Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Agent 7: James Bodi The Flash Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Agent 7: James Bodi The Flash Fiction (144 Views)

James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agent 7: James Bodi The Flash Fiction by WriterX(m): 1:45am On Aug 27, 2023
"The guy you are looking for is known as shark real name odike Emmanuel Kelvin, drug baron and inter state weapons dealer, Has some sort of ranking on the Nigeria police most wanted list, not too bad nor too good, he has been able to keep his face off the news for the past eight years after the bloody mess he made with the Five man gang who robbed three banks with sophisticated firearm that was eventually linked to him, thread with care, he has guys carefully observing those around him, follow the script and you may just walk out with a smile!" 3face explained over the secret comms.

James paid for a bottle and dragged it towards his target, his fake beard and moustache was top notch, Evelyn may have out done her delta-nine work after all he thought as he got closer.

1...2...3, mildly armed and undercover, he sniffed shark's boys out pretty quick and reminded himself of the angles each had taken and could have taken if they were to have a better shot at him; hr was the best shot no doubt.

"Do I know you, is there something you want?" Shark's voice raised a decent fuss over his unwanted presence.

"Me? I don't want, you of course need something!" James paused for a quick moment, one of shark's boys, the one he had thought seemed experience enough to be in a strategic and uncompromising place had began to draw near them, a hand tucked in for his weapon.

"You can tell you man and the others who are in terrible positions by the way to calm the f**k down, my name is el-nasir Jamal..." James had caught the spark in shark's eyes quick enough to see him motion some inaudible command to his man who quickly turned around.

"Who did you say you were?"

"You heard me the first time, you are only asking to make sure I am who I say I am, I know so because I have sat where you sat and shot people over much simpler acts of deception over where I am sitting, call your man, farouk, he will clear me for a conversation with you quickly!" James lied with such confidence and presence that it was almost a blight on shark's person to doubt.

There was such confidence and body language that ticked just the right boxes, much too perfect for some deception shark thought before replacing his phone back to the table.

"Wow I dare say, how is it that a small time runner like myself has been found a worthy dealer man for an organization as yours!?" He asked.

"Well you see...hmm, it appears you are not ready for business, even now you are still trying to toy with me even though this is not the first time you have conducted business with my organization, so you know what, I will send a report..."

"I am..I am sorry, you know this line of business, we all..."

"What trust does anyone find if he finds none in himself?" James quoted, he was getting good at this; his mission briefing over the past three weeks had led up to this moment.

"Famous quote by Garrett Wilson, I am impressed, I am huge fan of him you know, you see one time I got one of his books signed and delivered to me from overseas, it cost a fortune about 19,811,811 naira but it was worth it!" Shark beamed with joy, James was certain he was now relaxed and all thanks to 3face who had intercepted the trick question before he answered it.

"Very good now before we discuss business, I would like some pleasure first, my beer is all warmed up already, let's order, shall we?"

Shark signalled for the bar lady and made some order as did he.

She took their orders and disappeared.

"There is a war coming and I am sure you must have heard, the joint northern state security commission has been inaugurated hence all hands have been put on deck for a showdown, a holy war is near and by his grace, we will wipe the infidels and their transgressions off our lands once and for all,"

"Oh yes, oh certainly yes, I trust in your organization's ability to wipe out who ever needs wiping, I must say your work up in the northern region has been excellent and I am only a servant here in this war of yours, just tell me what you need and I will make the calls!" Shark replied anxiously, oblivious of the fact of what truly was going on.

"Very good but you see there has been a lot of scrutiny within the organization and its dealings, infidels everywhere, both inside and outside, we have been conscious of the outside influence within the group and its operations, there have been some permanent demotions from top ranks recently and some major changes in our tactics and operations, we want to go from big operations to bigger operations, if they hit us with one bomb we hit them with five bombs!..." Again he paused and waited briefly.

"Yes, go on, tell me!" Shark replied.

"Hah, I see you are paying good attention, excellent, now as I was saying, we have been looking at a bigger operations and as such we are in demand of bigger and sophisticated suppliers..." He paused as the waitress returned with their orders, a little mishap had occurred as a bottle fell off the tray and into the ground causing a scene.

"What!"

"My shirt, do you have any idea how much this shirt cost me" Shark replied angrily.

James threw a dirty slap at the waitress and followed it up with another so quickly and loud that it did worry shark.

"Eh, it's okay, it's okay, she didn't know!" Shark defended the waitress's action.

"What nonsense is this, from where I come from..."

"I understand, she doesn't know, such is the rotten mannerism of the south, its okay, I will have to excuse myself for a while,"

"Yes indeed, maybe 3-5 minutes and you should be okay, I will go with you, it seems all those slaps have woken up my endo-mileterin," James replied, holding his crotch.

Shark obliged, such were some personalities one meet in this sort of business he concluded, he waived his men to keep watch while he and his new found associate used the rest room.

In nothing less than two minutes, shark reappeared and returned to his table and then signalled his top boy over.

"Let me have my book, we have just concluded a very important business deal that would stun even the likes of the cabal when I cash in, I Need to make some transfers and calls immediately!"

His bodyguard put up a mild frown and then produced an OTG USB drive.

"The password...the password sir!" The body replied.

"What did you say!?"

"Sir, you always ask us to ask you for the password to the black book, you said on no account..."

Shark stood up angrily, vexed beyond comprehension.

"Look at this riff-raff I picked up from the gutters daring to question my command, daring to...the password of course is 19811811"

"The Password is correct sir, are you sure you don't need us to call miss Victoria to run some checks too for you?" His boy asked.

"Victoria? Are you saying I am incapable of making a simple transfer or would you ask me for for my own password again?" Shark barked angrily.

"No boss, it is just that..."

"Its just that I pay you to do your job too well, go and check up on our new business associate, you and the others, you do nothing here all night long anyway!" Shark replied.

Like a dog with its tail between his legs, the security team disappeared.

"Intel guys almost f**ked up a three weeks special ops mission, why wasn't the password mentioned for the black book?"

"We didn't know but how did you figure it out so quickly?!"

"His files reads how poor he is with figures yet when i talked about his recent autographed purchase, he was able to quote the exact amount he got the book signed for, it was quite easy to piece the dummy's secret password after then but i needed a moment to make the guess after all a man's heart is where his treasures lie!"

"Well played James, lydia is more impressed with your fake slaps, your waitress has used the exit point some four minutes ago, we cloned his phone during the slip and replaced it all thanks to your theatrics now we have the black book, well done, you should leave now though you got three minutes before they realize the real shark is lying somewhere unconscious and in dire need of medical attention, good job once again agent 7!"

3face applauded his team behind the comms who had contributed to the success of the mission, there next mission was set for their most prized agent on ground: Mission Niger.

James bodi; Agent 7.

(1) (Reply)

Philophobia / Bound To The Ruthless Alpha Episode 1 / Akinwande, Ndukwo, Ajala To Headline Oyo Reads February Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.