Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal (14047 Views)

What Might Happen To Nigeria Currency After Subsidy Removal? / Petrol May Cost N340/litre After Subsidy Removal In 2022 — Kyari / Sowore Mobbed By Excited Family Members And Nigerians After His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by soccerlite: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2023
infofta:
Subsidy removal is nothing but more money available for the government to loot.
The best they can do is reduce the level of borrowing while more hardship for the population. Nothing will change.

Fact!

They have now shared 966bn recently more money for government to steal
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2023
Cj4charles:
He built Lagos bla bla bla.... Format to deceive the gullible and those 30k errand nairaland followers

Those 30k errands followers are far more sensible than you.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2023
Cj4charles:
like Nigeria itself has been heaven all this while APC governed abi

Like Nigeria has been heaven before Apc took over
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2023
Racoon:
Teach people how to fish, the clueless and corrupt government choose to give citizens poisoned chalice called palliatives. This is the economic disaster conduit and drainage government palliative have become to this nation. However, this new develop-ment even if it is being considered is a red flag that President Tinubu is not as prepared for governance as he campaigned.

Unfortunately, not appearing for media interactions or debate didn't help. That President Tinubu knew he would implement the removal of subsidy and floating of Naira soon after inauguration but had no plans to manage the consequences of the these major policy shift paints a scary picture about his future policies.

Welcome to the balabloo-blu-bulava economics of a heroin-sniffing drug baron. Instead of headhunting for young economic hotheads and financial experts to serve as his thinktank in brainstorming on policies, creating scenarios, doing risk-benefit and SWOT analysis, he is busy appointing people based on political patronage and compensation. Hence all continue to nose-dive further.

Nigeria's economic burden need practical ideas from thinking out of box here rather than some textbooks stuff. How on earth is value of Naira is falling and the CBN is speaking grammar. How about rolling about plans to encourage the local production and export to cure our trade deficits.Tinubu is an overrated economic illiterate and disaster after Buhari. Una go Well last last.

After all the turashi tou failed to make a meaningful recommendations of what you will do differently if you are the president. Not surprised though, you only good at criticism keep it up.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2023
lonelydora:
Obaseki, who did you vote for?

A man whose only manifesto was "emi lokan". Yet Nigerians were blinded by tribalism

Would you have preferred a man who thinks election's is a Religious war?
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Cj4charles(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2023
homosapien:

Like Nigeria has been heaven before Apc took over
Yes ooo, way better before you and your demonic party came into power
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by natureisgood(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2023
Your education wasnt and isnt a waste. Sure some emotional retards without thinking str8 wil quote you..let dem display der folly.

jumper524:
Saying the truth is much easier than solving the reality.
Obaseki really doesn't rate Nigerians to have this level of Audacity to speak this.

since president Tinubu inauguration, Obaseki has never attended NEC meetings to raise his observation and proffer a much better solution but then again, president Tinubu who has been taking measures and counter measures against our failing naira as well as working towards salary improvement is the culprit here.

I beg to ask, Obaseki is the state governor of oil producing edo state that receives a much better allocation than kaduna, can he please tell us what his plans were that failed so badly in the state that made the state has the worst state secondary schools in Nigeria while kaduna is now having one of the best?

Or Obaseki was not amongst the list of governors who hoarded covid 19 palliatives?

Probably election is by the corner and Tinubu is the person to insult to divert attention.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Cj4charles(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2023
homosapien:

Those 30k errands followers are far more sensible than you.
even when I am dead, you and them still can't be better than my dead body
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Freebills12: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
jumper524:
Obaseki really doesn't rate Nigerians to have this level of Audacity to speak this.

since president Tinubu inauguration, Obaseki has never attended NEC meetings to raise his observation and proffer a much better solution but then again, president Tinubu who has been taking measures and counter measures against our failing naira as well as working towards salary improvement is the culprit here.

I beg to ask, Obaseki is the state governor of oil producing edo state that receives a much better allocation than kaduna, can he please tell us what his plans were that failed so badly in the state that made the state has the worst state secondary schools in Nigeria while kaduna is now having one of the best?

Or Obaseki was not amongst the list of governors who hoarded covid 19 palliatives?

Probably election is by the corner and Tinubu is the person to insult to divert attention.

Argumentum ad hominem, you are attacking the person of Obaseki instead of his words. What he said is the plain truth. You can't just remove subsidy without a plan. Nigeria is a country not a family, even in family before taking a definite stand deliberation must take place. I am not in support of Obaseki mode of leadership but that doesn't render what he said invalid.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by IVORY2009(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2023
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Thomthom(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2023
Oga governor no be only pensioners oo workers salary self don useless for our hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by IVORY2009(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2023
natureisgood:
Your education wasnt and isnt a waste. Sure some emotional retards without thinking str8 wil quote you..let dem display der folly.

What did the Tinubu Govt lied that Kastina state has received 5 billion naira grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Burob: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Argumentum ad hominem, you are attacking the person of Obaseki instead of his words. What he said is the plain truth. You can't just remove subsidy without a plan. Nigeria is a country not a family, even in family before taking a definite stand deliberation must take place. I am not in support of Obaseki mode of leadership but that doesn't render what he said invalid.
After removal of subsidy, it is the Federal Government’s duty to plan for the states?

Please use your common sense,if you still have any left, it is The Federal Government in Abuja, that will plan for Edo State, & Jigawa state, I guess to you, their respective elected governors are only there to be sign boards, because they were selected & handpicked by The President?
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by MICP: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Even Obaseki wen do road e never reach one year rain wash am troway self dey scared of federal government what of the palliative wen Dem give you
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Aquila99: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Realguyman1:
Nonsense talk. What's makes u think that Edo people voted for Obasaki because of his gimmicks? Everyone knows very well that the nonsense Oshiomhole was doing was what made Obaseki won his re-election again and not anything else. Oshiomhole wanted to turn Edo State into a State where he will be the one deciding everything for the State just as how Tinubu is doing in Lagos, and that was the advantage Obaseki used against him.

Yes everybody knows that Obaseki performed woefully, but Oshiomhole talks too much and Obaseki capitalise on that. Oshiomhole knows how the people of Edo dislike Buhari after Buhari first tenure and he still kept talking anyhow just to defend him

Do u know that Oshiomhole publicly call Ize-Iyamu thief in 2016 election campaign? Then same Ize-Iyamu was the one Oshiomhole started calling saint in 2020 election campaign, that he made mistakes calling him thief then. What does he take the people for? Same things Oshiomhole spoke against from 2007 election campaign to 2012 election campaign was same thing he wanted to do in the state and Edo people said no.

This is politics bro. Tinubu said many tyns against Buhari, atiku, everyone have sometyn bad to talk. But dey all align later.
So because oshiomhole talks too much, n wanted edo to be like lagos, u pple chose obaseki a failure. Now i see how tasteless Edo people are.i hope u pple also vote Obaseki boy, because u don't want loquacious oshiomhole.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2023
Cj4charles:

Without been dead your level of knowledge can only be compared with a sheep. So stop capping
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Burob: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2023
IVORY2009:

What did the Tinubu Govt lied that Kastina state has received 5 billion naira grin grin grin grin
Please try use sense, the government said they ought to have, if they haven’t yet received theirs then, by now they should have been credited.

Stop been a lazy thinker.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2023
Cj4charles:
Yes ooo, way better before you and your demonic party came into power

It is now obvious you are Gen Z. Continue
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Burob: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2023
Cj4charles:
A very unintelligent thing to utter.

The scripture reiterated that a living puppy, is greater than a dead lion.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Babathanks(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2023
tamdun:

Ortom did not fail? Did fed govt denied him state allocation throughout his tenure?
Most of you will just be saying rubbish online
Have you been to benue before?
For your information I work in benue before I finally move to abj this year. Ortom is a complete failure . Obaseki is using ortom tactics now
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Cj4charles(m): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2023
homosapien:

Without been dead your level of knowledge can only be compared with a sheep. So stop capping
replying you again means me going beyond my standard, I better leave you to wallow in whatever thing you have in your head
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Validated: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2023
jumper524:

Rubbish, always out to deflect issues. We are talking of a failed Federal system, you are here ranting about secondary schools. What was Kaduna pass rate at WAEC and Jamb last year compared to Edo? How many schools are in Kaduna compared to Edo?
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2023
Cj4charles:
replying you again means me going beyond my standard, I better leave you to wallow in whatever thing you have in your head

Normally i don't quote low budgets Rufia, I just needed to made you understand you don't have monopoly of clout chaser.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Sleekfingers: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2023
You are right obaseki.

But what is your plan for Edo people, with the huge amount of money you have been collecting for FG?
Useless governor. No tangible development. Look at your neighbors Rivers and Akwa ibom, at least we can see what there governors did.

Oloju dudu governor
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by homosapien(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2023
Burob:
A very unintelligent thing to utter.

The scripture reiterated that a living puppy, is greater than a dead lion.

For you to see intelligence in that sense speaks volumes. Didn't the same bible says, better to be silent, than opening your mouth and be confirmed a fool.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Babaken(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2023
I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST BUT I WANT PEOPLE TO BE AWARE WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN PASSING THAT ROUTE.
Nigeria immigration along seme border has turne to what I don't know demanding intentional passport for Nigerians going to badagry if you don't have you ask to 50k, some 30, 20k Even 100k 80k. Once they stop you first they will seize your phone ask you to open it if any bank on it they will call POS to do transfer these happening at the immigration checking point along badagry expressway opposite palatable food. They drop me, my wife our 1yr and 4 months baby asking me to provide our passport or pay 150k, 50k for each person I explained to them even should them my NIN they said that's not they concern that I should provide international passport I was they start having with one woman that she tell them she's from Lagos state on the process one of the immigration use stick to flog the woman injure her heavy blood start rushing out the area boy's over there get angry start having issues with them.
The immigration at that point are on the run before we left the worst they remove they tag bearing their names they harass people if you have money they will ask you to call your people there's why I said they are now holding people hostage demanding for ransom these has been going on . There's serious fight going on there now before I left they collect 15k from me 5k for each of us before giving me my phone.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by orisa37: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2023
"Im-shocked-scared-of-fgs-lack-of-plan-for-nigerians-after-subsidy-removal-says-edo-governor-obaseki".

Obaseki is RIGHT.
He should pressure FG TO RELEASE FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG NOW.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by IVORY2009(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2023
Burob:
Please try use sense, the government said they ought to have, if they haven’t yet received theirs then, by now they should have been credited.

Stop been a lazy thinker.

You argue blindly shocked
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by joe1309: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2023
jumper524:

well said, Mr. Obaseki will not attend bcuz he is scared of his past remarks about the APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Ezmans: 11:49am On Aug 25, 2023
jumper524:
this administration have increased the igr of state (more than double of the previous) governors of every state including edo state so governors like Obaseki can do something from his own end.
This same government has given 5billion to every state governors including Obaseki to see how they improve things at state level.
This same government is working towards an much improved minimum wage of 60k that's highly sustainable and this same govt has been working over time to stabilise our weak naira using every policy they can hatch till now.
If you would have done better, tell us how.
so Katsina state that said they didn't see any money is not from nigeria, APC praise singer is dictated
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Burob: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2023
Ezmans:
so Katsina state that said they didn't see any money is not from nigeria, APC praise singer is dictated
How many days ago was that, had their commissioner for finance in Katsina State, gone to Abuja to sign for the release of the money?

Go & inquiry today, if they Katsina state hasn’t already finished sharing the money, you are here opening your mouth on last weeks headline?
Re: Obaseki: I’m Scared Of FG’s Lack Of Plan For Nigerians After Subsidy Removal by Burob: 11:54am On Aug 25, 2023
IVORY2009:

You argue blindly shocked
Almijiri has Katsina State not received the money you are wailing about?

We have not received our 5 billion Naira free money from the Federal Government indeed.

Yet this week alone they shared 966 billion, Federal, States & Local Governments, & you are here on Nairaland doing eye service?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote: Wife & Children? / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / See How Nnamdi Kanu's Co-defendant Almost Straggled This Prison Officer In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.