Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Lexus Es 300 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lexus Es 300 (417 Views)

Distress Sale of A-Year Used Lexus Es 300. @1.450 / Clean And Sharp Foreign Used Lexus Es 300 / SOLD!!! Tokunbo Lexus ES 300 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Es 300 by wittywhelp: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2023
Please is it normal for this level of fuel consumption or it’s just my lexus es 300?

Is there a problem I’m not aware of?

Full tank can finish under two weeks and I’d be questioning where did I even go sef

Just few driving within town. No long distance

Used to accuse AC, then I tried without AC, but same fuel consumption

I feel it’s consuming too much tho it’s a V6 engine.

The check light comes up if I drive long small

If I park car for days, check light won’t come on.

Last I took to diagnostic, it was oxygen sensor which I changed (don’t know if it wasn’t a good one) but the check light later came on again.

Please help, I’m honestly suffering with current price of fuel.

*Just modifying now to add this*

Any time I drive into gas station, my car doesn’t start immediately after refueling

I have to kick and wait till it comes up except I force it to pump acceleration while kicking then it will start but very low energy.

This happens only after refueling. Over a year now, it has never happened by just parking and trying to start and drive off before. Just only immediately after refueling.

I also carried out two test: bought fuel in rubber, pour in immediate and tried starting, same hard starting occurred.

Second was bought fuel in same rubber, poured in but left the car for 30mins. When I came to start, it responded one hand.

Kindly help guys!!!
Re: Lexus Es 300 by Xwizard: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2023
First turning on the Ac while driving does not increase fuel consumption rate, so strike that out.
Lexus 300 have about just 80-100 liters so two weeks full tank is not a big deal. Two weeks is 14days bro.

More also check your exhaust for any leakages, service the car with the right engine oil.
Re: Lexus Es 300 by wittywhelp: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2023
14days when I’m not driving morning to night?

Drive to Sch and back. Just that? And one day out of 7 days I’m home without driving anything.

My exhaust aren’t leaking. Checked already
Re: Lexus Es 300 by Martinsmine(m): 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
Check your plugs then che k your thermostat
Re: Lexus Es 300 by wittywhelp: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2023
Thermostat was removed before I got the car as Nigerian used
Re: Lexus Es 300 by SmilesInn: 2:46am On Aug 27, 2023
Check if your fans are connected directly without the AC on when you start the engine especially from cold start since thermostat has been removed.
How many KM is the distance you cover to & fro(you can use Google map) because this will help also to confirm if it's actually consuming more fuel than normal with your thermostat not present
Re: Lexus Es 300 by DarlingtonC: 4:29am On Aug 27, 2023
How many years you wan use full tank? grin
Re: Lexus Es 300 by Sheuns(m): 5:28am On Aug 27, 2023
Oxygen sensor will continue to get damaged. The main culprit is the fuel we buy here. If the cause of the check engine light is just the damaged 02 sensor, don’t bother changing it. Your car will work perfectly fine without it.

To reduce fuel consumption turn off internal circulation when not in traffic and driving on a free way.
Re: Lexus Es 300 by wittywhelp: 6:52am On Aug 28, 2023
SmilesInn:
Check if your fans are connected directly without the AC on when you start the engine especially from cold start since thermostat has been removed.
How many KM is the distance you cover to & fro(you can use Google map) because this will help also to confirm if it's actually consuming more fuel than normal with your thermostat not present

Fan is connected directly. Once you turn on ignition, fan comes on. What’s the effect on fuel consumption?
Re: Lexus Es 300 by wittywhelp: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2023
Sheuns:
Oxygen sensor will continue to get damaged. The main culprit is the fuel we buy here. If the cause of the check engine light is just the damaged 02 sensor, don’t bother changing it. Your car will work perfectly fine without it.

To reduce fuel consumption turn off internal circulation when not in traffic and driving on a free way.

Thank you so much, I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2008@6.5m / 2002 Toyota Sienna 2m350k / ✅SOLD✅Toyota Camry XLE 2012 For Sale @ Gbagada 8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.