . . . Some senile nairalanders feed on false news like this . . .
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by EkoIle1: 5:41am On Oct 14, 2011
The usual idiots and their goofy noise.

Must these worthless clowns blame other people for their crooked government's actions?

Nigeria to invest Rp 24t in Indonesian refinery deal

The Jakarta Post | Wed, 10/12/2011 2:19 PM
A | A | A |

Nigeria plans to invest Rp 24 trillion (US$2.68 billion) in Indonesia to fund the construction of three oil refineries, an official says.

The Industry Ministry's director general for manufacturing-based industry, Panggah Susanto, was quoted by kompas.com as saying that both countries had agreed to build the refineries in Indonesia.

Nigeria, which produces 2.6 million barrels of oil per day (bpd), was looking for a partner to refine its crude oil, Panggah said.

"Previously they wanted the refineries to be built in Nigeria," he said Tuesday. "However, as Indonesia is currently improving its downstream industry, Indonesia wanted the refineries to be built here instead."

The refineries, which are projected to produce 300 bpd each, will be used to process crude oil from Nigeria.

"State firm PT Pertamina will buy the crude oil from Nigeria and process it here," he said.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/10/12/nigeria-invest-rp-24t-indonesian-refinery-deal.html

So who cooked up the story? Indonesia or the Nigerian people?

And who is lying? Nigeria or Indonesia?
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Rhino5dm: 6:07am On Oct 14, 2011
Now what next? this government in her usual way of looking for scape gaot is at it again. The other day was a display of shameful comedy scripted by the presidency to lie against Hayundai Heavy Corporation.

It is either we are buying fuel from Niger Republic, importing "assorted" waste bin from UK or building refinery in Indonesia. can you believe this? Is this the fresh air?

If they can approve a billion naira worth of waste bin contract from UK, then it is only fool will doubt this story.

Disregard any press statement from that shameless NNPC, . it is call damage control. smh.

Thank goodness they didnt shift this one to the ghost of Yar adua. . .since its now away out of their mess, to heap blames on Yar adua.

Everything about Nigerian government is a joke . What a shame.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by kabba7(m): 6:11am On Oct 14, 2011
This is a serious matter. Maybe with the talks around that OBJ has refinery{s}offshore GEJ feel he too should have his because that is the only reseanable guess. Meanwhile not too long ago Nigerians read {S R} of Patience launching 2 ships are they carrying crude oil?. The Arabs are having their spring we could be heading for ours. I think the national assembly need to investigate this issues .
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Parisgoodman(m): 6:12am On Oct 14, 2011
hmmmmm na evrytin we go hear, thank god i'm alredy livin my life in my dreams.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Pukkah: 6:18am On Oct 14, 2011
Ok, it's not true that they are building or they want to build refineries in Nigeria, where are the ones for/in Nigeria? Government should do the right thing instead of issuing glib rebuttals. Is it not shameful that we are importing fuel from wherever?

It is corruption that will bring Nigeria to its knees.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2011
mockers on newspaper grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Beaf: 8:11am On Oct 14, 2011
Eko TO[b]ILE[/b]T.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by AlanF100: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2011
Why is GEJ government statements always dogged with controversies and inconsistencies? The sources of this news are clearly credible and some form of agreement must have been handed-out by FGN.

Jonathan should take a stock of all approved/proposed projects and MoD with his eggheads and make sure everyone understands what is happening where and when. I cant stop wondering what these people do in their offices from 8:30am to 5pm everyday.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Beaf: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2011
AlanF100:

Why is GEJ government statements always dogged with controversies and inconsistencies? The sources of this news are clearly credible and some form of agreement must have been handed-out by FGN.

Jonathan should take a stock of all approved/proposed projects and MoD with his eggheads and make sure everyone understands what is happening where and when. I cant stop wondering what these people do in their offices from 8:30am to 5pm everyday.

"Oh, why is it a lie? it would have been sooooooooooooo interesting!". . . cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by ektbear: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2011
So who is lying? The Indonesians, or the Nigerian gov't?

Both cannot be telling the truth.

And if it is the Indonesians making up stories, then where did they get this idea from?
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by ektbear: 8:43am On Oct 14, 2011
Didn't we just have a similar incident recently with the Japanese, Mitsubishi?

I wonder why all these. . . incidents, let's call them, keep happening.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by AlanF100: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

So who is lying? The Indonesians, or the Nigerian gov't?

Both cannot be telling the truth.

And if it is the Indonesians making up stories, then where did they get this idea from?

I am sorry, judging by my President's antecedents. I can categorically assert WE ARE THE ONE LYING
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by kulutempa: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2011
If the story is really false, the sensible thing to do would be for the government to summon the Indonesian ambassador and lodge a complaint against the article in the Jakarta post which could damage diplomatic relations between the two countries. I bet nothing of the sort will happen.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by doctokwus: 9:45am On Oct 14, 2011
kulutempa:

If the story is really false, the sensible thing to do would be for the government to summon the Indonesian ambassador and lodge a complaint against the article in the Jakarta post which could damage diplomatic relations between the two countries. I bet nothing of the sort will happen.
Just like d gestapo stye of hounding journalists and glibbly denying news items wt press releases by aides whose whole acquisitions in life depend on d crumbs frm d paymasters tables;if u feel something is false take it to court,with d millions available to hire 10SANs at d same time,u are bound to win;but of course with d likelihood of d truth being exposed,even if only partly,they wud rather issue releases and hope nigerians wud forget when d next news item or d vagaries of life kp them occupied;unfortunately it is a strategy that has has bn proved and tested by many in power
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Gbenge77(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2011
Seriously,nigerians should be scandalized about this.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Kx: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2011
Do the people in govt say the truth when selfish interest reigns supreme?
Did anybody expect government to say this story is true?
Some years from now, the truth will be known.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 14, 2011
Why are you guyz so senseless, Go through Xterday Punch newspaper, Nonsense!!!
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by 2sleek2NV(m): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2011
there will always be a denial but eventually the truth will prevail.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Ayowumie(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2011
2sleek2NV:

there will always be a denial but eventually the truth will prevail.

I for once, doubt NNPC story. It is called damage control. The story originated from Jakarta post. So, who is lying?
jmaine:

. . .discerning minds without mischief should have seen it coming . . . Some senile nairalanders feed on false news like this . . .
I wouldnt blame you much for that. What is your definition of false news? News without source or source you dont trust or source not from govt?

How are you sure that what NNPC just said is not false? Didnt Nigeria under Akunyili decide to import 1Billion naira worth of waste bins from UK? If they could even think of that, tell me the outrageous things they cant conceive.
To these people, it is never about a collective good, it is about their selfish interests.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by MMM2(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2011
9ja na una way angry
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Dauchman(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
Why is the story false, because the NNPC says its not true

IF uou do not think the Nigerian govt can do such then you must be living on another planet or simply senile!!!

I am very sure the only people who do not believe the story could be true are the GEJ blind supporters.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
Let the Indonesians rebut the story, since it came from their country.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by gmolen(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2011
It better be false.
Re: Refineries In Indonesia Is False - Build Up Nigerian by tete7000(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
N

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read ! Before You Go Out For Any Protest: / FG To Remove Tankers And Other Articulated Vehicles From Apapa / MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.