Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff (592 Views)

Benneth Chinedum Igweh Is The New FCT Commissioner Of Police / ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike / Minister, Wike, Publicly Blasts FCDA Over Faulty Microphone (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by Shedking(m): 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2023
The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Barrister Nyesom Wike, on Tuesday read a riot act to the management staff of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) and Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA), saying, “We are in to build Abuja of our dreams”.

While assuring them that, he is ever ready to fund the Secretariat, Departments, and Agencies of the administration to execute short projects to show our commitment.

Wike gave this hint during the handing-over ceremony, saying, I believed in the Renewed Hope of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and with your support we can achieve this.

According to him: “Everyone who has responsibilities must show commitment to doing the right things. The important thing we must do is to ensure that Abuja is back to what it ought to be. I moved around Abuja and found out there are total darkness in most of the places. What we need to do is to ensure light come back as soon as possible.

“Our environment must be kept clean, you must be on your toes. If you do not have the capacity, please leave. It is a privilege for us to be serving in this capacity and I will not allow anyone to drag me back. If you are in charge of sanitation. I will call you at any time of the day.

“We shouldn’t allow motor parks all over the place, something must be done, as soon as possible. If you cannot meet up my standard say it now so that we can change you. Yes, I have a soft spot for women, you have to take a decision, we must be firm, things must work.

“Things are tough, I agree, but that does not make us to be lawless. Street trading is prohibited, people selling corn, will drop their waste indiscriminately and these are the things that cause insecurity, criminals come to buy and use the opportunity to spy and give information to criminals. It is imperative we clear street hawkers.

“Development Control is a serious crisis area, we have to stop, why are there illegal structures and shanties everywhere? We will demolish any illegal structures, no matter how highly placed, the structure will come down,” he explained.
Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by ogtavia(m): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
From Port Harcourt Airport to the town is in total darkness. Oga no see that one.

2 Likes

Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by amnesty7: 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
cheesy
Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by Kingosytex(m): 8:40pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wike don master the art of politicking. He is not the only minister sworn in, but all headlines is about him. Man is a genius, smart, and also calculative.

4 Likes

Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by Mushmush: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kingosytex:
Wike don master the art of politicking. He is not the only minister sworn in, but all headlines is about him. Man is a genius, smart, and also calculative.
I'm telling you

2 Likes

Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by Khallicopyro: 9:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
Once upon a time Wike was the face and the voice of the opposition and largely of the masses. But today who is Wike? Or better still where is 'our' Wike? Could it be fear of EFCC? Hmmmm....
Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by Kam2021: 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
A whole capital city of a country is in a mess like this..hmmmm Abuja for turn slum be that

1 Like

Re: New FCT Minister, Wike Reads Riot Acts To FCTA, FCDA Management, Staff by chiedozie198100: 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kingosytex:

N he's making a fundamental mistake of trying to outshine his master. One of the 48 laws of power is never to outshine your master.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Our Presidents/Leaders Dreading The Idea Of Restructuring? / Enugu State Government Increases The Price Of Land Registration To 10,000 Per Sq / Those Who Have Been Calling Us Wailers/obedients. Are You Proud Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.