Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later (761 Views)

72-Hour Closure Of 3rd Mainland Bridge, 48-Hour Partial Closure Of Lagos-Ibadan / FG Begins Immediate Fixing Of 3rd Mainland Bridge - Photos / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2023
I read with great sadness of the people who having sold all their belongings to The UK only to get there and not be able to work or work enough to pay their bills both in the UK and in Nigeria.

I have seen videos of Nigerians who in Nigeria were well to do but due to several factors chief of which is peer pressure succumbed to this decade's Japa Wave and are now caught in between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea.

Most cannot afford to come back and continue the lives they interrupted because they do not have anything to fall back on or to.

https://www.nairaland.com/7813973/uk-skilled-worker-visa-story

It was sad to see Professionals here in Nigeria become Carers, Cleaners and I wondered if there parents are not wondering why give a child an Education if the said child would run away to another country to do a job that he or she would not have dared to do in Nigeria.

Inasmuch as i love the UK, the ambience, the well planned settings and all, I am not fooled to think that they are issuing visas out of love or concern.

They are pooling in funds into their Economy and it is a gamble that they have played knowing that a percentage of those who come in will go back without being able to achieve the aim of getting that coveted British Pssport cum Citizenship.

Definitely not a loss to the UK Government as their policies are notorious for being changed at will to favour them whilst putting people in peril.

The cunning of The British is something we need to study... Same cunningness that led them to colonising countries bigger than theirs is a kind of juju in my opinion.

If you can raise millions of Naira into servitude, why can't one channel those funds into an Industry that The Lebanese, Indians and Co are thriving?

Not all can japa, so what next?

I remember those IG Japa Professionals who spurred a lot of people on and grew their YouTube pages with all sorts of information, they arr laughing and dancing to the banks with their earnings.

I wish we had a group of people who will encourage us to know how to build our Country for a better today and tomorrow.

N.B

This post is not about advising people not to japa ooo.

Just think about it and pray we'll before you go ahead is why I wrote this post.

6 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by jetcargopackers: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2023
How are packers and movers cost calculated?
The cost of packers and movers services in Ahmedabad is typically calculated based on several factors that influence the complexity and scope of the move. While the exact pricing structure can vary from one company to another, the following are common factors that influence the calculation of packers and movers’ costs:

1. Distance: The distance between the origin and destination of the move is a significant factor. Longer distances generally result in higher transportation costs.

2. Volume or Weight of Items: The number of belongings you need to move plays a crucial role in determining the cost. Movers might charge based on the volume (cubic feet) or weight (pounds/kilograms) of the items being moved.

3. Type of Items: The nature of your items matters. Fragile or specialized items might require additional care, special packaging, or handling procedures, which can affect the cost.

4. Packing Services: If you opt for packing services provided by the moving company, the cost will increase. Some companies offer different levels of packing services, from full packing to partial packing.

5. Labour and Manpower: The number of movers required to load and unload your belongings affects the cost. A larger team might be needed for a larger household.

6. Logistics and Equipment: The type of transport used, such as a truck or container, and any special equipment required for loading and unloading, can impact the cost.

7. Insurance: Movers typically offer different levels of insurance coverage to protect your belongings during transit. The cost of insurance can be a separate factor.

8. Additional Services: If you require extra services like unpacking, assembling furniture, storage, or handling bulky items, these will contribute to the overall cost.

9. Season and Timing: Moving costs might vary based on the time of year. Peak moving seasons, such as summer months, might be more expensive.

10. Accessibility: The ease of access at both the pickup and delivery locations is important. If there are stairs, elevators, narrow hallways, or other challenges, the cost could increase.

11. Local vs. Long-Distance vs. International: The type of move—local, long-distance within the same country, or international—will impact the cost due to different regulations, logistics, and distances involved.

12. Company Reputation: Established and reputable moving companies might charge more for their experience, quality of service, and reliability.

13. Customs and Duties (for International Moves): For international moves, customs duties and regulations can influence the overall cost.

To get an accurate estimate for your specific move, it's advisable to contact multiple moving companies and request quotes. Many companies offer free in-home assessments or virtual assessments where they can evaluate your belongings and provide a customized quote based on your needs. Always ensure that you understand the breakdown of the costs and any potential additional charges before finalizing an agreement.

https://jetcargopackersandmover.com/
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2023
No be the kind head Taiye bring Kehinde go bring.

Some of us can make it in this country despite the limitations and issues. Some of the people who Japa will not make it despite how promising it seems over there.

Pray and think and do research to figure out which one will work for you.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by madone: 10:24am On Aug 24, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
I read with great sadness of the people who having sold all their belongings to The UK only to get there and not be able to work or work enough to pay their bills both in the UK and in Nigeria.

I have seen videos of Nigerians who in Nigeria were well to do but due to several factors chief of which is peer pressure succumbed to this decade's Japa Wave and are now caught in between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea.

Most cannot afford to come back and continue the lives they interrupted because they do not have anything to fall back on or to.

https://www.nairaland.com/7813973/uk-skilled-worker-visa-story

It was sad to see Professionals here in Nigeria become Carers, Cleaners and I wondered if there parents are not wondering why give a child an Education if the said child would run away to another country to do a job that he or she would not have dared to do in Nigeria.

Inasmuch as i love the UK, the ambience, the well planned settings and all, I am not fooled to think that they are issuing visas out of love or concern.

They are pooling in funds into their Economy and it is a gamble that they have played knowing that a percentage of those who come in will go back without being able to achieve the aim of getting that coveted British Pssport cum Citizenship.

Definitely not a loss to the UK Government as their policies are notorious for being changed at will to favour them whilst putting people in peril.

The cunning of The British is something we need to study... Same cunningness that led them to colonising countries bigger than theirs is a kind of juju in my opinion.

If you can raise millions of Naira into servitude, why can't one channel those funds into an Industry that The Lebanese, Indians and Co are thriving?

Not all can japa, so what next?

I remember those IG Japa Professionals who spurred a lot of people on and grew their YouTube pages with all sorts of information, they arr laughing and dancing to the banks with their earnings.

I wish we had a group of people who will encourage us to know how to build our Country for a better today and tomorrow.

N.B

This post is not about advising people not to japa ooo.

Just think about it and pray we'll before you go ahead is why I wrote this post.

there are people who have raised money in millions to start business in Nigeria and nothing came out of it. Staying and spending money in Nigeria will not be a problem if you can see what u spend your money on. There were times foreign degree is more preferred than Nigerian degrees for employment in Nigerian owned companies. Put government aside Nigerians add to the problem we have

2 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
No be the kind head Taiye bring Kehinde go bring.

Some of us can make it in this country despite the limitations and issues. Some of the people who Japa will not make it despite how promising it seems over there.

Pray and think and do research to figure out which one will work for you.

Exactly.
I just wished we are not so naive in thinking that These Western Countries mean the best for us by issuing visas to all and sundry.
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2023
madone:
there are people who have raised money in millions to start business in Nigeria and nothing came out of it. Staying and spending money in Nigeria will not be a problem if you can see what u spend your money on. There were times foreign degree is more preferred than Nigerian degrees for employment in Nigerian owned companies. Put government aside Nigerians add to the problem we have

There are people who have made millions from businesses too....

Nigerians are NIGERIA'S problems.

We need a change in attitude and mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by ednut1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
They have made their decision anything they are facing is not of your business. Face your own life na grin
The countries that have developed in our lifetime like the arabs, Singapore, libya Chinese have all developed with the actions of their leaders. Arabs dont even have the skills to develop a country but they rely on foreign skills.

With the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria and the fools that vote based of religion and tribe. How will Nigeria develop Those people in Uk are still enjoying constant electricity, cheap food, standard education for their kids etc.

7 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by Raalsalghul: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
You are absolutely right.

The whole visa scheme is a business strategy for the U.K government as they attract funds into their economy via visa fees, IHS and tax and via forecast, a lot are expected to go back home.

The onus is on prospective Japaees to research and research and research, plan, do a cost benefit analysis by asking what's in it for them since they are investing a lot into the British economy.

The last thing you must be when coming to the U.K is being naive. And It's just sheer stupidity to give 10000 pounds to someone in the guise of a work visa, not knowing what it entails despite the abundant resources on the U.K's gov website, platforms like Facebook, YouTube and the likes. Just sheer stupidity.

Honestly, no pity for the lady involved.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2023
Raalsalghul:
You are absolutely right.

The whole visa scheme is a business strategy for the U.K government as they attract funds into their economy via visa fees, IHS and tax and via forecast, a lot are expected to go back home.

The onus is on prospective Japaees to research and research and research, plan, do a cost benefit analysis by asking what's in it for them since they are investing a lot into the British economy.

The last thing you must be when coming to the U.K is being naive. And It's just sheer stupidity to give 10000 pounds to someone in the guise of a work visa, not knowing what it entails despite the abundant resources on the U.K's gov website, platforms like Facebook, YouTube and the likes. Just sheer stupidity.

Honestly, no pity for the lady involved.

Haba, you have to spare some pity for these naive ones for humanity sake

I pity the kids whose parents thrusted them into suffering they never experienced whilst in Nigeria....

The British Government are very good at making lemonades from people and throwing them away when done.

As long as we have underdevelopment in Nigeria, we would keep on experiencing different Japa Movements...

I hope we get less trusting of certain offers .
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by Raalsalghul: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

Haba, you have to spare some pity for these naive ones for humanity sake

Unless, you're super rich, I don't see how someone would spend 10000000 naira on such a venture without asking one or two questions.

If na business you wan invest the 10 million naira, shebi you go carry out lots of studies.

Or maybe our people dey lose their brains when it comes to Japa?

Mtchewww.

4 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by madone: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

There are people who have made millions from businesses too....

Nigerians are NIGERIA'S problems.

We need a change in attitude and mindset.
yeah I can testify to that

1 Like

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Unless, you're super rich, I don't see how someone would spend 10000000 naira on such a venture without asking one or two questions.

If na business you wan invest the 10 million naira, shebi you go carry out lots of studies.

Or maybe our people dey lose their brains when it comes to Japa?

Mtchewww.

They would not believe those telling them that abroadians do not find it that easy ooo.

With this horrible situation that many have found themselves, others will take The Due Diligence pill three times daily.
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by ecolime(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
JAPA or STAY BACK is a choice. No need creating threads mocking them indirectly.

No be their fault. Everyone is in pursuit of happiness. If yours in in Naija, Great. If they find theirs in UK, all well and good too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by BigDawsNet: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
This is the fault of the government

Hoe can you seell your properties to relocate and start allover a a care person...
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:53am On Aug 25, 2023
ecolime:
JAPA or STAY BACK is a choice. No need creating threads mocking them indirectly.

No be their fault. Everyone is in pursuit of happiness. If yours in in Naija, Great. If they find theirs in UK, all well and good too.

If you read it as mockery you need to read again.

These threads need to be created so that people will not sell their properties and relocate without something to fall back to if relocation goes awry.

A cursory survey shows that it is women who moot the idea to relocate for reasons that are less than stellar and they want their spouses to sell properties they did not contribute in buying or building to fund their relocation dreams.

Some if not most were doing OK but that pursuit of happiness has turned ugly.

1 Like

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:56am On Aug 25, 2023
BigDawsNet:
This is the fault of the government

Hoe can you seell your properties to relocate and start allover a a care person...

Fault of the Government ke?

To make you relocate and fund it by using what traditionally should be your retirement benefits is not a wise idea.

Let me put a question to you.

Is it ideal to relocate as a Doctor, IT person or another occupation?
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by BigDawsNet: 6:04am On Aug 25, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

Fault of the Government ke?

To make you relocate and fund it by using what traditionally should be your retirement benefits is not a wise idea.

Let me put a question to you.

Is it ideal to relocate as a Doctor, IT person or another occupation?

The genesis of this japa wave was caused by the government for not providing the best environment for its citizens and also basic amenities... apart from the economical issues which can still be endured.. the security threats is not looking good...

If the country is in good shape... Doctors and Nurses won't even think of relocating... but I don't blame them when a government is owing a medical personal 10month salary... why won't they find an alternative...

1 Like

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by Olawrites: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2023
What about those that sold their properties and didn't still japa due to 419 agent

See japa is for the rich. About 170million Nigerians cannot japa at all, I mean how can u afford japa with the current fx rate. Whats the minimum wage in Nigeria again Crazy!!!

Japa if u can, if u can't pull it, stay behind and build your life... there's no template in life.

You can make it big anywhere if your destiny aligns with that place.

So no give yourself pressure.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:01am On Aug 26, 2023
BigDawsNet:

The genesis of this japa wave was caused by the government for not providing the best environment for its citizens and also basic amenities... apart from the economical issues which can still be endured.. the security threats is not looking good...

If the country is in good shape... Doctors and Nurses won't even think of relocating... but I don't blame them when a government is owing a medical personal 10month salary... why won't they find an alternative...

This mess we are in is not only Government..Citizens do horrible things that derail the economy and peace of the society and blame it on just The Government.

We tell lies on forms.

We support wrong.

We throw our dirts on the road,in gutters, do not dispose it the right way.

Cover up crimes.
Re: Japa Fad; A Bite In The Bottoms Of 3rd World Countries Sooner Or Later by BigDawsNet: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

This mess we are in is not only Government..Citizens do horrible things that derail the economy and peace of the society and blame it on just The Government.

We tell lies on forms.

We support wrong.

We throw our dirts on the road,in gutters, do not dispose it the right way.

Cover up crimes.

The reason is that.. the system is corrupted and we all decided to mess everything up...

Like I said.. I will still blame the government... the gov has been controlling dis nation for 63 years.. and nothing has been done to restore our economy rather. All they do is steals funds ....

Let me tell you.. if the United States gov are like Nigerian government... the US citizens will definitely behave like an average nigeria... bribery will be a normal thing... People will throw things on the road... and many more silly things...

That's why I said the government are the headmaster of all this mess

(1) (Reply)

Please What Good Town Is In Delta State But Far From Warri? / Video Of Nigerian Pilot Not Paying After $£x Emerges Online After He Was Accused / Re-issue Of Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.