Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Need Help With Phantosmia - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Need Help With Phantosmia (167 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Phantosmia by Stephench: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
I've been dealing with ongoing health issues for quite some time now, specifically typhoid and malaria since around 2010. Despite seeking treatment from hospitals, pharmacies, and even trying herbal medicine, the conditions persisted. Then, in 2020 during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic, while undergoing treatment for typhoid and malaria, something unsettling occurred. I went for another treatment which include 3 days of injection and tablets. I drove myself to the hospital for the 3 days treatment. On the fourth day - a day after the treatment, after waking up, I felt a strange heaviness and emptiness in my head when attempting to stand up. This sensation was accompanied by smelling odors that others couldn't detect.

I chose to stay home, hoping to recover, but this state persisted for about a week. I had close calls with danger, even narrowly escaping being hit by a truck when I attempted to drive myself. I eventually returned to the hospital but couldn't find relief. Doctors had different theories, attributing the smell issue to phantosmia caused by bacteria or to peptic ulcer. Despite undergoing numerous tests and treatments across Nigeria and Europe, the condition remains unchanged, greatly affecting my quality of life.

Doctors, any insights into what might be happening to me? The phantosmia is what bothers me most. Could it be caused ulcer? Did I suddenly develop ulcer after taking antibiotics? And does ulcer cause phantosmia?
Re: Need Help With Phantosmia by Teetee777: 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Can you try the herb remedy? If yes, chat me
Re: Need Help With Phantosmia by Stephench: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2023
Teetee777:
Can you try the herb remedy? If yes, chat me
Please specify what the herb remedy is about and what it's for!

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Consuming Bread And Sugary Beverages Mindfully For Optimal Health / Cleaning Company Qatar In Doha / Red Bean Soup Benefits For Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.