Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,625 members, 7,865,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Corrupt Practice’s Exposed @ Ministry Of Education By New Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corrupt Practice’s Exposed @ Ministry Of Education By New Minister (631 Views)

Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance / Former PDP Chairman 'adamu Mu'azu' Visited By New Speaker Dogara (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corrupt Practice’s Exposed @ Ministry Of Education By New Minister by francisj(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2011
On October 14, 2011 • In News ,
BY Favour Nnabugwu & Awa Nnenna

Corruption expose @ Ministry of Education by New minister

The Housing for All Teachers, HAT, scheme is already embedded in fraud even before the commencement of the scheme as administrative fees paid by intending developers were paid into an unknown account.

The scheme, which was conceived by the Federal Government in 2007 and launched last year, was to cater for the welfare of teachers in the country.

Minister of State for Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, made the relevation in Abuja, saying the fraud was perpetrated without the knowledge of the Director, Finance and Administration, in the Ministry.The scheme was to make the teeming primary and secondary school teachers in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory become proud landlords.
Wike said: “I held a meeting with those who claimed they were building houses for teachers. If you see the amount of fraud, you will not believe it, hence they are pushing me to sign some papers on the scheme and l told them to take it easy. Then God told me to summon all these people who are applying and they all came, over 1000.

I asked them to produce the letter they got for their award, and where the land they were going to develop was. No land. Where was the agreement that the ministry gave them? Any assignment? No agreement. Now, how do you get your money?“Meanwhile they have been compelling developers to pay some administrative charges and when I asked where was that of the administrative charges paid, they said in the bank, which bank? It was a problem.

“I called the DFA, he is seated here, and I asked where is the money being paid? For the first time, the DFA did not know that money was being paid into a different account.”

Wike, however, said all hands must be on deck to help President Goodluck Jonathan right the wrongs in the system.He said: “I am saying this because we have problems and we must help Mr. President, at least, to change in certain things that are going on.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/money-for-teachers-housing-scheme-diverted-minister/
Re: Corrupt Practice’s Exposed @ Ministry Of Education By New Minister by francisj(m): 6:58am On Oct 14, 2011
francisj:

am saying this because we have problems and we must help Mr. President, at least, to change in certain things that are going on.”

Where are those anti GEJ ,hope they can see that Mr president is putting the right people in places to reposition this country.
please , let all suppose GEJ and do away with" born to rule" so that nigeria will once again regain it's lose glory.
expose Boko haram and their sponsor who have forseen good things coming to Nigeria but are bend on stoping it through terrorism.
may God continue to be with you GEJ ,AAAAAAAAmeeeeeeeeeen

(1) (Reply)

Ndlea Impounds Indian Hemp In Ondo State Govt Vehicle. / The Present Regime Is A 'we Will' Type Of Government / Gej And Co Should Stop Their "we Plan To" Attitude & Achieve Goals B4 Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.