Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic (24137 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / African Union Summit Reverses Decision On Israel’s Observer Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Boldtrust(m): 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
doghorp:

Go and read about the French speaking countries and see what France has done to them post colonial then you will that they are tired of been slave to France have you ask your self how these french speaking county are still using CFA till date while is Nigeria not using pound this France want to push bother to fight each other Bleep the west they are in Africa to steal our wealth and take to West for industrialization.

you don't sound like you know half of what I know about the so called French's atrocities in Africa. I don't support France. I support the people of Niger who deserve peace and freedom, I do not support the criminal who's holding the government at gun point, I do not support replacing France with Russia and its criminal organization called Wagner. Africans should learn to solve their problems independently and stop the art of replacing one slave master with another.

2 Likes

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Omodua(m): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Emekus92:

Are u an illiterate?

What positive impact have they had on Niger

Rubbish union
Indeed, rubbish Union AU.

No positive impact on the people of Niger and they are making noise.

Tueh!

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Bigshots001(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
Peppysco:

You don't understand, 'Ebola' used his position as ECOWAS chairman as well as Nigeria's military and economic influence to looby both the A.U and ECOWAS to impose trade sanctions on Niger in order to force the coupists to reconsider their actions. Wars are not only fought in the batlle field, trade wars in some cases are also as devastating as an all out military warfare. But you won't understand, since nor be spare parts matter or Akube clothes we dey discuss for here.

You that know much about wars and economic sanctions, how come those economic sanctions imposed on Russia since last year didn't dwindle the Russian economy,rather it was the EU and the US it affected the most, Tinubu as the chairman of the ECOWAS said he will interven with ECOWAS standby Army in Niger to restore Bouzom in Power, how come he hasn't walked his talk..and you're here trying to twist the whole narrative typical agbado apologist.
Didn't he know that it wouldn't be a walk in park for him..these sanctions wouldn't deter these guys, rather it will hardened them and make them resort to other alternative means to survive,at the end of the day ECOWAS and AU will loose its relevance in Africa.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by skyman200(m): 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
These are the real puppet to the White and later they will be shouting that they are not being treated well in Europe, useless Union,they are acting the script given to them by their white god.

2 Likes

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by 90dbest: 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
Who African union help.

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by luckyz4rea(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
As I was reading it I was thinking of those local dogs that bark at you but when you approach them they keep quiet and run inside 😁

2 Likes

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Bigshots001(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Why weren't all these sanctions meted out to BurkinaFaso and Mali for their own coups? Why only Niger Republic? Is there something the French and the Americans are not telling us? What is there in Niger Republic that their coup is getting attention from left and right like this?

There's absolutely a Western imperialist's interest in that country, this thing is a game of chess, it's not unconnected to the Russian and Ukrainian war..the gas pipeline and the Uranium...
Left for Tinubu he wouldn't care too much other than send delegates and pursue the issue diplomatically, and focus on our own internal problem which is getting worse daily,but the man is seriously under pressure by the west to satisfy their selfish interest in that country.

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Peppysco: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kukutenla:

Ok. It's Tinubu that's influencing sanctions now.
I hope if it backfires you won't say it's AU and Ecowas o
You Tinubu goons are usually quick to attribute every success to Tinubu and divorce him of responsibility when things go south.
I'm sure if Buhari had performed well, you lots would have deafened the media space with how he's a product of Tinubu's talent hunting ability

Hmmm, you guys don't understand the power of economic and military influence in world politics. America, being the largest contributor to the I.M.F, U.N & WORLD BANK dictates their lending policies. Same as Nigeria, the country is the biggest economy and the largest contributor to the regional bloc and also with immense influence over the A.U.
This means that the country has a large influence over the actions and decisions of the 2 economic institutions in Africa.
Not forgetting that the Nigerian president is even the chairman of ECOWAS, nor dey dull yourself na. Nigeria can influence the continent's economic relationship with any member country, whether good or bad. You all need to understand how influential the country is in Africa, no matter how bad many of you desperately try to make her look.

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Treadway: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
Rubbish.
Where was this same African union when Libya was attacked by NATO all because gadaffi was planning of establishing an African currency.
African union all ran away when the chairman of the union (gadaffi) was attacked and killed.
African union is a big disgrace to Africa.
well said.

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Boldtrust(m): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Niger military rulers should stand their ground gidigba, like Russian President Vladimir Putin did.Nothing else would happen,apart from sanctions and suspension.If it comes to war, don't be surprised that their soldiers would thoroughly thrash the military force of the useless ECOWAS, even more with the backup of the Russian mercenary group Wagner.
Nothing flights so ferociously like a being cornered or one defending its territory.
Try harrasing a lion cub in the territory while the lioness is around.

Russian sponsored comment. How is your putin doing in Ukraine with the highest number of retreats score? Or what do you call it in Russia, "goodwill gesture"? The Nigerien military is zero compared to ECOWAS fire power. I dare Russia to attack any African/ECOWAS military either via Wagner or traditional Russian soldiers.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Passionate1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
Streetdoctor:
Mak una rest
I just want Tinubu to go to war with Niger, I Wan test his moral, atleast he has 50million recruit to be fed with Agbado and cassava.

Same here. . I want Agbado Nation and Northerners to suffer . .Dem murdered over 3 million Biafrans and now it's payback time. .
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Bigshots001(m): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
bergs2:
Have you observed that those in support of the military invasion and the sanctions are Tinubu supporters?

And Nigeria will pay dearly for it, whoever is advising BAT should tell him that's a futile journey he wants to embark on..a man whose house is on fire doesn't chase rats.

2 Likes

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by yankison(m): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Precious012:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy
Acct num: Oyom Ubi
G.TBank

Please wat is the real essence of liking this post , is it for the begging or help she/he needed ? I'm kinda confused o
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by sencekompis: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
GREAT UNION AU
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Douglad: 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
Until these idiots condemn, isolate and sanction autocratic Leaders who hide under the guise of democracy to bully their citizens, they'll remain nothing but toothless bulldogs.

Worthless animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by daylae(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
Henry22:
Ebola looking for every reason to attack Niger
I am not a fan of tinubu or APC, neither am I happy with the sorry state we found ourselves; but some of you lots are dunce.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Peppysco: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
Bigshots001:

You that know much about wars and economic sanctions, how come those economic sanctions imposed on Russia since last year didn't dwindle the Russian economy,rather it was the EU and the US it affected the most, Tinubu as the chairman of the ECOWAS said he will interven with ECOWAS standby Army in Niger to restore Bouzom in Power, how come he hasn't walked his talk..and you're here trying to twist the whole narrative typical agbado apologist.
Didn't he know that it wouldn't be a walk in park for him..these sanctions wouldn't deter these guys, rather it will hardened them and make them resort to other alternative means to survive,at the end of the day ECOWAS and AU will loose its relevance in Africa.

You need to study more to understand world politics. Economic sanctions aren't friendly to any economy, not in any way. Russia feels the economic sanctions imposed on it by American induced countries same way America and other countries feel it too.
Forget the fact that the foreign mainstream media don't talk much about the effects, it is mostly because the Russian government suppres information. Same way the American economy, and most especially, the European countries largely dependent on Russian oil and raw materials. Go read about the current G.N.P of Russia,compared to before as well as the massive fall in the value of the Rubbles after the sanctions and come back and tell me that Russia isn't feeling the heat of the sanctions. Una go just dey read PM news dey take make informed political interaction, na for where that one dey happen?
By the way, whatever statement that is attributed to Tinubu is not one based on his capacity as the Nigerian president, but as the chairman of ECOWAS. So, any comment, at all, is/was a general concensus from all the other head of states in the region, so, nor be Tinubu dey make the decisions.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Bluntemperor: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
squash47:
This Niger people sef, small nyash wey won dey shake.... How Dem go take survive now wey Dem don ban them from interacting with other Nations undecided

True,Niger Republic have nothing to offer than- Cross borders Criminalities, Kidnappings, Terrorism, Cattle Rustling ,Gun- Running along Nigerian Northern States of Zanfara,Kano Sokoto,Kaduna,etc and it baffles people like me why some are now saying they are brothers!
Are they brothers in Crime or what is wrong with our Northerner brothers?

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Whytelyon(m): 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
squash47:
This Niger people sef, small nyash wey won dey shake.... How Dem go take survive now wey Dem don ban them from interacting with other Nations undecided

Truth will prevail in the end. Tinubu just day do maximum nonsense.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Ikpunnegi01: 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ebola had failed grin

1 Like

Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by toxtimmy: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
AU is an impotent organization controlled by the west... Israel is a member of AU.

What did AU do when an African country in Libya was bombed to ages?... It's the same western countries that bombed Libya have the AU orders to do this nonsense.

Black man black problem...darkness with no light.

Insodibobo:
More woes for them
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Bigshots001(m): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Peppysco:

You need to study more to understand world politics. Economic sanctions aren't friendly to any economy, not in any way. Russia feels the economic sanctions imposed on it by American induced countries same way America and other countries feel it too.
Forget the fact that the foreign mainstream media don't talk much about the effects, it is mostly because the Russian government suppres information. Same way the American economy, and most especially, the European countries largely dependent on Russian oil and raw materials. Go read about the current G.N.P of Russia,compared to before as well as the massive fall in the value of the Rubbles after the sanctions and come back and tell me that Russia isn't feeling the heat of the sanctions. Una go just dey read PM news dey take make informed political interaction, na for where that one dey happen?
By the way, whatever statement that is attributed to Tinubu is not one based on his capacity as the Nigerian president, but as the chairman of ECOWAS. So, any comment, at all, is/was a general concensus from all the other head of states in the region, so, nor be Tinubu dey make the decisions.

And you that's a bookwarm that has read all about world politics and economy who rely on CNN and BBC news didn't you read the other day from a western news outlet that Russia gained $600billion amidst the economy sanctions and the EU and America lost some trillions of $ last year alone.
Don't you think it's a collateral damage and that everyone is feeling the heat..make your analysis and don't assume you are more informed than others.
And yes as the chairman of the head of state and head of governments of ECOWAS a lot depend on him..but I'm trying to see if he will leave his burning house to chase rats.
The sanctions imposed by AU, ECOWAS and the Nigeria government will make these guys look for a better alternatives to survive.As the head of ECOWAS he will be applauded or blamed depending on how he chooses to handle the issue,he's the chairperson of that regional organization at the moment.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by doghorp(m): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Boldtrust:

you don't sound like you know half of what I know about the so called French's atrocities in Africa. I don't support France. I support the people of Niger who deserve peace and freedom, I do not support the criminal who's holding the government at gun point, I do not support replacing France with Russia and its criminal organization called Wagner. Africans should learn to solve their problems independently and stop the art of replacing one slave master with another.

Let the west leave us to solve our problem I have worked with people from french speaking like you said the french atrocities is too much.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Austineva(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ecowas and AU are the most useless organization I have ever seen in the world. Very shameless criminals
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Boldtrust:

Russian sponsored comment. How is your putin doing in Ukraine with the highest number of retreats score? Or what do you call it in Russia, "goodwill gesture"? The Nigerien military is zero compared to ECOWAS fire power. I dare Russia to attack any African/ECOWAS military either via Wagner or traditional Russian soldiers.
Western pigs sponsored comment.ECOWAS will and can do nothing.
The Nigerien soldiers and even the masses won't be sleeping when the stupid invasion happens.
Even most people there supported the coup.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Kukutenla: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Peppysco:

Hmmm, you guys don't understand the power of economic and military influence in world politics. America, being the largest contributor to the I.M.F, U.N & WORLD BANK dictates their lending policies. Same as Nigeria, the country is the biggest economy and the largest contributor to the regional bloc and also with immense influence over the A.U.
This means that the country has a large influence over the actions and decisions of the 2 economic institutions in Africa.
Not forgetting that the Nigerian president is even the chairman of ECOWAS, nor dey dull yourself na. Nigeria can influence the continent's economic relationship with any member country, whether good or bad. You all need to understand how influential the country is in Africa, no matter how bad many of you desperately try to make her look.
Ok. Sha don't drop AU like hot potatoes if things don't go the way you want.
All this spineless character and praise-shopping is tardy.
If it is Tinubu that is pulling the strings by virtue of being Nigeria president, don't try to divorce him from the situation if things go south
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by dominique(f): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
yankison:

Please wat is the real essence of liking this post , is it for the begging or help she/he needed ? I'm kinda confused o

What he does is post on the topic to get likes, then comes back to modify to begging post. That's a he behind that handle btw, pls always report such post whenever you come across them
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Peppysco: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Bigshots001:

And you that's a bookwarm that has read all about world politics and economy who rely on CNN and BBC news didn't you read the other day from a western news outlet that Russia gained $600billion amidst the economy sanctions and the EU and America lost some trillions of $ last year alone.
Don't you think it's a collateral damage and that everyone is feeling the heat..make your analysis and don't assume you are more informed than others.
And yes as the chairman of the head of state and head of governments of ECOWAS a lot depend on him..but I'm trying to see if he will leave his burning house to chase rats.
The sanctions imposed by AU, ECOWAS and the Nigeria government will make these guys look for a better alternatives to survive.As the head of ECOWAS he will be applauded or blamed depending on how he chooses to handle the issue,he's the chairperson of that regional organization at the moment.

Why do you keep reading my comments backward? Didn't I mention in my previous post that the sanctions aren't beneficial to Russia and other countries induced by America? Be bold to talk about what you know and stop feeling inferior when someone says something about what you know nothing about. By the way, I don't rely on news I watch or see on BBC or CNN, they're both western compromised news channels.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by sslcrypt: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kpolusa:
Was this necessary?? Where were they when the Country was passing through difficult situations?

Where were they when NATO invaded Libya?

Note- m not in support of the coup but these so called organizations should always be able to stand up and voice out against bad leadership in Africa, they should be able to carry out their role in curtailing sufferings and Poverty. But no, you will find them acting as puppets to the whites.

Niger is of no economic importance but of regional destabilizing force within the region. China have more influence over the AU because of economic trade. This decision shows that Niger is on their own, just imagine such coup creeping into African nations with seaports. That's bad news for trade and commerce, mind you AU have stronger regional powers such as Rwanda, Egypt, South Africa and couple of others. The presidential system in Africa might not be perfect but coup is never the answer. Now look at what the Burkina Faso idiotic leader is doing, threatening industrialist and technocrat with seizing their assets. Unless he wants to put a gun to their head and force them, it's their choice to engage or not to engage.

Military rule distorts and disrupts economic trade and commerce. Russia you all are calling have no economic interest in Africa, they have large enough market in regions close to them such as Asia. So they thinking they are disrupting western interest will only come back and bite them. Because majority of Africa trade is with china and the west, Asia and south America.

The cost of myopic leaders is poverty and no progress and the rest of the world is ready to maintain that for economic trade benefits and wider regional and global peace.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by okechuks22: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
squash47:
ur just a son of a coward
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Peppysco: 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kukutenla:

Ok. Sha don't drop AU like hot potatoes if things don't go the way you want.
All this spineless character and praise-shopping is tardy.
If it is Tinubu that is pulling the strings by virtue of being Nigeria president, don't try to divorce him from the situation if things go south

It will do you well to read and understand. Stop being sentimental and emotional, makes you look like someone still brooding from the pains of election defeat.
Re: African Union (AU) Suspends Niger Republic by Boldtrust(m): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Western pigs sponsored comment.ECOWAS will and can do nothing.
The Nigerien soldiers and even the masses won't be sleeping when the stupid invasion happens.
Even most people there supported the coup.

That's what I thought. ECOWAS can do nothing? They are already doing a lot. The selfish criminal holding the government at gun point has sent his family abroad. The ordinary Nigerien will be the one to suffer/die in case of any confrontation with ECOWAS military. Even Russia will deny Tchiani when it gets there - because the Russians might be evil but not stupid.

Speaking of support from the people, how many? The few thousands? What did you think? That the pro-democracy supporters will come out to face the barbaric gun wielding selfish power usurping military junta?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

War: Russia’s Plan A, B, C In Ukraine Have Failed Already – Britain / Kenya Election: Roselyn Akombe Resigns & Flees To US / Israeli Troops Pull Out Of Al Shifa Hospital, Gaza.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.