Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada (6571 Views)

Soldiers, Police Officers Killed During Kidnap Attempt In Rivers. Graphic Photos / Inspector Yemisi Makinde Who Was Killed During Offa Bank Robbery / Momohjimoh Idris 'Always' Kidnap: Soldier Killed During Rescue Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Spectators: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
A Nigerian named Tobi Alaga has been killed in Toronto, Canada.

Alaga was murdered in the early hours of Monday around College Street and Spadina Avenue in a shooting that ensued from altercation.

Local report said, two or three persons were in dispute, and along the line one of them pulled out a gun and shot another person three times in his chest.

It resulted in the death of the 41-year-old Nigerian after fruitless efforts to keep him alive at the hospital he was rushed to.

OrijoReporter further gathered that the deceased grew up at Anthony in Kosofe Local Government Area of Lagos State, and attended Aladura High School in the same area.

https://spectatorsng.com/nigerian-man-killed-during-toronto-shooting-in-canada/

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by NaijaCover(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by illicit(m): 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Alchemy528: 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Intentionally,, normally they don't like black
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by HeartlessMan: 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
Spectators:
Tobi Alaga

While selling drugs no doubt.

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by 40fy: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2023

**He's dead, right??
**Now mothafuckin' what??

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Rahkman: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
Drug deal gone bad
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by gaby(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
Too bad.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by fyzaila: 11:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
Only if he hadn't japa and remained in his mother land. Chai so unfortunate cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by MarketDispatch: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2023
Spectators:

Alaga was murdered in the early hours of Monday around College Street and Spadina Avenue in a shooting that ensued from altercation.

shooting-in-canada/

Hope these guys are not already replicating Dubai lifestyle in Canada

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Ositadimmma: 2:26am On Aug 24, 2023
HeartlessMan:

Because wifi is free does not mean you should spew trash online to display your ignorance in painting every tragedy with the same brush.

He was a very close friend of mine for over 15 years .
Tobi will not get into a random argument with random strangers at 4AM in the morning.
We've lived in Toronto since 2007 and Tobi was the one who originally introduced me to Drake and Chris Bosh. Back around 2009 he was the one who could make a party come alive and everyone was drawn to him.

I spoke to Tobi last week and he was home with his family. He stopped going out to parties and such since probably 2015. All he did these days was chill, make money and spend time with his family and friends who by the way we're mostly top professionals widely regarded in all their fields of profession.

I'm trying to figure out what he was doing out that late. Again because Tobi had been fully focused on family and work not partying and such. We are still trying to figure out again why he was out that late. Nevertheless, he wasn't anywhere dangerous. College and Spadina intersection is at the heart of downtown Toronto. It's not a dangerous place but everywhere downtown Toronto theses days lots of shootings have been taking place.

Tobi was an extremely talented graphic artist and had been focused on day trading securities and crypto for 5 years.
He has a son and was making bank. Tobi is exceptionally smart and talented. He designed bending for a lot of successful fashion houses and startups. I learned so much from him.

He comes from a family of extraordinarily smart people. His older brother is Benny Bing Major art designer who has collaboratiins with global brands like IKEA and Google, and his sister is Bunni nee Ajala
Recently married and exceptionally successful..

Please be respectful, someone certainly who has had a positive impact in this world has been senselessly murdered. If you don't know anything extend your condolences but please shut the Bleep up if you know nothing and want to say rubbish because of cheap data you have access to.

It's really heartbreaking and I'm hitting really bad losing my friend.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Ositadimmma: 2:28am On Aug 24, 2023
Spectators:

Local report said, two or three persons were in dispute, and along the line one of them pulled out a gun and shot another person three times in his chest.

It resulted in the death of the 41-year-old Nigerian after fruitless efforts to keep him alive at the hospital he was rushed to.

OrijoReporter further gathered that the deceased grew up at Anthony in Kosofe Local Government Area of Lagos State, and attended Aladura High School in the same area.

https://spectatorsng.com/nigerian-man-killed-during-toronto-shooting-in-canada/

HeartlessMan:

An absolute tragedy and a lot of people here are truly mourning this loss..

Tobi will not get into a random argument with random strangers at 4AM in the morning.
We've lived in Toronto since 2007 and Tobi was the one who originally introduced me to Drake and Chris Bosh. Back around 2009 he was the one who could make a party come alive and everyone was drawn to him.

I spoke to Tobi last week and he was home with his family. He stopped going out to parties and such since probably 2015. All he did these days was chill, make money and spend time with his family and friends who by the way we're mostly top professionals widely regarded in all their fields of profession.

I'm trying to figure out what he was doing out that late. Again because Tobi had been fully focused on family and work not partying and such. We are still trying to figure out again why he was out that late. Nevertheless, he wasn't anywhere dangerous. Queen Street is at the heart of downtown Toronto. It's not a dangerous place but everywhere downtown Toronto theses days lots of shootings have been taking place.

Tobi was an extremely talented graphic artist and had been focused on day trading securities and crypto for 5 years.
He has a son and was making bank. Tobi is exceptionally smart and talented. He designed bending for a lot of successful fashion houses and startups. I learned so much from him.

He comes from a family of extraordinarily smart people. His older brother is Benny Bing Major art designer who has collaboratiins with global brands like IKEA and Google, and his sister is Bunni nee Ajala

Please be respectful, someone certainly who has had a positive impact in this world has been senselessly murdered.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Obyangel: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2023
RIP brother Tobi, your killer will not escape justice. Nature and government security will see to it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Danielfalana(m): 7:07am On Aug 24, 2023
MarketDispatch:

MarketDispatch:

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Briller: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2023
My brother, you owe no one these explanations. A brother is murdered in a foreign land and someone conscientiously alleges it's drug deal gone wrong. Another person blamed him for leaving Nigeria. Interesting!!

Maybe they have forgotten people are murdered everyday in their numbers in this same Nigeria.

I don't know this Tobi but I was moved to tears seeing his picture alone. I pray God heals and comforts the family he left behind.

Ositadimmma:

Because wifi is free does not mean you should spew trash online to display your ignorance in painting every tragedy with the same brush.

I'm trying to figure out what he was doing out that late. Again because Tobi had been fully focused on family and work not partying and such. We are still trying to figure out again why he was out that late. Nevertheless, he wasn't anywhere dangerous. College and Spadina intersection is at the heart of downtown Toronto. It's not a dangerous place but everywhere downtown Toronto theses days lots of shootings have been taking place.

Please be respectful, someone certainly who has had a positive impact in this world has been senselessly murdered. If you don't know anything extend your condolences but please shut the Bleep up if you know nothing and want to say rubbish because of cheap data you have access to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Flangelo12: 10:06am On Aug 24, 2023
May his soul rest in peace.
🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by willinottawa: 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
Tommy was a good man. The fact he was shot in a cowardly way in the streets....
We've known each other for 6 years and I call him a friend for good reason. He was not selling drugs. This was not a drug deal gone bad. It was across the street from my old nightclub and in front of my friends place. The altercation happened at an after-hours and justice will be had. I'm saddened that this occurred and I will help to resolve this horrible crime.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
cry
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by Babaken(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2023
I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST BUT I WANT PEOPLE TO BE AWARE WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN PASSING THAT ROUTE.
Nigeria immigration along seme border has turne to what I don't know demanding intentional passport for Nigerians going to badagry if you don't have you ask to 50k, some 30, 20k Even 100k 80k. Once they stop you first they will seize your phone ask you to open it if any bank on it they will call POS to do transfer these happening at the immigration checking point along badagry expressway opposite palatable food. They drop me, my wife our 1yr and 4 months baby asking me to provide our passport or pay 150k, 50k for each person I explained to them even should them my NIN they said that's not they concern that I should provide international passport I was they start having with one woman that she tell them she's from Lagos state on the process one of the immigration use stick to flog the woman injure her heavy blood start rushing out the area boy's over there get angry start having issues with them.
The immigration at that point are on the run before we left the worst they remove they tag bearing their names they harass people if you have money they will ask you to call your people there's why I said they are now holding people hostage demanding for ransom these has been going on . There's serious fight going on there now before I left they collect 15k from me 5k for each of us before giving me my phone.
Re: Nigerian Man Killed During Toronto Shooting In Canada by YelloweWest: 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
Ositadimmma:

I heard his dad just died, obviously out of heartbreak cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Man Found With Machine Gun That Can Fire 14 Rounds Of Bullets,bought For N70,000 / Police Nab Four Suspected Vandals, Thieves In Benue, / Us Court Jails Nigerian For N60m Credit Card Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.