Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) (27898 Views)

Tinubu Meets Class Of 1999 Governors At Aso Villa / Governor Umahi Visits Zipline Rwanda (photos) / Northern Governors At Malami's Son's Wedding As Attahiru Is Being Buried (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by naptu2: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Babajide Sanwo-Olu @jidesanwoolu

I joined some of my colleagues as a panelist and participant at the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and the United Nations Development Programme’s Executive Leadership Retreat, hosted in the city of Kigali, Rwanda.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1694988044292489389

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by naptu2: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2023

The retreat promises to highlight some of the workable solutions that could be adapted in our country as we navigate through the current economic, environmental and political challenges, with a primary focus on sustainable growth.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1694988077603660109

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by naptu2: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2023

Today, still at the leadership retreat, I was on a panel with Abubakar Suleiman, Arik Aisén and Richard Tusabe facilitated by Andrew Mwenda, where I spoke on Revenue Generation and Resource Mobilization.

These are critical aspects of social and economic development. Governments and experts play a crucial role in understanding and implementing strategies to mobilize domestic resources effectively.

By drawing on experiences from them, valuable insights can be gained to enhance revenue generation and resource mobilization efforts.

Governors, as leaders of regional or state-level administrations, have firsthand experience in managing finances and mobilizing resources within their jurisdictions. They oversee budgetary allocations, taxation policies, and expenditure decisions, all of which impact revenue generation and resource mobilization.

These experiences without a doubt provide valuable lessons on effective strategies, innovative funding models, and successful initiatives that have contributed to social economic transform.

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1695203094332604704

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Alchemy528: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by illicit(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
Usual shenanigans

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by naptu2: 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
Anambra State New Media @AnambraNewMedia

Anambra State Governor, @CCSoludo is currently participating in the Executive Leadership Retreat held in Kigali, Rwanda.

The event, with the theme “Rethinking Leadership and Leading Systems,” is organized by the Nigeria Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the @UNDP.

https://twitter.com/AnambraNewMedia/status/1695325633126043924

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by naptu2: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2023
Governor of Kaduna @GovKaduna

Kaduna State Governor, Senator Uba Sani is currently participating in the Executive Leadership Retreat holding in Kigali, Rwanda. The event, with the theme “Rethinking Leadership and Leading Systems,” is organized by the Nigeria Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the @UNDP.

https://twitter.com/GovKaduna/status/1695045730631565564

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Raskimonojendor: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
Interesting.

PDLPC

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Naijanascam: 3:28pm On Aug 26, 2023
After sharing and receiving Ideas with human face and developmental milestones that makes a Country and people great,they will still come back and jettisonthose Ideas due to their selfish mindsets and wickedness.......

Imagine a government in this modern era sharing palliatives and some even hide it from the people meant for it.... instead of establishing something with the budgeted funds that will create jobs and increase government's income.......

Foodlums won't like this

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by SmartPolician: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2023
I hope they invited President Paul Kagame to teach them LDS 101 - introduction to Leadership in Africa cheesy

Anyways, Governor Sanwo-Olu always dresses and looks sharp 👌

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by CelestineNelson: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
The same meetings ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by TheFacelessMan: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Why not a retreat in Nigeria ?

Never seen Rwandan officials or from any other country coming into Nigeria to do the same.

Shameless idiots that left their individual states in shambles. This retreat should have been held at Abuja or rotational.

Let hosting Governor show fellow governors around his state to see first hand his failures or successes.

Before any imb3cile mentions me, I am a patriot.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Brendaniel: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Shame on Nigerian leaders, as a kid I watched Rwanda in war and turmoil, what made me know there was a country called Rwanda was war, Images of starving children and chaos was what I knew Rwanda for, that till date once I hear the name Rwanda I just remember war and the images of starving children, Nigeria was in a far better state.

Fast forward to today and Nigeria cannot even host other nations for world meetings due to insecurity and bad governance, Rwanda is doing that

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Honoredeblazac: 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Lol
Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
Good job
Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by HDcreationz: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2023

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
highly insensitive.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Feintline: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
As usual, go to where things are working but come back and load 2 derica of beans and indonmie for your people.

Rwanda was a war torn state not too far ago.
Today they are one the most organized state in Africa.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by DesignSparks: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
[b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by NLcreators: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2023
Useless people

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by farem: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1694988044292489389

No seminars or conferences can change looters. The ONLY conference we need for our leaders is to stop stealing. If this is achieved, in less than ten years, other countries will rush into Abuja or Lagos to attend "conference for good governance"

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by LagosPrince: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2023
Soludo I see you

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by inoki247: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
Lol them no get any problem....

Most of them colet 5 billion we no hear from dem again...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by ecolime(m): 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
Rwanda is a small but thriving nation. Our governors should model their successes and replicate it here.

Sanwo Eko, I sight you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Wisereborn: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin what should we do with this retreat naw the effect of Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso... grin grin grin

The yeye retreat, meeting, conference wey una don dey attend since wey no get any positive impact for Nigeria undecided

Shior

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by obotematics: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
Better guys dem Na dem Waka meeting
Sombodis no follow go
Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by noble71(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
shocked
Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by orohbirodeysmel: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
The Waka Waka of Anambra State...will be there...

He is always running up and down

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) by Skillsnigeria: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Picks Funsho William’s Running Mate As Deputy / Djibouti Speaker, Family, Others Spend New Year Holiday At Orji Kalu’s Camp Neya / UK Minister, Kemi Badenoch Arrives Nigeria For 3-day Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.