Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? (316 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Rear A Snail Jumbo Size For Sell? Speakersden Snail Far / My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? / Ikpeazu Promises N1m Grant For Investment In Ranches, Animal Husbandry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Questionnaires(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
Animal Husbandry Operations:

1) How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers Before You Start Selling Them ?
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Questionnaires(m): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
Questionnaires:

1) How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers Before You Start Selling Them ?

Question 2:

What Weight (in KG) Do You Achieve for Each of Your Broilers (on the average) ?
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by shox(m): 2:00am On Aug 28, 2023
Questionnaires:

3 years. Give or take 2. Months
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Hallams(m): 2:17am On Aug 28, 2023
Questionnaires:

6 weeks
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Questionnaires(m): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2023
Hallams:
6 weeks

Thanks for the update.

What weight do they attain when you keep them for just 6 weeks ?

Can We See A Picture?

Someone here told me they only rear their chicks for 6 weeks before pushing them out for sales, I was actually in disbelief because I thought that they needed to be raised for Atleast 2½ months.

Thanks for your update.

The 6 weeks growth must have to do with their FAST Feeding and Types of Feeds - I Guess ?
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Questionnaires(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2023
shox:

You have been rearing Broilers for 3 years right?

How many times daily do you feed them?

2 months is also fast.

6 weeks is even faster.
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Hallams(m): 2:37am On Aug 29, 2023
Questionnaires:

Thanks for the update.

What weight do they attain when you keep them for just 6 weeks ?

Can We See A Picture?

Someone here told me they only rear their chicks for 6 weeks before pushing them out for sales, I was actually in disbelief because I thought that they needed to be raised for Atleast 2½ months.

Thanks for your update.

The 6 weeks growth must have to do with their FAST Feeding and Types of Feeds - I Guess ?
2kg averagely. I produce for restaurants. I get a couple of them that are usually 3kg at 6 weeks say about 10% of the total flock. For the second question, you are right. Quality feed does the greater part of the job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Questionnaires(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
Hallams:
2kg averagely. I produce for restaurants. I get a couple of them that are usually 3kg at 6 weeks say about 10% of the total flock. For the second question, you are right. Quality feed does the greater part of the job

This is Quality Education.

Do You Mind Sharing Your Experience Through A Life Journalism Webinar on NAIRALAND ?

We would love to interview you to share your Wealth of Experience To The Younger Generations.

It would be a Great Pleasure For Us To Share Real Life Challenges and Triumphs That Many Youths Need To Learn About.

So, Let Us Know.

Are You Up For A Synergetic Poultry Production Webinar Titled:

Challenges, Mistakes And Corrections of Raising Poultry Broiler Birds ?
Re: Animal Husbandry Operations: How Long Does It Take You To Rear Your Broilers ? by Questionnaires(m): 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
shox:

You have 2 responses here.

(1) (Reply)

Agriculture mathematics / Fumigation And General Cleaning 08105151948 / DYZ1200Y Frying Machine For Potato Chips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.