Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,561 members, 7,861,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Technology News Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Technology News Website (546 Views)

Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website / Technology News Website For Sale. / The Best Cms For A News Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technology News Website by databoy: 11:07am On Oct 14, 2011
hello folks,

I have been working on my technology news website for quite a while. Please what are your opinions. Layouts, arrangements, monetizing, etc. Its still work in progress sha.

url: http://www.divilla.org

Its a Wordpress CMS.

Cheers.
Re: Technology News Website by Afam4eva(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2011
Firstly, the domain TLD(.org) is not ideal for that kind of website and it will certainly have a search engine implication.

Secondly, the site is too simple. This can be attributed to the lack of colors. Notice that the logo and the header of each news article intro are black(#000). I think either changing the color of the logo or adding a color in the header section will do.

Furthermore, some ads are floating without direction. I also noticed an amazon ad banner below the footer. That doesn't sound nice.

I also forgot to add that's it a theme that's available at http://www.zy.sg/the-buffet-framework/ . Though i like the structure of the site.
Re: Technology News Website by databoy: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2011
@ afam, thanks.

I will get rid of the amazon banner under the footer. I will change the color of the article headers.

Nice observation.
Re: Technology News Website by yawatide(f): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
Is there any way you can cap the number of news entries on the home page? I am thinking no more than 5. That scroll na die! smiley
Re: Technology News Website by databoy: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
Lol! Anyway i cant really believe i am finding difficult to actually cap the number of news entries on the home page. Any ideas please?
Re: Technology News Website by yawatide(f): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2011
You said it's wordpress, right? I would imagine it can be done in the admin interface or worse case, you google and figure out which file it is u need to modify cool
Re: Technology News Website by databoy: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
Great. Now i will have to peek into the php files again. I hate that crap!
Re: Technology News Website by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
There are two ways.

One in Wordpress Options settings you will see the Number
of entry to use the second is when using WP_Query(""wink
$a=WP_Query( $post_count = '' ) 

$a is now an array holding the post read your WP Codex Reference its there or use a good IDE to generate PHPDoc from your files. bye
Re: Technology News Website by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
http://yourlocalhost/your wordpress directory/wp-admin/options-reading.php

(1) (Reply)

Browse Unlimited For 3 Months 7k / I Need Help On Adsence And Adbrite Account / Nairaland Global Site Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.