Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa (29244 Views)

Ortom: FG’s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement / Joana Nnazua Kolo Completes Her NYSC Programme In Jigawa (Photos) / Emeka Nwajiuba Nominated For Ministerial Appointment By Buhari Is A Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by fergie001: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
PRESS STATEMENT

MY PERSONAL STATEMENT ON MY NYSC STATUS AS A SERVING MINISTER

The last couple of days have witnessed barrage of media attacks and misinformation about me following my appointment and swearing-in as the Minister of Art, Culture and Creative Economy by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

I want to, again, thank President Tinubu for finding me worthy and for giving me the opportunity to serve the country I love as one of his Ministers.

It is true I am currently on the NYSC national service which I began 8 months ago as a matter of duty and devotion to my country, having been unable to complete the scheme since I was first mobilised in 2001. I started the mandatory national service as a Corp member deployed to Akwa-Ibom State (pls confirm state) in 2001 upon the completion of my university education. I could not complete the service same year after my redeployment to Kaduna State due to family obligations. Despite this, it has been my personal resolve and commitment that I will always fulfill this national duty whenever I am opportuned to do so.

I applied to NYSC to be mobilised again for national service last year. NYSC graciously mobilised and deployed me to serve in Abuja where I have been serving in the last 8 months before my current appointment as a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I will like to state clearly that contrary to wrong insinuations and false assumptions in a section of the mainstream media and social media where false accusations have been made, there is no breach of any law or constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended regarding my current position as a Minister and status as serving Corp member.

It must be said that there is no law of Nigeria or any part of the our constitution and NYSC Act that states that a serving Corp member can not be appointed by the President of Nigeria or any other appointing authority into political positions. Equally, no part of our existing laws and NYSC Act says that a corp member must finish service before he/she can be appointed into political office. There is no legal and constitutional limitations whatsoever. I have not broken any law of Nigeria.

In fact, in a decided case before a Federal High Court Abuja in 2021, Justice Taiwo Taiwo ruled that the Constitution of Nigeria, which is the grundnorm, does not require anyone to even present a first-degree certificate or any other certificate, including the NYSC certificate to be appointed a Minister in Nigeria.

I decided to participate in the current NYSC programme in fulfillment of my own personal commitment and out of sense of duty which I am proud of.

I will continue to serve my country using every opportunity and platform. My current NYSC status which will end in another 4 months will not in anyway impede the discharge of my duties as Minister of Art, Culture and Creative Economy, which, on its own, is a higher call to national service.

I use this medium to publicly restate my loyalty and rededicate myself to the service of Nigeria. I will continue to serve faithfully and with all my energy to deliver on the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Tinubu for a better, greater and more prosperous Nigeria.

Hannatu Musawa
Minister of Art, Culture & Creative Economy

August 27, 2023

Previous Threads:
Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by nepapole(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Lobatan.... lol

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Xscape1993(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
I don't blame you. I blame the weak institutions.

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by taylor88(m): 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
Why won’t political positions be so juicy to all these parasites

If not for this forced marriage called Nigeria

Yoruba and Hausa having their own country will be so poor and broke like Somalia

You go even dey beg them to join politics they no go gree

But since the southern oil is the reason na why they wan die there

Unity beggars

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nigeria is really a joke. what experience does this one have to be made a minister in a complex country like Nigeria? I can't bliv that some pple will just sit down at the confines of their homes and share positions to their children, grand children, side chicks, godsons nd goddaughters nd we Nigerian youths are sitting down to clap for them. Why can't we rise up in unity to retire all these old men nd women that have destroyed nd bastardized this country? Nigeria needs revolution so let's stop living in denial.

To everyone quoting nd telling me how i shud support dis clueless appointment because she's a youth lemme tell u that i'm not that unintelligent to knw that this appointment is a compensation to someone. When i clamour for youths involvement in politics i don't mean a situation where the same corrupt old men will sit down nd write the names of their relatives to control a ministry in the same corrupt system. This one won't do anything significant because she's someone else' stooge.

150 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by kokoA(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
She was first called up in 2001 shocked So after 22 years she now realized that she needs to complete her NYSC grin heheh

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by amanda2013(f): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin Nigeria is a joke I swear. Madam you go explain tire.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by kokoA(m): 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
amanda2013:
grin grin grin grin grin grin Nigeria is a joke I swear. Madam you go explain tire.
She no tell us wetin she dey so since 2001 come reach now .. No evidence..

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by kestolove95(m): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
You are still serving ur nation my sister

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Pakute: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
Beautiful babe, f'okanbale. Anybody that Idan has appointed, no one born of a woman can remove him/her. Jagaban also appointed a 400L student into tax reforms and policy committee without much Ado. As a minister, i urge you to continue to dey press the neck of ipob wailers.

May God bless Idan,
May God bless Nigeria.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by nony43(m): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
B
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by emekajacobogbon(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
It's your blessing
To whom it may concern
God cannot do what you can do for yourself.
2) You cannot buy God's mind. E.g sowing seeds to challenge God
3) check your place in God, there are levels in God.
4) Don't be deceived by the way and manner these pastors present God to us. Money does not move God.
5) God has his own timing which is best for you
6) Your soul is the most important thing to God and Satan. God can give you all things in due time but Satan can give you sharply and kill you before God's time
7) There are some specific people who are special to God from birth. Don't compare yourself to them even if they are your junior in the house or at school.
Respect them and be blessed, curse them and be cursed.
cool There is "man know man" in spirituality, a bitter truth and a bitter pill to swallow.
9) Not all pastor's prayers can be heard on your behalf. Not all pastors should have their hands laid on your head.
10) Dear, just know that there is God and He is a Good man for that matter.

In all, have it in mind that with or without our approval, He reigns supreme. Whether He gives you food, house or clothes or not. He is still God.
When shedrac, Meshach and Abednego were threatened to be burnt to death in the raging furnace,
What did they say?
What were they thinking?
What actually happened to them?
What happened to the king's?
What did the king do ?
Submit your assignment by this time on Sunday next week.
Just for fun

8 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by oka4ugoo: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Indeed all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others.

Hoohaa this country is gone.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Knetpro(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ok. Nice to know.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Obakoolex(m): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
undecided
O gbenutan o, lati 2001

Shey age limit no dey nysc again ni

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Kukutente23: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
You say

Another angle to this twist is that the same people who are saying we must be ruled with democracy can't keep up with the basic tenet of democracy which is the rule of law. I guess they only want democracy cause that's the only system of govt they can benefit from while being protected from answering for their misdeeds

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
Toh!
Lobatan!!
Opari!!!
Shikenan!!!!
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

8 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Nadingo: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
Let's assume it is true that no laws were broken. But NYSC primary assignment is a full time 9-5 job just as being a Minister is. I wonder how she will conduct the two National assignments without making the other insignificant.

27 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Guyman01: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
Where is that jobless Templar guy with 5k posts in 3 months, come and defend another nonsense to add to your tally

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by theophorus(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
Dem dey look for excuse to shame Her but she give them excuse to shut them up.

This Life ehn, once Luck shine on you na your Shine be that ooo. Who dey vex make he go nack head for wall.

15 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by bonnyhope: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nigeria my con3

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by 0TUK0MAYA(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nothing do you ma, let those who want to crying 😢 begin that's their identity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by ImoleNaija: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by jmoore(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
NYSC should be the one telling us, not you.

If this is allowed, it should be on record that APC has set a precedent.

Nobody should cry foul in the future when it repeats again.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Kukutente23: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
Pakute:
Beautiful babe, f'okanbale. Anybody that Idan has appointed, no one born of a woman can remove him/her. Jagaban also appointed a 400L student into tax reforms and policy committee without much Ado. As a minister, i urge you to continue to dey press the neck of ipob wailers.

May God bless Idan,
May God bless Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria with a 43 year old youth corper "serving" as minister.
Isok
Wherever una spoil the country reach, all of us go see am.

BTW, which one will she be collecting? Minister's salary or NYSC salary or all of the above?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Blitzking: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
fergie001:

Previous Threads:
Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa
adeosun too for use this format..join the next batch then begin blow grammar.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Lastmankc(m): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Nigeria is really a joke. what experience does this one have to be made a minister in a complex country like Nigeria? I can't bliv that some pple will just sit down at the confines of their homes and share positions to their children, grand children, side chicks, godsons nd goddaughters nd we Nigerian youths are sitting down to clap for them. Why can't we rise up in unity to retire all these old men nd women that have destroyed nd bastardized this country? Nigeria needs revolution so let's stop living in denial.
Rise up kee? when tribalism has eaten deep into the bone marrow of the people.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Emu4life(m): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Shameless. Do we look like idiots to her?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by OlujobaSamuel: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hmmm, if you have no plan to go for msc or other post graduate study in Nigeria and you have something else giving you nice cash, no bother yourself with service.
The dude from Oyo under Buhari and this lady has made me know that it's pointless stressing yourself. No go die for matter wey no ready to kill you

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ogun State Assembly Speaker Mr Adekunbi Abandons Victims Of Ghastly Accident(Pic / Militants Angry With Osinbajo, Threaten To Resume Attacks / 2019: Why Buhari Must Be Voted Out – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.