Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase (13438 Views)

Ebonyi Accident: 36 Persons Feared Dead As Bus Plunges Into Akaeze River / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Longinyamapucci(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
We igbos Will continue to ride car, if come to worst we take over our oil and gas.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by callmevirus(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lol e don red

1 Like

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by erico2k2(m): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kuginzi:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/parents-suggest-safe-bicycle-ride-to-school-as-bus-fees-increase/amp/
Very Foooolish suggestion, the road is not safe for motor bikes let alone push bike and on top of that's Kids will be the rider, who ever made that suggestion needs community beating!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
E shock you?
Abi, E favour you?
Ronu oooo!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2023
This present government has finishes ius Nigerians
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by zedegit: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hmm. Even motorists will still enter that lane.
Is it not Nigeria again?

They should proffer workable ideas not ones that will increase accidents.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by MadamExcellency: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
Kids riding bicycles to school won't work in Nigeria.

Nigeria isn't USA. There would be high rate of accident on the way!

By the way, I thought we all agreed that only obi and his supporters are suffering? Tinubu and yulluba people are massively enjoying. They want to teach Igbo people and other tribes in Nigeria politics, Dear Yollubas, what later happened?

I went to Secondary School in 80s and half of the School come with bicycle in this same Nigeria.

What changed. We have cars everywhere and moreover, it was the time every man buys Mate90 for his inlaws to marry their daughter.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Bobxin: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
chaseblack:
Lol, make cars jam dey jam kids everyday? But there are some estates with properly designed roads that won't be bad for this idea.
I guess the school is in the estate as well.🥴
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by sammyonal: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa....

But even at that self,even the price of bicycle self no cheap....

I remember when one boy boarded my keke with his newly bought bicycle......I asked him how much he bought the bicycle and he told me it was #120k shocked

So this option isn't even as easy as we may think it is...
this can't be true, that's massively expensive nah.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by matm: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
trekkers will equally request for their own lanes
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Sonnobax15(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
sammyonal:
this can't be true, that's massively expensive nah.
. Bro, that's the truth.....go and ask.....I mean about sports bicycles..
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by onlyboyson(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wait for another hike in bicycle 🚲 😂😂
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by thesicilian: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
Heffalump:
Students riding bikes to school with the current state of Nigerian roads will be a very risky venture. Every day hit and run drivers will be on the prowl.

We're not carved for this. What I'll advocate is efficient Student buses.
Don't mind them.
It is cheaper, safter and faster to provide [heavily subsidized/free] buses for school children alone than to construct special lanes on every major road for bicycles alone. But that's all the parents can think of. And yet we think the problems of this country lie with the politicians alone.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Cromagnon: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

By the way, I thought we all agreed that only obi and his supporters are suffering? Tinubu and yulluba people are massively enjoying. They want to teach Igbo people and other tribes in Nigeria politics, Dear Yollubas, what later happened?
we are Teaching you. 2034 you still no go smell presidency
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Ate247(m): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
jaeyking:
Creating a bikers lane will incure more expenses and more destruction of properties

Instead advocation for alternative means of power such as conversion of the petrol buses into CNG or LNG which sells for about 150 and 350.

This would make the fees more cheaper
What happens when the price increase in the future? We should always think of a long term solution and not just immediate solution.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Cromagnon: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
Heffalump:
Students riding bikes to school with the current state of Nigerian roads will be a very risky venture. Every day hit and run drivers will be on the prowl.

We're not carved for this. What I'll advocate is efficient Student buses.
Oya stay at home and get zero education na.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Equity15(m): 1:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa....

But even at that self,even the price of bicycle self no cheap....

I remember when one boy boarded my keke with his newly bought bicycle......I asked him how much he bought the bicycle and he told me it was #120k shocked

So this option isn't even as easy as we may think it is...
120k? Na electric bicycle?
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by litaninja(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
lol
Nigerians get pushed to the wall & they break through it to go back further grin
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by abuhusna1: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
jaeyking:
Creating a bikers lane will incure more expenses and more destruction of properties

Instead advocation for alternative means of power such as conversion of the petrol buses into CNG or LNG which sells for about 150 and 350.

Even developed world ave to carve out bike lane from existing vehicle lane . Bike is very important to price cut
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by nkwoemeka(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Oil producing county, from top to bottom tue.

1 Like

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by zedegit: 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
Na broom some of our yard kids the fly now go school.

Lubbish.

I'll like to know where you buy cheaper gas from?

This is how much I bought 12KG of gas this morning.

Yours is cheap. I bought at 767 at gas plant and 800 per kg at an individual outlet.
Buy more if you can.

Naija don cast.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by sammyonal: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Sonnobax15:
. Bro, that's the truth.....go and ask.....I mean about sports bicycles..
naija is gone I mean absolutely finished.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Chibuzoripob: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
sad may kidnappers and bandits not have a field day or feast on these hapless students. We trust Mr PRESIDENT to do the needful soon
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by chaseblack(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Bobxin:

I guess the school is in the estate as well.🥴

It has to be.
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by Abifarin16: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
kkins25:
As a pedestrian, If i count the number of times i was almost hit ehn while going to school.. Not with the roads full of people who are eager to cut corners to get ahead..Even if u make seperate lane for bikes, drivers will invade it... Unless, gov. is willing to spend more on making road dividers.

So you see that it is not only govt that has problems. The citizens equally have a role to play. Safety on the roads is not the entire responsibility of the govt.

In other Nations this would work, there are even walk ways meant for people who want to walk to their place of work or business. Must we all own and drive a car that's the question.

Most things Nigerians own is just for show off not out of necessity, or for real comfort.

Nigeria is like a Rubik's cube

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
jaeyking:

Tinubu will still end subsidy on gas!
cool
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Pls, enlightened Yorubas didn't vote Tinubu!
Re: Parents Suggest Bicycle Rides To School As Bus Fees Increase by jaeyking(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
Na broom some of our yard kids the fly now go school.

Lubbish.

I'll like to know where you buy cheaper gas from?

This is how much I bought 12KG of gas this morning.

I'm not talking about Cooking gas

I'm talking about Compressed natural gas and liquified natural gas

So make u rest and know the difference

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Qatar Air Blocked From Plying Kano Route / 65 Nigerians Deported From European Countries / China To Allow International Students To Work Part-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.