Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Send Your Son To Prison - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Send Your Son To Prison (542 Views)

Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me" / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Send Your Son To Prison by stevnwigw1: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2023
I have a question to ask, and I need serious answer to it, is it morally right to send your son to prison due to he is taking to hard drugs and disturbing the neoghbourhood, though he has not been caught stealing from people, but steals from his parents and sells his belongings to smoke?
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by jullary(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2023
No take him to rehab

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by stevnwigw1: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2023
jullary:
No take him to rehab
where you don't have money for rehab?
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by falcon01: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2023
stevnwigw1:
I have a question to ask, and I need serious answer to it, is it morally right to send your son to prison due to he is taking to hard drugs and disturbing the neoghbourhood, though he has not been caught stealing from people, but steals from his parents and sells his belongings to smoke?
he needs to be grounded till he starts conducting himself properly. As your son he should be rehabilitated not Incarcerated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by VickyELEFAN(f): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2023
stevnwigw1:

If that man's father took him to prison while he was younger because of white substance, will he be President today?

Use your sense.
There are people committing heinous crimes and you won't even hear about it.
Let the boy be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Moh248: 10:20am On Aug 27, 2023
falcon01:
he needs to be grounded till he starts conducting himself properly. As your son he should be rehabilitated not Incarcerated.

Drugs is no joke.

Rehab takes from 500 to 1.5million for 3 months .

If you decide to ground him personally because of money .

Get ready to dedicate at least 3 years , because it's no joke.

Most things will be irritating to you but believe me he does not know what he is doing till that drug fades .

You go beat tire .

Again why is not a joke , if within the space of that 3 years he smokes ordinary cigar back to square one .

If he sniffs Petrol back to square one .

If e drink anything alcoholic back to square one.

Avoid drugs completely that's just the solution

3 Likes

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by falcon01: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2023
Moh248:

Drugs is no joke.

Most things will be irritating to you but believe me he does not know what he is doing till that drug fades .

You go beat tire .

Again why is not a joke , if within the space of that 3 years he smokes ordinary cigar back to square one .

Then I guess he a goner? He needs to just try his best and when the son is not listening let him be he either die, run mad or fight thr addiction.
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by LikeAking: 10:26am On Aug 27, 2023
jullary:
No take him to rehab
Very good advice.

Nigerian ignorant parents will take him to police station.

Some time such kids should be encouraged to leave their environments. Some misbehave cos their parents are around.
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Alchemy528: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2023
Go and sleep
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by lexylaw09: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2023
So what will you do if your son is doing yahoo yahoo
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by tobby20: 11:31am On Aug 27, 2023
Moh248:

Drugs is no joke.

You go beat tire .

you get sense
That shit na loop
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by stevnwigw1: 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
Moh248:

Drugs is no joke.

You go beat tire .

but how can one live with it, a still have a normal life
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Mynd44: 9:25am On Aug 28, 2023
stevnwigw1:
but how can one live with it, a still have a normal life
Live with it and have a normal life?

Taking drugs and already stealing from loved ones to sustain it. Someday, he won't see money from loved ones to steal and he will steal outside or he won't be able to get money from loved ones and then he will turn violent against them.

That is when you will know what a "normal" life is.

Anything more than alcohol, abeg, let it stay far from me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Mindlog: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2023
stevnwigw1:

It will not be effective, he needs to realize on his own that he needs to clean up by being admitted into a rehabilitation facility though going into a rehab is a not a guarantee he would not relapse because some addicts are regularly in and out of rehab facilities as if they are going on a vacation.

1 Like

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2023
You can never rehabilitate someone who's not ready to be rehabilitated.

I know one lady that has taken her son to rehab many times, but because the son was never ready to change, he'd still go back to doing drugs after leaving rehab... Sometimes he'd emotionally blackmail his mother into getting him to be released from the rehab, promising that he'll never do drugs again, but he'd still go back.

He'd sell her stuff just to get his fix.. one day when he was high, he threatened to kill his mother and take his life, the woman fortunately managed to escape from the house in the middle of the night... She got him arrested, but dropped the charges few days later... People tried to convince her to let the law take its cause on him because not only was he stealing from her, he also threatened her life, but she'd become defensive and talk of how he's her only child.

It happened that the guy was owing his suppliers some money and he asked his mother for the money, but she refused... Few days later, the woman's house was burned down and her son was brutally beaten and hospitalized... Fortunately for the woman, she was a landlady and she moved into one of her rooms and what shocked everyone is that she still allowed her son to come and live in one of the rooms after he got discharged from the hospital even though he's the reason behind her house getting burned down.... The guy never bothered to get a job in his life because his mother has been pampering him all his life.

Three months after the woman's house was burned down, she got into a heated argument with her son and out of rage, the guy went ahead and burned down the property the woman was renting, but fortunately, no one was caught in the fire and apparently he was high went he did it... He then left and said he was going to be with his father, the same man who didn't help in raising him.. To everyone's surprise, she still didn't get him arrested.. The woman had to seek refuge in a police station, she'd sleep in a police cell because she had nowhere else to go.

While staying in the police station, her health started to deteriorate and her family came and fetched her, she was staying in her sister's place when she took her own life by overdosing on her prescription from the doctor.

If you met the guy, you'd think people are just making up stories about him because he looks innocent and humbled.

So I think the op should either get the son arrested or throw him out of the house before he kills him because you can't take an addict to a rehab and expect him to change when he himself is not ready to change.
jullary:
No take him to rehab

2 Likes

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Acidosis(m): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2023
stevnwigw1:
where you don't have money for rehab?

No money for rehab? So which money is he stealing?
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by sageb: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2023
Samantha124:

I know one lady that has taken her son to rehab many times, but because the son was never ready to change, he'd still go back to doing drugs after leaving rehab... Sometimes he'd emotionally blackmail his mother into getting him to be released from the rehab, promising that he'll never do drugs again, but he'd still go back.

He'd sell her stuff just to get his fix.. one day when he was high, he threatened to kill his mother and take his life, the woman fortunately managed to escape from the house in the middle of the night... She got him arrested, but dropped the charges few days later... People tried to convince her to let the law take its cause on him because not only was he stealing from her, he also threatened her life, but she'd become defensive and talk of how he's her only child.

It happened that the guy was owing his suppliers some money and he asked his mother for the money, but she refused... Few days later, the woman's house was burned down and her son was brutally beaten and hospitalized... Fortunately for the woman, she was a landlady and she moved into one of her rooms and what shocked everyone is that she still allowed her son to come and live in one of the rooms after he got discharged from the hospital even though he's the reason behind her house getting burned down.... The guy never bothered to get a job in his life because his mother has been pampering him all his life.

Three months after the woman's house was burned down, she got into a heated argument with her son and out of rage, the guy went ahead and burned down the property the woman was renting, but fortunately, no one was caught in the fire and apparently he was high went he did it... He then left and said he was going to be with his father, the same man who didn't help in raising him.. To everyone's surprise, she still didn't get him arrested.. The woman had to seek refuge in a police station, she'd sleep in a police cell because she had nowhere else to go.

While staying in the police station, her health started to deteriorate and her family came and fetched her, she was staying in her sister's place when she took her own life by overdosing on her prescription from the doctor.

If you met the guy, you'd think people are just making up stories about him because he looks innocent and humbled.

So I think the op should either get the son arrested or throw him out of the house before he kills him because you can't take an addict to a rehab and expect him to change when he himself is not ready to change.

What a tragic story😢
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2023
Yep.
sageb:

What a tragic story😢
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Acidosis(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2023
Samantha124:

[...]

Hmmn while reading your narration, I already got a strong sense of where the story was headed. The woman killed herself though. Overly emotional people always get hurt for the wrong reasons. That boy should have been incarcerated in a maximum-security prison a long time ago.
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2023
His mother could've gotten him arrested, but her love for him couldn't allow her to do it.
Acidosis:

Hmmn while reading your narration, I already got a strong sense of where the story was headed. The woman killed herself though. Overly emotional people always get hurt for the wrong reasons. That boy should have been incarcerated in a maximum-security prison a long time ago.
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Acidosis(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2023
Samantha124:
His mother could've gotten him arrested, but her love for him couldn't allow her to do it.

That is not how to love a child though.

3 Likes

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by Kobojunkie: 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
stevnwigw1:
If you no charge am for stealing from you, you loose the opportunity to teach him it is wrong to steal from even you. Even if he is later caught and sentenced by outsiders, and eventually learns not to steal from them, he will continue to steal from you since you never reported his conduct to the authorities. undecided

It is the parents duty to teach the child of the Law and how it works so said child can grow into a law abiding citizen. Sheltering a child from the Law typically works against parents who do so. undecided

1 Like

Re: Send Your Son To Prison by stacyadams: 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
stevnwigw1:
. Rehab will be better,,, prison no go change am rather him go meet other hardend criminals there
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by ahnie: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
Druggies full nairaland....God go epp una.
Re: Send Your Son To Prison by DyingFetus: 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
Put that nigger in total isolation in a room locked with pad locks for 6months

(1) (Reply)

I Love Seeing Women On Waist Beads Its Romantic! / Should I Move To Abuja Or Remain In Enugu? / We Solve Your Marriage Problems With Our God Given Trado-mystic Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.