Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) (1054 Views)

Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation / Edo Crisis: Anxiety In Oshiomhole's Camp As Support For Obaseki Swells / Edo Crisis: Senators, Ex-ministers Join Forces With APC Govs Against Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by BleedingPen: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
By Ogochukwu Isioma

Despite the rift between him and his boss, the Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt Hon Comrade Philip Shaibu, on Sunday, reaffirmed his unalloyed loyalty to Governor Godwin Obaseki, whom he described as his elder brother.

Shaibu stated this while addressing journalists shortly after the Interdenominational Thanksgiving Service to mark Edo State 32nd year anniversary, held at the Festival Hall, Government House, Benin City.

Fielding questions from Government House correspondents, Shaibu said whatever disagreement he may have with his boss was strictly a family affair and he (Shaibu) would never address the governor in the media, while maintaining that ambition does not affect loyalty as his loyalty to Obaseki remain absolute.

His words, ”Issues that concern my governor are not what I discuss on camera. He (Obaseki) is my elder brother and boss, if I have any issues with him, I think it is better settled at home not in the media. Family problem are better resolved in a family way.

“I am well brought up and from my Christian background, when you take a vow (with God), you must fulfil it. And the vow I have taken with God is that I will continue to support Godwin Obaseki as the Governor of Edo State from the beginning to the end.

“But that doesn’t stop any other thing that has to do with ambition. Ambition is personal. Ambition does not affect loyalty. My loyalty to the governor remains absolute. I am also in solidarity with the governor and declaring my unalloyed loyalty to the governor,” Shaibu said.

Speaking on Saturday’s Bendel Insurance Football Club of Benin 4-3 victory on penalty kicks over Aso Chlef Football Club of Algeria in the second round of the 2023/2024 CAF Confederation Cup preliminary round, the Deputy Governor congratulated the team for the heroic performance.

Shaibu, who was former captain of Insurance that led the team to the Nigeria Premier Football League two seasons ago, thanked Governor Obaseki for believing in his inability as a former professional footballer and sportsman and allowing him (Shaibu) to handle sports, while also expressing gratitude to members of his team and Edo sport lovers who joined hands to revive the Bendel Insurance Football Club.

Dignitaries who graced the ceremony include Governor Obaseki, representatives of the Governors of Delta and Bayelsa States, Chief Judge of the State, Justice Daniel Okungbowa; Speaker, Edo State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Blessing Agbebaku; Secretary to the State Government, Osarodion Ogie; Prof. Darlington Obaseki, Chief Medical Director, University of Benin Teaching Hospital; Dr. Osahon Enabulele, President, World Medical Association (WMA); Rev Felix Omobude, former Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN); Allen Onyema, Chairman, Air Peace, among others.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/08/27/edo-shaibu-restates-loyalty-to-gov-obaseki-says-ambition-personal-metrowatch/

Lala Mynd44 Omp44 Seun

Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by BleedingPen: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
Congratulations to Edo @ 32
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Aonkuuse(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
Good one
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by illicit(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nice one
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by ivolt: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
What happened to his Khakhi?
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by tydi(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
But that Dss guy shouldn't had stopped him from meeting with his boss Obaseki in church today. If I was Philip Shaibu I make sure he's sacked.
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by 22o62021: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
Them dey use Edo people play politics

Benin city is like a village square

The water fall in kings Square that beautifies The center of Benin has not been working for 7 years now.

Museum ground has been turned to restaurants and bar.

Make he help us extend the Wi-Fi to CBN area biko
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by yarimo(m): 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nothing wrong in deputy governor wanting to succeed his governor constitutionally. Obasaki is foolish man
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Knetpro(m): 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by MrsTwrite(f): 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nice one
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Ofunaofu: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
yarimo:
Nothing wrong in deputy governor wanting to succeed his governor constitutionally. Obasaki is foolish man

Nothing is actually wrong with that and he can as well achieve that in the APC

Yarimo, don't you think he will be so welcomed in the APC
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by slivertongue: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
matured response
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by yarimo(m): 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Nothing is actually wrong with that and he can as well achieve that in the APC

Yarimo, don't you think he will be so welcomed in the APC
he has every constitutional rights to join any political party in Nigeria
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by FreeStuffsNG: 1:20am On Aug 28, 2023
22o62021:
Them dey use Edo people play politics

Benin city is like a village square

The water fall in kings Square that beautifies The center of Benin has not been working for 7 years now.

Museum ground has been turned to restaurants and bar.

Make he help us extend the Wi-Fi to CBN area biko
Hahaha ...Edo no be Lagos true true. See as Governor is on one wing and the Deputy Governor on another wing inside a moderate hall. You got the kind of leaders you deserve because most of you are petty.
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Unperturbedpota: 6:13am On Aug 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha ...Edo no be Lagos true true. See as Governor is on one wing and the Deputy Governor on another wing inside a moderate hall. You got the kind of leaders you deserve because most of you are petty.

Talkative old man who doesn't have any self respect. Leave this round and go and relate with your age mates. You should be discussing wit your children what university they are going to and not trolling on Nairaland at your age sir

At 50 you should have children whom need you guidance not trolling with other people's kids here
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Parachoko: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Talkative old man who doesn't have any self respect. Leave this round and go and relate with your age mates. You should be discussing wit your children what university they are going to and not trolling on Nairaland at your age sir

At 50 you should have children whom need you guidance not trolling with other people's kids here
Dumb Post
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Unperturbedpota: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:
Dumb Post

Really? At 50 years do you hope o be like FreeStuffsNG ? Answer honestly bro at 50 years do you wish to be trolling and creating tribalitic posts up and down at 50?

I reject it in your life bro, my we succeeded and achieve with our age mates so we won't end up like FreeStuffsNG.

At 50 when I should be planning retirement investing heavily in bonds and stocks then ensure my personal clinic is being run efficiently, how will I have the time to be wasting like FreeStuffsNG.?

If he used his life plans well he won't be here trolling at his age

This place I have noticed is where alot of failures in their life come to feel important

Most people you see here live a fantasy life. They claim all sorts but I'm reality they are failures ..

Which successful person do you find here unlike twitter where you see CEOs , dire toes , presidents etc

Only criminals and failures mostly hang here. And you know them by how they invest so much time here , they bother about first to comment or likes , they waste hour upon hour here.

You like me I noticed don't usually spend too long or bother creating threads much. You come read drop a comment then leave.

But FreeStuffsNG lives here . That's tells you all you need to know . Failures only go where they find other low life's like them so they can feel secure.

Don't waste your pity on them
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by FreeStuffsNG: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Mynd44 nlfpmod
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Parachoko: 10:58am On Aug 28, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Really? At 50 years do you hope o be like FreeStuffsNG ? Answer honestly bro at 50 years do you wish to be trolling and creating tribalitic posts up and down at 50?

I reject it in your life bro, my we succeeded and achieve with our age mates so we won't end up like FreeStuffsNG.

At 50 when I should be planning retirement investing heavily in bonds and stocks then ensure my personal clinic is being run efficiently, how will I have the time to be wasting like FreeStuffsNG.?

If he used his life plans well he won't be here trolling at his age

This place I have noticed is where alot of failures in their life come to feel important

Most people you see here live a fantasy life. They claim all sorts but I'm reality they are failures ..

Which successful person do you find here unlike twitter where you see CEOs , dire toes , presidents etc

Only criminals and failures mostly hang here. And you know them by how they invest so much time here , they bother about first to comment or likes , they waste hour upon hour here.

You like me I noticed don't usually spend too long or bother creating threads much. You come read drop a comment then leave.

But FreeStuffsNG lives here . That's tells you all you need to know . Failures only go where they find other low life's like them so they can feel secure.

Don't waste your pity on them
No time to read your Garbage Comment.

1 Like

Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by KanwuliaExtra: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2023
Hmmmm.
Do or die politics.

Edo state for ELU P abegggggggggggggggi.
Time to join OTTI in real socio-economic development.
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by Unperturbedpota: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:
No time to read your Garbage Comment.

Liar you read it. But like the proverbial saying goes , you dare not bite the finger that feeds you 🤣🤣

So I understand, if you dare criticize him ,he won't send you your usual stipend 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Edo Crisis: Shaibu Restates Loyalty To Obaseki, Says Ambition Personal (PHOTOS) by NzogbuNzogbu: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2023
No wahala

E for hard Edo people to swallow shaibu if obaseki supported him let alone now obaseki hold am like gen rope

(1) (Reply)

Is Songhai A Good Name For Nigeria??? / Pastor Adeboye Didn’t Sit On My Traditional Royal Chair – Oyo Monarch Clarifies / Elon Musk In Trouble As Seun Osewa Blacklists Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.