Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( (4217 Views)

Charge Your Phone, Power Bank & Other Devices With NEPA Light, No Generator / How Much Have You Spent On Internet Data So Far In 2021? / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by HelpMeee: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2023
Hey there, Nairalanders.

Gather 'round. You've got to hear about RemoteShare, my WiFi file sharing app that's been a true labor of love.

So here's the deal – I embarked on this crazy adventure of building RemoteShare, and guess what? It took a whopping 18 months to get it all polished and ready. Now, why the marathon, you ask?
The usual suspects of course – Nigeria's epileptic power supply issues played a starring role, and let me tell you, it's like a rollercoaster you never signed up for. Not to mention,creating an app of this magnitude is a daunting task that, even with constant power supply would have taken few months still.

Think about this – creating an app with the lights flickering on and off more often than a disco ball. That's what it felt like, trying to code with the constant threat of power cuts looming over my head. And don't even get me started on the unpredictable nature of it all.

But the pièce de résistance? Our area's transformer. It had this uncanny knack for turning life upside down by failing for weeks on end. Picture this – you're deep into a coding spree, and suddenly, the lights go out, your work goes poof, and you're left with nothing but the hum of frustration. Knowing your job has just been totally halted for the next couple weeks.

In the midst of this chaos, my trusty laptop, a relic from the past, stood by me – a 11-year-old Lenovo that refused to give up the ghost. Its battery, though, had a mind of its own, often deciding to call it quits when I least expected it.

Fast forward, and here we are, RemoteShare in all its glory. A whopping 40,000 lines of code that are a testament to grit, determination, and a touch of madness. And guess what? This was my very first project after learning the ABCs of Android,built with native java, and my first venture into programming as a whole.

Now, the real gem of RemoteShare – it lets you remotely view the content on during connection – you can hide any file or section from being viewed by others.

But wait, there's more! With RemoteShare, you can initiate a connection by sending a notification to the other device, making file sharing a breeze. Plus, we've added some fantastic features like a music player, a video player, and a file manager to enhance your sharing experience.

And let me tell you, we've made sure that the app is incredibly simple to use, with a user-friendly interface that even newcomers to tech will find a piece of cake.

So there you have it, folks. The power supply saga that fueled the creation of RemoteShare. Give it a spin, share your thoughts, and let's keep the conversation buzzing. Here's to power struggles turned into something truly amazing! 🚀
It's free by the way.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filesharing.file.transfer.manager.remoteshare

16 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by IduNaOba: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2023
Nice one.
I for download but I need clarification on some things before i do..
Remote viewing, explain it
It can share my data with third party? What kind of data?
What kind of encryption do you use?
This is why I no get plenty apps and use vpn

Meanwhile over 40k lines of code is no beans.
Congratulations brother.
Let's go!

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by SalamRushdie: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2023
Is this not what Team Viewer does ?

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by HelpMeee: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Is this not what Team Viewer does ?
They could possibly accomplish the same thing but the difference in usage is like day and night cheesy. Try and see,tell me if I'm wrong.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by christejames(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2023
Congratulations 😉
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by SalamRushdie: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:

They could possibly accomplish the same thing but the difference in usage is like day and night cheesy. Try and see,tell me if I'm wrong.

Okay I will download now and try it
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by HelpMeee: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2023
IduNaOba:
Nice one.
I for download but I need clarification on some things before i do..
Remote viewing, explain it
It can share my data with third party? What kind of data?
What kind of encryption do you use?
This is why I no get plenty apps and use vpn

Meanwhile over 40k lines of code is no beans.
Congratulations brother.
Let's go!
It's a WiFi file sharing app like Xender but with the ability to view categories of files on the connected device,like Videos,Audios etc through yours without physically being near them. This way, you can seamlessly view and select files to share, enhancing convenience. You can block any file or entire categories from being viewed by the way. It also comes with other unique features.

It does not share your data with third parties. The only data shared during the connection process is what's necessary to establish a secure link between devices.

It employs Wifi Direct using WPA2 encryption which is industry standard.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Newdawn30: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2023
Nice one 40,000 line of code is alot. Congratulation and I admire you determination

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Brownbetsport24: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sorry op ,you only praise yourself and the laptop there, you didn't specify what exactly the app does that makes it different from the rest

Can we view Netflix movies of each other or watch whatever video is on the screen?,

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Alusiizizi(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:
Hey there, Nairalanders.

Gather 'round. You've got to hear about RemoteShare, my WiFi file sharing app that's been a true labor of love.

So here's the deal – I embarked on this crazy adventure of building RemoteShare, and guess what? It took a whopping 18 months to get it all polished and ready. Now, why the marathon, you ask?
The usual suspects of course – Nigeria's epileptic power supply issues played a starring role, and let me tell you, it's like a rollercoaster you never signed up for. Not to mention,creating an app of this magnitude is a daunting task that, even with constant power supply would have taken few months still.

Think about this – creating an app with the lights flickering on and off more often than a disco ball. That's what it felt like, trying to code with the constant threat of power cuts looming over my head. And don't even get me started on the unpredictable nature of it all.

But the pièce de résistance? Our area's transformer. It had this uncanny knack for turning life upside down by failing for weeks on end. Picture this – you're deep into a coding spree, and suddenly, the lights go out, your work goes poof, and you're left with nothing but the hum of frustration. Knowing your job has just been totally halted for the next couple weeks.

In the midst of this chaos, my trusty laptop, a relic from the past, stood by me – a 11-year-old Lenovo that refused to give up the ghost. Its battery, though, had a mind of its own, often deciding to call it quits when I least expected it.

Fast forward, and here we are, RemoteShare in all its glory. A whopping 40,000 lines of code that are a testament to grit, determination, and a touch of madness. And guess what? This was my very first project after learning the ABCs of Android,built with native java, and my first venture into programming as a whole.

Now, the real gem of RemoteShare – it lets you remotely view the content on during connection – you can hide any file or section from being viewed by others.

But wait, there's more! With RemoteShare, you can initiate a connection by sending a notification to the other device, making file sharing a breeze. Plus, we've added some fantastic features like a music player, a video player, and a file manager to enhance your sharing experience.

And let me tell you, we've made sure that the app is incredibly simple to use, with a user-friendly interface that even newcomers to tech will find a piece of cake.

So there you have it, folks. The power supply saga that fueled the creation of RemoteShare. Give it a spin, share your thoughts, and let's keep the conversation buzzing. Here's to power struggles turned into something truly amazing! 🚀

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filesharing.file.transfer.manager.remoteshare

Your tenacity is to be commended. Though 40,000 lines of code is hardly "whopping".

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by FreeStuffsNG: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
Congratulations OP. This is a great beginning for greater achievements to come your way . Keep grinding. Well done. I am very proud of you.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by EbenG(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:
Hey there, Nairalanders.

Congratulations on this milestone 👏
No offense o, I see Chatgpt handwork for your write-up grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Emmanuel909090: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
This is good. Congratulations
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Khyrvxjzy: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:
Hey there, Nairalanders.

thats nice
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Khyrvxjzy: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:
Hey there, Nairalanders.

nice
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Nlanalyst: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
Congratulations bro.
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Adekunleoladepo(m): 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:
Hey there, Nairalanders.

Cool bro shocked
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Crumbian: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
So, anyone tried it yet? undecided

This one wey una dey congratulate up and down.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Winnerrrr(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
c'mon bro, I admire your write up.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Nairalander248: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:
Hey there, Nairalanders.

Nice one 😀

Gimme your GitHub profile lemme check something

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by MrBONE2(m): 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:

It's a WiFi file sharing app like Xender but with the ability to view categories of files on the connected device,like Videos,Audios etc through yours without physically being near them. This way, you can seamlessly view and select files to share, enhancing convenience. You can block any file or entire categories from being viewed by the way. It also comes with other unique features.

It does not share your data with third parties. The only data shared during the connection process is what's necessary to establish a secure link between devices.

It employs Wifi Direct using WPA2 encryption which is industry standard.

Nice one Bwana, Ayam telling you based on what you did , you have made Africans Proud

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by online4business: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
This kind people na him person fit pay money to develop apps no be those wey go use mouth dey program.

Congratulations on your apps.

Here's what you should do to make bank.

Start promoting your apps it's a long term project there are similar apps around.

If you know any blogger getting millions of view cut a deal with them to put your apps in their side bar.

Some go one collect money other you can barter for their service.

Find YouTube channel and ask them to review your apps

Do this and watch download over the moon.

Here's an inconvenient truth promoting is the reason why most apps go viral.

Or better still if you get money and want to target the Us market do a press release.

But you're doing great.

Here's my $2 cents.

Develop apps that people will use...

Niche specific Calculators only 2 and you'd be rolling in $$$ if you promote the hell out of it.

If you decide to develop apps for any any everyone you'd be working paycheck to paycheck.

It's good but long term it's not.

What happens when you can't code again... An accident God forbid I hear you say right.

How about the upcoming recession in the US?

Customer no go dey like that again.

Think of equity not income.

Forgive my rambling and congratulations

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Abolodje: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nice initiative op but how do you make off of it though?
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by youngrichnigga: 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Congratulations, you've done well but this looks more like Xender if I'm not mistaking cool cool cool cool cool
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Congratulations OP. This is a great beginning for greater achievements to come your way . Keep grinding. Well done. I am very proud of you.

He didn't have light and that delayed his project (18 months). We are sure you're also proud of that since you support failures

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by GodWrites: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
It's a big turn off when I see AI generated text.
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by superemmy(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
HelpMeee:

Is it available on App Store I want to support my country man
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Mohisah: 6:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sammyimpostor ,pls kindly check ur mail let's connect
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by Samdigi: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hi,

Run 5gb MTN for #1,350

ASAP

Check siggy to contact.
Re: A Nairalander Spent 18 Months Building This App. Thank You NEPA :( by HelpMeee: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Your tenacity is to be commended. Though 40,000 lines of code is hardly "whopping".
Well,it whopped my azz enough to be whopping.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Need Activation Key For Concise Oxford Dictionary / Infinix Smart 3 Plus Vs Tecno Spark 3 Pro / Whatsapp Now Charging For Usage... Chaiii!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.