Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,530 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nigeria Suffers Defeat In The Quar-final Clash At African Volleyball Championshp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Suffers Defeat In The Quar-final Clash At African Volleyball Championshp (102 Views)

Nigerian Powerlifters Set New World Records At African Championships In Cairo / Nigeria Vs South Africa: Jay Jay Okocha Speaks On AFCON Quarter-final Clash / Croatia Sacks Coach, Vukojevic Ahead Of England Semi-final Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Suffers Defeat In The Quar-final Clash At African Volleyball Championshp by tundetech4: 10:25am On Aug 23, 2023
Nigeria will face Morocco today in the 5-8 classification match.

In the quarterfinal match of the 2023 African Senior Women's Nations Volleyball Championship in Yaounde, Cameroon, Kenya defeated Nigeria 3-0 (25-14, 25-17, 25-11).

Nigeria struggled in the first set against Kenya, a nine-time winner, as Kenya's court was impermeable to Nigeria's spikes. Both teams made significant blocks, but Kenya won by a score of 25 to 14.

Ijeoma Ukpabi once again shown her leadership on the court with an outstanding performance as Nigeria improved in the second set but were unable to overcome the tenacious Kenyans. Kenya outscored the West African women 25–17 by taking advantage of their mistakes and lack of cooperation.

Kenya completely dominated the third set, which ended with a score of 25 to 11 points.

The head coach of Nigeria women’s volleyball team, Samuel Ajayi praised his players for exhibiting his spirit of sportsmanship throughout the Group stage and giving top rated teams a good fight.

Ajayi said, “I give kudos to my team for improving throughout the championship; I trust them because this is a new team. Most of the players are making their debut in the championship; I believe with continuity, they will build more confidence and rule Africa.

“The U-19 and U-21 players have potentials; some of them were a bit nervous facing top rated players and that was why I was giving them the needed morale on the touchline to believe in themselves”.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/volleyball/story/nigeria-suffers-defeat-in-the-quarterfinal-clash-at-african-volleyball-championship-2023082305333696341

Re: Nigeria Suffers Defeat In The Quar-final Clash At African Volleyball Championshp by OBTOREPA(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2023
They will do better next time

(1) (Reply)

Watch And Enjoy Your Time / Anambra: Awka Communities Compete For Honour In Maiden 'ife Igbo' Peace Football / Manchester United 2 - 1 Chelsea (nigerian Fan Reaction) || Premier League Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.